New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 10, 2010 12:03 PM

Oct 2009
Hoppy said:
ezaya said:
Evangelion>Geass>Gundam...

Macross>Gundam>Geass>Evangelion

Evangelion has too much fanservice to be in the class with Gundam, Macross, and Geass.

lmao and Geass didnt have any fanservice!?
Jul 10, 2010 7:01 PM
Feb 2010
I've only watched Gundam 00 out of all the Gundam series, and it was so good compared to One Piece/Naruto/etc. Barely any fillers, beautiful music and graphics, epic fight scenes, and loveable characters.

Jul 11, 2010 6:58 AM

Dec 2007
flygon250 said:
Mobile Suit Gundam is indeed one of the most popular anime franchises of all time, in Japan at least.

IFrom what I have heard, the Universal Century (UC) Gundams are the best, so that's basically any Gundam with Char Aznable in it, plus Double Zeta (ZZ), but that one is less serious than the other UC Gundam, so isn't as highly regarded. Gundam Unicorn (the newest Gundam series) is also set on the UC timeline.
Lol, not even half of the U.C. Gundams has Char in it.

The best Gundams are better than Dragon Ball Z, Naruto and Bleach, while most Gundams are worse. The newer Gundams are mostly better than U.C. though, SEED Destiny really being the only one not better than all U.C. Gundams. But when new and U.C. meet in Unicorn, it's sugoi.
Jigero said:
and Gundam 08th MS team and G Gundam is the only gundams I know of that had fan service.
Lol, the only Gundams without any fanservice are MS IGLOO, 0080, Char's Counterattack, SD Gundam, Unicorn (for now) and Wing.
GurennJul 12, 2010 12:55 PM
Jul 11, 2010 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
Gurenn said:
flygon250 said:
Mobile Suit Gundam is indeed one of the most popular anime franchises of all time, in Japan at least.

IFrom what I have heard, the Universal Century (UC) Gundams are the best, so that's basically any Gundam with Char Aznable in it, plus Double Zeta (ZZ), but that one is less serious than the other UC Gundam, so isn't as highly regarded. Gundam Unicorn (the newest Gundam series) is also set on the UC timeline.

The best Gundams are better than Dragon Ball Z, Naruto and Bleach, while most Gundams are worse. The newer Gundams are mostly better than U.C. though, SEED Destiny really being the only one not better than all U.C. Gundams. But when new and U.C. meet in Unicorn, it's sugoi.
Jigero said:
and Gundam 08th MS team and G Gundam is the only gundams I know of that had fan service.
Lol, the only Gundams without any fanservice are MS IGLOO, 0080, SD Gundam, Unicorn (for now) and Wing.

Oh yea forgot about that. I dunno why 08th MS and G, are the only ones I remember for some reason. Wait did 0080 have Fan service? Haven't seen it in forever and I don't think F91 did either.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 11, 2010 12:15 PM
Jun 2010
tphrjnes said:

THE QUESTION IS: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON GUNDAM COMPARED TO DRAGONBALLZ, NARUTO, BLEACH, AND ONE PIECE? All which I've seen.

Besides Gundam Wing, SEED/SEED Destiny/G-Gundam/SD Gundam, it's quite insulting to compare to those sort of series. Sure ZZ Gundam was a bit shounen-ish, and Victory Gundam was a bit out of hand at times. They're pretty enjoyable.

By most who have seen it, Zeta Gundam is quite possibly one of the best animes you can possibly watch. Victory Gundam is a personal favorite of mine, that just takes that "War-time" feeling to the next level.

Of course, I'm more than a Gundam fan, I'm a big Tomino fan in general. Gotta love some of his stuff. Things like L-Gaim/Dunbine/Ideon are a real treat to watch as well. The man is known for putting his emotions into these series, so if he's depressed, expect plenty of deaths and tragedies, and in his happy moods, expect to find some pretty good stuff as well (Granted, I prefer his tragedies over his other series; of course, Turn-A Gundam was very enjoyable to watch). :p

k0k0 said:
I don't like dated stuff so the only one i've watched is Gundam 00 and it's excellent.

You're really missing out if that is how you view things. I never take how old or how it looks when I'm watching something. It's all about the story and characters. If it's good, I'll watch it. And some of the best animes are from the 80s.

But for visual quality, Zeta Gundam is incredibly ahead of its time. Even to this day, only Gundam 00 really surpasses it in its visuals. You could possibly say SEED did that, but in all honesty, I wasn't a fan of the 3D visuals popping out of a 2D picture. Nor was I a fan of the "So damned flashy" Gundams.
n01kaizermJul 11, 2010 12:25 PM
Jul 11, 2010 12:16 PM

Dec 2009
k0k0 said:
I don't like dated stuff so the only one i've watched is Gundam 00 and it's excellent.
10/10 would rage again
Jul 11, 2010 4:22 PM
May 2010
Gundam Wing, and 00 are great. Naruto is an epic fail. Bleach also fails too. It's got too much filler. And One Piece just sucks, the anime is bad, but the manga is good.
Jul 11, 2010 4:54 PM

Jun 2009
it all depends on taste so , if u like mecha/drammatic ( a little ) series, then u should watch it .... personally i like it more then naruto and bleach ( bleach i watch ; naruto i checked and i simply didnt liked it )
Gabriel

Jul 11, 2010 4:58 PM

Dec 2009
UC is so loved because it is 1 continuous story. Stuff that happened in one series have a lasting and direct effect on later series. It allows for a more dynamic feel because epic events happen, but only in UC can you see the aftermath play out years later.

