Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 7, 2022 2:41 AM
Aug 2021
Is it just me or was this movie actually a huge disappointed, like it wasn’t bad, it was just mediocre. Felt like a watered down rehash of the final half of the silver would arc. I just feel utsuro had so much promise as a villain after the first time we met him and such. Idk I’m just disappointed. I love gintama and when I saw the final movie had a 9.04 I was super excited and honestly think it’s a 7 or barely an 8 and don’t get why it’s ranked so high. So I guess I’m just wondering if I’m the only one that feels this way?
May 7, 2022 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
You are the first one I've personally heard/seen calling the movie mid 😅
May 7, 2022 3:06 AM
Aug 2021
Eren_Cho said:
maybe my expectations were just way too high, like I still liked it but I was expecting to be blown away since it had a 9.04 rating tbh
May 7, 2022 3:15 AM

Aug 2018
i feel you. gintama stopped being good after the farewell, shinsengumi arc.
May 7, 2022 3:21 AM
Dec 2020
Demon slayer pfp…
May 7, 2022 3:22 AM
Aug 2021
MikeyFromCali said:
Is it just me or was this movie actually a huge disappointed, like it wasn’t bad, it was just mediocre. Felt like a watered down rehash of the final half of the silver would arc. I just feel utsuro had so much promise as a villain after the first time we met him and such. Idk I’m just disappointed. I love gintama and when I saw the final movie had a 9.04 I was super excited and honestly think it’s a 7 or barely an 8 and don’t get why it’s ranked so high. So I guess I’m just wondering if I’m the only one that feels this way?

I think the same, it was for me the worst film of gintama.
May 7, 2022 3:25 AM
Mar 2020
MikeyFromCali said:
Eren_Cho said:
maybe my expectations were just way too high, like I still liked it but I was expecting to be blown away since it had a 9.04 rating tbh

Ratings are subjective. Fmab is the highest rated anime here, yet everyday you hear people say it’s mid af. It’s all just opinions. It might not be 9.04 worthy for you, but it definitely is that much or even higher for someone else.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 7, 2022 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
MikeyFromCali said:
Eren_Cho said:

I may agree with the rating but I can see why you didn't like it. When there is hype surrounding a show, I also set my hopes insanely high and I'm ending up disappointed. I have the same problem with almost every mainstream anime. The best way to watch a show is going blind.
May 7, 2022 5:11 AM
Apr 2021
U sure u watched this movie?
May 7, 2022 5:50 AM
Oct 2016
arshia_rfi1 said:
Demon slayer pfp…

His entire argument is destroyed.
May 7, 2022 5:57 AM
Feb 2020
As someone who wasn’t a fan of the Silver Soul arc, this movie really blew me away.

Silver Soul felt more like a “come friends, let’s save the world from the biggest threat ever” arc but that really wasn’t a case with the Aftermath. Gintama’s always been a story about people who lost everything trying to move on from their past and live their lives to the fullest with the ones they care about. At the beginning of Gintama, Gintoki found himself living this type of life.

Notice how in the earlier OPs, he dreams about his past but finds peace and relief when he wakes up besides Kagura and Shinpachi. With Takasugi and Shouyo’s returns, his past came back to haunt him. By killing both Takasugi and Utsuro, Gintoki finally moved on from his past and Gintama ended the way it needed to be, with the cast back to their normal happy, careless lives.

Sure, this movie doesn’t have a lot of hype action content to offer and in all honesty, it looks kinda bad for an anime MOVIE, but this is the ending Gintama was always supposed to have.
May 7, 2022 7:10 AM
Nov 2021
you sure you listened to the storyline demon slayer pfp?
May 7, 2022 12:02 PM
May 2021
MikeyFromCali said:

I totally agree I have no idea why people gave this movie such good reviews it's really disappointing compared to other gintama movies and honestly this isn't even an unpopular opinion most gintama fans agree this wasn't that great a movie I'm honestly so confused to why they still gave it such great reviews.
May 7, 2022 12:10 PM
Oct 2021
It's kinda disappointed that it ended you mean 😩
The movie was good, and it had the best ending Gintama could ever have🦉 10/10 🤷‍♂
Different people different opinions ig
May 7, 2022 12:26 PM
Mar 2021
Nah I was just disappointed that GOATama ended with the movie
May 7, 2022 12:36 PM
Aug 2020
the movie had more plot than all seasons of demon slayer combined.
May 8, 2022 9:06 AM
Apr 2021
yes only you sir..
May 8, 2022 9:08 AM
Apr 2021
Vector99 said:
MikeyFromCali said:

