Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 905 Discussion

Oct 5, 6:25 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok at least this episode covered pretty much a chapter +- some scenes that were already shown last week and Luffy fooling around with Holdem. Zoro and Kiku had some playtime too.

The Red Hawk scene was pretty dope, tho. Loved the remix of the Luffy's here theme that was used and Tama's reaction.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Oct 5, 6:38 PM

The first minutes were slow it felt like the characters staring at each other and delaying the plot moving forward,they recaped Otama taming that baboon for no reason. We all know that the reason for her capture IS the fact that she has that "magical power"

The jokes were fine as always, at least they keep nailing the comedy but that was not a moment for comedy.

Once Luffy recaped Otama getting sick for drinking the water the episode picked up its pace and even tho most of the fight was filler against cannon fodder and I don't remember Speed using her bow in the manga it was pretty fantastic and I had a blast watching it. The animation is still on point and the sound too. A few stare contests and uneeded dialogs but they didn't suck the enjoyment out of this week's episode.

Law appearing in front a Hawkins, a fantastic done scene imo. And Luffy beating the shit out of Holdem was well executed, that Ace flashback added a lot of impact for Otama's character.

Overall, a good episode and one worth watching skipping a few scenes at the beginning.

Oct 5, 8:21 PM

that was pretty epic. It really felt like a classic one piece episode.

Oct 5, 8:37 PM

Damn Toei placed every strength on that red hawk! Truly magnificent.

I must say Toei, focuses so much on the sensation of the fight and really exaggerate sometimes. I wish they would focus also on the timing of the animation and scripts, damn they suck at those.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

Oct 5, 9:16 PM
Ah, best episode in a while.

I hope next episode we'll see Law fight, that would be great. The red hawk had really good animation, Luffy straight up one punched him.

Oct 5, 9:38 PM

Luffytaro cracking Holdem at the end was FIRE and seeing Kiku flex a bit was cool but this pacing makes me feel the red hawk should've happened like 3 episodes ago...can't say this episodes was more than okay, preview for next episodes looks good with Law vs. Hawkins.

Oct 5, 11:52 PM

Well this episode was a bit better than some previous episodes and decent enough to watch atleast.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Oct 6, 1:16 AM

First half felt a bit slow in pacing same as in previous episodes but the second half definitely cranked that up to a good pacing

Nice to see Luffy go Red Hawk on that small fry with that lion fanny pack, the animation at that scene really became better

Can't wait for Law vs Hawkins the next episode
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Oct 6, 1:51 AM

twoego said:
Ah, best episode in a while.

I hope next episode we'll see Law fight, that would be great. The red hawk had really good animation, Luffy straight up one punched him.

Absolutely agree. This was leaps and bounds better than the last few weeks worth of episodes combined. I'd like to hope we'll continue to get this, but I know they'll be too afraid to catch up to the manga for that to be an actual reality.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Oct 6, 2:00 AM

This episode was probably one of the best eps recently. It covered 10 pages. Definitely good enough.

When Luffy and Zoro started cracking their necks I thought half the episode would be about nothing but that, just like when Luffy and that sumo wrestler tried not to fall off the ring.

That Red Hawk (did Luffy say "jet" instead of "red" here?) was indeed pretty cool.

Oct 6, 3:44 AM

The last 10 minutes of this episode were much, much better than the past few episodes that aired, and Luffy's red hawk was excellently animated. Lets see if Toei can keep it up for Law vs Hawkins next week.
QUOTES:

"Tears and rain, fall down on my face, my body is unable to stay, and yet, my heart is unwilling to leave." – Uchiha Sasuke

"Only those who have suffered for long in the darkness, can see the light within the shadows." – Roronoa Zoro

“Why is it that the beautiful things are entwined more deeply with death than with life?” – Kaneki Ken

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." – Roy Mustang

Oct 6, 5:00 AM

That Red Hawk scene was awesome!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Oct 6, 7:47 AM

ok like the fights continue on..... I like zoro and female samurai chemistry

Oct 6, 9:13 AM

Law stop Hawkins, Luffy ko Holdem, Zoro and Okiku would be great couple Good episode, way better than previous

Also, Speed sama 4 nakama ❤️

Oct 6, 11:18 AM
Luffy can absorb flames !! That's great, mera mera absorption theory is becoming clearer

Oct 6, 11:26 AM

Yeah...that red hawk was pretty dope. Ball-de-boo had it coming.

Oct 7, 12:03 AM

Ah yes only One Piece anime would let their characters crack their neckbones dozens of times before a fight

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Oct 7, 6:09 PM

Overall definitely a better episode as the last ones. You know something is about to happen when Luffy and Zoro crack their necks that often. I liked the action. Okiku and Zoro made a good team. I honestly thought Speed was stronger. These arrows did absolute nothing.

I knew Luffy would freak out after he saw Tamas cheek and heard what Holdem did to her. That was by far the best Red Hawk animation I have seen so far. Absolute amazing job. It also showed how much stronger Luffy was compared to Holdem.

Can't wait to see Law vs Hawkins. This will be interesting.

Oct 8, 5:53 AM

Natsu88 said:
Overall definitely a better episode as the last ones. You know something is about to happen when Luffy and Zoro crack their necks that often. I liked the action. Okiku and Zoro made a good team. I honestly thought Speed was stronger. These arrows did absolute nothing.

The front liners are nothing compared to Luffy or Zoro.

Luffy just beat Katakurri, unless you are a bat man, you are not bothering him.

Oct 9, 2:24 PM
The last minutes of the episode were great !, a great animation. I got a few tears when Otama remembered Ace when she saw Luffy using the Red Hawk, it was a moving and epic scene. The bastard Holdem received his deserved. Zoro and Okiku were great too.
I want to see the fight between Law and Hawkins 😎.

Ps: Damn Jack! The bastard is still alive.

Oct 11, 6:14 PM

People may complain about how slow the pace is, but that animation of Red Hawk really compensate for the pace. This indeed the best animation I have seen of Red Hawk. So much better than the animation of the same technique in Fishman Island. This director knows what he is doing and how to animate the art and pace in the important fights. I am really glad they decided to change the director. Really love how Oda write this story. She just got the Ace nostalgia by seeing the fire of Luffy's technique. Gonna be interesting to see her reaction when/if she get to know they are "siblings". Great ep., though it was slow in the beginning.

Looks like Zoro have got a new waifu in his collection, Okiku. She is cute and have a stronger mentality than Tashigi in fights. I hope they meet and make it a threesome. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PS! Ever since I have seen Holdem's appearance it reminds me of the lion zombie dude from Thriller Bark. Am I the only one who got this feeling? LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Today, 3:53 AM

First half was just them screaming at each other and that weakling laughing all the time.
"Tama! I will save you now!" - Proceeds to do nothing for another 10 minutes.

Second half at least had some fighting, even though it was just fodder again.

Preview MangaManga Store