Victory sucked from what I understand. And while I cannot verify because I never plan to watch it, the official poster art for it said it all for me. I guess my unnatural love for Gundam 00 is the pilots and people directly associated with them have really messed up past. You have to be a special kind of crazy to agree to take on entire armies with only 3 or 4 guys to back you up. Nothing you can possible say to me about any weapon or vehicle, will convince me I can kick the entire American Army's ass with only 4 guys. The pilots in Gundam 00 honestly think they had a chance to literally "Suppress all military activity on the planet with 4 Gundams".

Second reason is death. I like anime that have a sci-fi theme or edge, but manage to remember 1 simple fact, war is F$^%ing dangerous. Everyone should not live, period. For me, some of the good guys gotta die. I don't care who, but important people that you make me care about gots to be killed off just to prove to me no one is safe. Once I know the good guys will never lose a fight or are at risk, what is the point of watching any further.

I also like series that take the time to explain, if it is just 1 statement why they did certain things.

Example: Why are all the pilots teenagers?
Seeds = no clue or reason.

Gundam Wing = they were stupid enough to say yes to the plan.

Gundam 00 = The constant g-force the pilots are subjected to during prolonged use affects their health. Adult Pilots can only use them for a 1 or 2 years before their bodies can't take the stress anymore. Still maturing teens are less effected and can last 3 to 4 times longer.
Jul 11, 2010 5:37 PM

Jan 2010
Mysteic said:

Gundam Wing = they were stupid enough to say yes to the plan.

That really is a good point, haha.
Jul 11, 2010 6:09 PM
Jun 2010
Mysteic said:

Victory sucked from what I understand. And while I cannot verify because I never plan to watch it, the official poster art for it said it all for me. I guess my unnatural love for Gundam 00 is the pilots and people directly associated with them have really messed up past. You have to be a special kind of crazy to agree to take on entire armies with only 3 or 4 guys to back you up. Nothing you can possible say to me about any weapon or vehicle, will convince me I can kick the entire American Army's ass with only 4 guys. The pilots in Gundam 00 honestly think they had a chance to literally "Suppress all military activity on the planet with 4 Gundams".

Second reason is death. I like anime that have a sci-fi theme or edge, but manage to remember 1 simple fact, war is F$^%ing dangerous. Everyone should not live, period. For me, some of the good guys gotta die. I don't care who, but important people that you make me care about gots to be killed off just to prove to me no one is safe. Once I know the good guys will never lose a fight or are at risk, what is the point of watching any further.

Since you enjoy the death, Victory Gundam is probably right for you.

People who claim it sucks are those same people who tend to dislike random deaths in anime. These same people probably disliked Zeta Gundam and consider Gundam SEED to be the best of Gundam (No offense to those people; but I'm somewhat troubled by that view).

But the sheer fact is, Victory Gundam can be considered one of the best of the UC Gundam. While the softcore might dislike it, you'll find quite a few reviewers who take the whole series apart, to favor it greatly. Sure the animation isn't as good as Zeta Gundam, or the mecha feels older than it should. But it's really well done, even if Tomino was in a mental lapse.
Jul 12, 2010 6:41 AM

Dec 2007
Jigero said:
Gurenn said:
flygon250 said:

Jigero said:
Lol, the only Gundams without any fanservice are MS IGLOO, 0080, SD Gundam, Unicorn (for now) and Wing.

Oh yea forgot about that. I dunno why 08th MS and G, are the only ones I remember for some reason. Wait did 0080 have Fan service? Haven't seen it in forever and I don't think F91 did either.
F91 had Cecily Fairchild getting out of bath.
Jul 12, 2010 6:46 AM
Jun 2010
Gurenn said:
Jigero said:
Gurenn said:
flygon250 said:

Jigero said:

F91 had Cecily Fairchild getting out of bath.

What Tomino directed series/film didn't have some sort of nude/bath scene? ;)
Jul 12, 2010 12:54 PM

Dec 2007
Now that I think of it, Char's Counterattack is devoid of it too.
Jul 12, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
Gundam has a been around like you said for a very long time. Most of the series taht I have watched have been pleasurable experiences. I would recommend Gundam 08th ms first since its short and has a wonderful storyline.
Jul 12, 2010 6:10 PM
Jun 2010
I've watched 0079, Zeta, Unicorn, Turn A, SEED, SEED Destiny, and 00, so I certainly understand the sheer popularity of the series. I personally liked Zeta the most becuase of its story, but there isn't a series I've seen that I dislike, even if some of the characters can get annoying *cough*Shinn*cough*.
Jul 13, 2010 6:23 AM

Apr 2010
Smaster1690 said:
I watched Gundam Seed and Gundam 00...both were excellent.

And I add, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.

Planning on watching the whole Gundam series.

So far for me it's the best mecha anime I've ever seen, and I LOVE it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

109 by DinoNo1 »»
41 seconds ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Apr 23

45 by Blueberry173 »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite imas secretary?

Shizuna - Yesterday

13 by Shiningpom »»
8 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 28

66 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.