I think the same, it was for me the worst film of gintama.

ayyyy chill out man
May 9, 2022 4:06 AM
Aug 2021
arshia_rfi1 said:
Demon slayer pfp…
okay? What does that have to do with anything lol
May 9, 2022 4:08 AM
Aug 2021
Jamil10 said:
U sure u watched this movie?
lol, I still liked it and it still had some amazing scenes like takasugis desth scene hit me hard. But I just expected more from it overall.
May 9, 2022 4:09 AM
Aug 2021
Mugglus said:
arshia_rfi1 said:
Demon slayer pfp…

His entire argument is destroyed.
im not even posing an argument lol, I’m just stating my opinion and wondering if anyone else felt the same
May 9, 2022 4:12 AM
Aug 2021
sadaharu48 said:
you sure you listened to the storyline demon slayer pfp?
I just kinda look like Giyu and think he’s sick lol, demon slayer isn’t even in my top 5. And ya I followed the storyline, I still like the movie just not as much as I was expecting to
May 9, 2022 4:13 AM
Aug 2021
Schwarznight said:
the movie had more plot than all seasons of demon slayer combined.
lol you think you offend me? Demon slayer isn’t Even in my top 5. Plus you’re talking like demons slayer has tons of seasons haha.
May 9, 2022 4:22 AM

Dec 2018
Just finished watching it and honestly that's how I've been feeling since the beginning of the Silver Soul Arc. A shame really.
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
May 9, 2022 4:31 AM
May 2021
Woah people are insulting him just because he has demon slayer pfp lol.
May 9, 2022 4:33 AM

Dec 2018
NoBoDY-5 said:

OP was asking for it. Publicly giving your opinion on a shonen series is basically asking to get swarmed by children.
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
May 9, 2022 6:51 AM

Jun 2020
MikeyFromCali said:

Well, I actually kind of felt the same way, tho I think it was a problem with the movie itself and not exactly the storyline. The format of the movie was kinda weird, because the chapters didn't feel like they worked in movie format (The movie felt too fast paced/rushed for the first half an hour). I'd suggest you try reading the manga from where the anime left off at ep367, since a lot of content after it was skipped (despite the existence of the semi final), and pretty much the whole context/background info of the movie was cut out.

And maybe it's also the fact that silver soul aftermath was more of a 'tying loose ends/cleanup' arc.People expected a huge epic final battle or something but forgot it already took place in silver soul part 2.

I was disappointed at first too, it was only when I went back to rewatch all of aftermath and read the cut out manga chapters, and then rewatch the movie that I truly loved it.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!
May 9, 2022 4:03 PM
Jul 2019
Violetsanime said:
As someone who wasn’t a fan of the Silver Soul arc, this movie really blew me away.

Silver Soul felt more like a “come friends, let’s save the world from the biggest threat ever” arc but that really wasn’t a case with the Aftermath. Gintama’s always been a story about people who lost everything trying to move on from their past and live their lives to the fullest with the ones they care about. At the beginning of Gintama, Gintoki found himself living this type of life.

Notice how in the earlier OPs, he dreams about his past but finds peace and relief when he wakes up besides Kagura and Shinpachi. With Takasugi and Shouyo’s returns, his past came back to haunt him. By killing both Takasugi and Utsuro, Gintoki finally moved on from his past and Gintama ended the way it needed to be, with the cast back to their normal happy, careless lives.

Sure, this movie doesn’t have a lot of hype action content to offer and in all honesty, it looks kinda bad for an anime MOVIE, but this is the ending Gintama was always supposed to have.

