Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2022 4:45 AM

Nov 2016
TheAdo said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Now I don't remember correctly at all, but wasn't reverie filled with mostly flashbacks from all the previous arcs?
no ? i don't remember that ..it was all about the marijoa with some huge reveals and informations

The manga gave us some brief (1/3 of a page) arc/ character refresher for those we haven't seen in a while. The anime adapted these as entire flashbacks that took about half of the runtime of an episode each. However, as you said, it didn't change the fact that Reverie dropped some real bombs.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2022 1:55 PM

May 2020
bro gave jaya an a and baratie a c rofl
May 29, 2022 3:28 AM

Dec 2016
FMmatron said:
Perhaps my english is falling me, but you said "I highly I doubt I won't be placing Drum among the top ones and not I highly doubt that it will still place among my favorites once I'm further into the series or something along these lines.

Anyway, the surprise factor reason is a unique one and I'm absolutely with you that Chopper's character arc was one of the most emotional ones. Legit a tearjerker.

As for Marineford. Better don't expect too much from the anime version. I for one think it's the arc where the anime managed to amplify the bull shit and aspects that weren't much of a problem in the manga became one. Speaking of characters coming across as inept. They either reacted slow, not all or disappeared. The off screening transitions were smoother in the manga. There was lots of focus on running and repetitive shouting to fill the 20 minutes of an episode. All that didn't translate well to anime. Maybe it's just the snobby manga reader in me talking, but I was irritated by how the padding actively made it worse during that arc in particular. Just a little heads up.

I'm sorry if I could have worded that in a confusing way then, just tried to say in an emphatic way that in the end when I catch up it's very likely I end up including Drum among the top ones, just that.

And thanks for that advice and comment, but being the part of the series I see the most being repeatedly referred to as the one where (supposedly) the series finds its peak, I think it's only inevitable for it to be the part towards which one will have the highest expectations in advance. And I don't think all that you mention regarding the execution could really be an issue to me. As long as a series provides reasons to keep the viewer interested and engaged with the story and characters, slowing down the plot progression for whatever reason will never really be a problem. If it wasn't already with DBZ and Naruto, I have no reasons to think it is going to be with One Piece, especially once I reach the post-time skip territory many fans complain about. It's an approach of storytelling I also vastly prefer over the radically opposed instant gratification one of most of the so-called new gens. So don't worry, I'll be just fine lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 9, 2009

65 by TheStarscream759 »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 27 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Oct 9, 2009

32 by TheStarscream759 »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

330 by Yubisoft »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 905 Discussion

FMmatron - Oct 5, 2019

44 by MegaApple »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 900 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SuperRed - Aug 31, 2019

69 by MegaApple »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.