This was me too…
May 11, 2022 2:00 PM
Aug 2021
Im_Stuff said:
NoBoDY-5 said:

OP was asking for it. Publicly giving your opinion on a shonen series is basically asking to get swarmed by children.
Im_Stuff said:
NoBoDY-5 said:

you speak nothing but facts haha
May 11, 2022 2:02 PM
Aug 2021
Ronin74 said:
MikeyFromCali said:

Well, I actually kind of felt the same way, tho I think it was a problem with the movie itself and not exactly the storyline. The format of the movie was kinda weird, because the chapters didn't feel like they worked in movie format (The movie felt too fast paced/rushed for the first half an hour). I'd suggest you try reading the manga from where the anime left off at ep367, since a lot of content after it was skipped (despite the existence of the semi final), and pretty much the whole context/background info of the movie was cut out.

And maybe it's also the fact that silver soul aftermath was more of a 'tying loose ends/cleanup' arc.People expected a huge epic final battle or something but forgot it already took place in silver soul part 2.

I was disappointed at first too, it was only when I went back to rewatch all of aftermath and read the cut out manga chapters, and then rewatch the movie that I truly loved it.
thats smart cuz they just summarized the cut out chapters in the beginning of the movie lol high made it feel kinda a. Random place for the movie to start haha
May 18, 2022 11:01 PM
Nov 2017
MizuDLuffy said:
i feel you. gintama stopped being good after the farewell, shinsengumi arc.

I agree. I can't exactly describe it but post farewell shinsengumi it started unraveling fast. The Final was not good.
May 20, 2022 10:57 AM
Jan 2020
Agree, this movie was a disappointment. I like the Silver Soul arc and most of the Gintama series but this movie feels very rush and all over the place to me. Also the lack of comedy in this movie makes it indifferent from your avarage shonen. The rating is high because the animation is good, people these days cares only about animation.
May 20, 2022 11:06 AM

Feb 2016
Kanketsu-hen is the superior movie. The Final and Silver Soul are both bad.
その目だれの目?
May 31, 2022 5:47 PM
May 2022
MikeyFromCali said:

bro HOW could u be disappointed they literally exploited utsuro as a villain as much as they could. he came down, wrecked havoc in edo, terrorized everyone, "died", came back as little shoyo who later had the oportunity to reunite with his students and tell gintoki how proud he is of the man he became and helped takasugi redeem himself as a shoka sonjuku student. utsuro gave us some of the best fights in the show and is a really important character revolving around gintoki's past and overall himself as a person. i think gintama couldnt've had a better ending, really. and it continues with silver soul arc just fine. if you have complaints about the arc in the anime, the staff were going through a tough time so it does have a couple of things they could've done better, but really, the anime adapted almost every little thing from the manga so we can't complain. this movie was a masterpiece. but well, everyone has their opinion ig.
May 31, 2022 5:49 PM

Sep 2020
arshia_rfi1 said:
Demon slayer pfp…
Damn his entire argument is completely obliterated /hj
Jun 30, 2022 9:45 AM
Sep 2020
As someone who absolutely loves everything about Gintama, this movie was a massive disappointment. I suggest you read the manga chapters the movie adapted because then you'll get to experience GOATAMA again.
Jul 24, 2022 2:24 AM
Oct 2021
As someone who absolutely loves everything about Gintama, this movie was a massive disappointment. I suggest you read the manga chapters the movie adapted because then you'll get to experience GOATAMA again(2).
Jul 24, 2022 2:28 AM

Nov 2020
I Think it wasnt as good as someother seasons specially Gintama°(goat season) but still was enjoyable and nowhere near mid . I will give it an 8.5 /10.

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jul 25, 2022 2:34 AM
May 2020
Aside from the fact that the animation overall was lacking considering this is a movie, it is a great adaptation of the manga imo. The plot is definetly better than SS part 1 with that trash villain and honestly i can't see how utsuro could be exploited more than he's already been. Sure SA and FS were the peak of this show but what comes after is not bad, just inferior to those arcs mensioned. Lastly you can't say this movie didn't have comedy when the last 30 mins are purely comedy and even in the serious part the comedy is apparent (sadaharu's poo hole, prince hata, yorozuya uniting).
Aug 14, 2022 2:56 AM
Oct 2021
As someone who absolutely loves everything about Gintama, this movie was a massive disappointment. I suggest you read the manga chapters the movie adapted because then you'll get to experience GOATAMA again(3).
Aug 25, 2022 6:01 AM

Dec 2020
Lol the movie was just mind blowing for me.Lived up to expectations and gintama never fails for me.

For your Information:

Dec 7, 2022 1:55 PM

Jul 2010
I have watched probably everything Gintama franchise has to offer. Including all OVAs, movies, and even some live action events like musicals. I have watched Kanketsu-hen like 6 times and it is one of the best things I have seen.

After postponing it for months, I finally watched the final. I have to say this final movie is the worst part this series has produced. It is clearly a last cash grab attempt. I am not saying this to dis the production team, they clearly deserve the cash. But compared to other parts, this one was bad. It didn't even have the essential parts a movie should have (climax was non-existent tbh). I think this could be avoided by having the Silver-soul arc as movie, and having this part as OVA.
Feb 7, 2023 2:47 AM
Jan 2021
MikeyFromCali said:

Don't worry i also rated 7 because it wasn't worth the hype
Apr 25, 2023 3:54 PM

Apr 2020
I don't agree with it being a disappointment. But I think I understand the feeling that it should have felt so much more special/momentous/heartbreaking.
I personally enjoyed this movie since Gintama is my favorite Anime of all time and I've been craving it for a long time now- adding to that that it took me 2 years to see this movie due to confusion (I mistook it for "Semi-Final" for an entire year because it's called "Very Final" here, so I avoided it as I wait for "The Final", not realizing THAT was already it). XP
Anyways, by the end of that movie, I felt like I wasn't as mesmerized as I was when I watched "Be Forever Yorozuya" which was thought to be the last Gintama content at the time (one of the "Gintama Scams" XD)

I don't know the situation during the production of this movie but, I do also believe this movie could have been made so much more intense since they already managed to do that with the TV arcs (Four Devas, Shinigami, Farewell Shinsengumi, Yoshiwara, to name a few of my faves), and this is definitely the most important arc of them all. Not to mention, both in "Be Forever Yorozuya" and the last season of the TV series, a lot of characters showed up and got their moments, which gave the feeling that it's all really coming to an end. But with this "Final" movie, most of them were just shown briefly.

But nevertheless, with all my complaints and nitpicks, I'm just glad to see that Gintama had a satisfying enough story conclusion, unlike some Anime. BE FOREVER YOROZUYA!
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
May 28, 2023 6:20 AM
Jan 2017
Snakebutnotsolid said:

imagine being this dumb AND say the movie looks bad
Oct 24, 2023 9:34 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to Dinorexy007
Lol the movie was just mind blowing for me.Lived up to expectations and gintama never fails for me.
@Dinorexy007 Time for a rude awakening for you and your mob buddies:

Spoiler alert: Gintama is bad, and you should feel bad.

Nobody will miss this joyless, worthless tragedy of a shitshow. The only reason that it keeps making the top 25 is because the imbecilic fangirls keep making bot accounts to falsely boost the stats. Don't believe me? Go look at the number of members on the Top Anime list, then look at the numbers for shows that actually have a following: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan Final Season, and Hunter X Hunter all break 1+million viewers easily. But Gintama? This sad, pathetic excuse of a comedy wannabe can't even break a million, let alone half of that despite the 18 miserable years of its lousy existence. And to top it off, Final only has 140,000 troglodytes who watched it because the quality has drastically decreased over time! I'm beaming! xDDDDDDDDDD

That's right, Gintards: You're being called out. This is for all of the years of your sickening pandering to an overrated product that is a sheer mockery of everything good about the industry. Gintama is nothing more than a bastardization of brilliant stories that came before it; a veneer of intelligent writing that blatantly rips off other shounen and then falls flat on its face with anything "original" that it tries to portray, just like its shitty comedy. Each and every one of you should be ashamed of propping up this cardboard cutout. But it's okay, because just like that meme on Twitter, I'll be taking off those masks of yours and showing everyone your bawling faces. Once again, shame on you for falsely this disasterpiece with your fakeass accounts and spineless mob tactics. You know who you are.

Story: Trash/10 - Nothing about this is likeable.
Music: Trash/10 - Who wrote this generic shounen cacophony, a 12 year-old? Definitely wasn't a true artist.
Characters: Trash/10 - Oh man, a silver-haired samurai who is constantly bored! How unique! Such telling! Must be exactly how the audience felt after they got burnt out from the shitty juvenile jokes.
Comedy: Trash/10 - If you're gonna rip off entire genres, then at least make it funny like the 3 Stooges or Tom & Jerry, not just a bunch of fucking nitwits yelling their heads off the whole time. And the Gintards actually like this? Ha. Now that's funny.
Animation: Trash/10 - Low-effort, just like everything else in this shitshow.
Finality: Trash/10 - Not worth remembering. Good riddance.

In the words of Boku no Pico: Rest in Piss, Gaytama.
Oct 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to Xeno_Wrath33x
@Dinorexy007 Time for a rude awakening for you and your mob buddies:

Spoiler alert: Gintama is bad, and you should feel bad.

Nobody will miss this joyless, worthless tragedy of a shitshow. The only reason that it keeps making the top 25 is because the imbecilic fangirls keep making bot accounts to falsely boost the stats. Don't believe me? Go look at the number of members on the Top Anime list, then look at the numbers for shows that actually have a following: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan Final Season, and Hunter X Hunter all break 1+million viewers easily. But Gintama? This sad, pathetic excuse of a comedy wannabe can't even break a million, let alone half of that despite the 18 miserable years of its lousy existence. And to top it off, Final only has 140,000 troglodytes who watched it because the quality has drastically decreased over time! I'm beaming! xDDDDDDDDDD

That's right, Gintards: You're being called out. This is for all of the years of your sickening pandering to an overrated product that is a sheer mockery of everything good about the industry. Gintama is nothing more than a bastardization of brilliant stories that came before it; a veneer of intelligent writing that blatantly rips off other shounen and then falls flat on its face with anything "original" that it tries to portray, just like its shitty comedy. Each and every one of you should be ashamed of propping up this cardboard cutout. But it's okay, because just like that meme on Twitter, I'll be taking off those masks of yours and showing everyone your bawling faces. Once again, shame on you for falsely this disasterpiece with your fakeass accounts and spineless mob tactics. You know who you are.

Story: Trash/10 - Nothing about this is likeable.
Music: Trash/10 - Who wrote this generic shounen cacophony, a 12 year-old? Definitely wasn't a true artist.
Characters: Trash/10 - Oh man, a silver-haired samurai who is constantly bored! How unique! Such telling! Must be exactly how the audience felt after they got burnt out from the shitty juvenile jokes.
Comedy: Trash/10 - If you're gonna rip off entire genres, then at least make it funny like the 3 Stooges or Tom & Jerry, not just a bunch of fucking nitwits yelling their heads off the whole time. And the Gintards actually like this? Ha. Now that's funny.
Animation: Trash/10 - Low-effort, just like everything else in this shitshow.
Finality: Trash/10 - Not worth remembering. Good riddance.

In the words of Boku no Pico: Rest in Piss, Gaytama.
@Xeno_Wrath33x ayoooooooooo it's been year since I watched that movie,time really flies fast,thx bud for taking back me to my past.

For your Information:

Oct 24, 2023 9:42 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to Dinorexy007
@Xeno_Wrath33x ayoooooooooo it's been year since I watched that movie,time really flies fast,thx bud for taking back me to my past.
@Dinorexy007 Enjoy the memories dude, no matter how terrible they might be!
Oct 24, 2023 9:49 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to Xeno_Wrath33x
@Dinorexy007 Enjoy the memories dude, no matter how terrible they might be!
@Xeno_Wrath33x it's been many months since I hasn't used Mal,but your reply made me comback to it and seeing all those notifications and fr really made me happy cuz of you
Once again thanks lub and have a nice life

For your Information:

Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

Oct 2023
It's ranked high because of some blind die-hard fans. No one else has watched this trash parody of other shows after 1st season.
goaTMaruNov 4, 2023 12:00 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: The Final Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

myth720 - Jan 10, 2021

180 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 23, 8:02 PM

» Can someone explain me how gintoki killed utsuro?

DENAM_106 - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Dumb »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:22 AM

» Kurokono Tasuke

Jozuwa-_- - Apr 25, 2023

6 by MikeyFromCali »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:27 AM

» Gintama Special News

moustafa356780 - Mar 19, 2023

8 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 20, 2023 12:28 PM

» Guys, do you appreciate everything about Sliver soul arc?

Sanjay63773 - Feb 25, 2023

9 by Dumb »»
Mar 11, 2023 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.