Forum Settings
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2022 4:28 AM

May 2016
Oh, boy. On the whole, the thing about Vol #8 is how different in tone it is from the previous volumes. In previous volumes, Fumiya was in an ascending state; even if things got difficult, one couldn't help but feel that Fumiya would make the right choice and win. Vol. #8 is darker, as Fumiya's one error in judgement after another darkens the tone.

Will he lose Kikuchi? If he does it would be deservedly so. He treated her like crap for most of the entire volume. True, technically he didn't do anything egregious, but he didn't put her first and foremost in a manner where she could plainly see and understand so. True, he turned Rena down, but he tried to cover the phone conversation up, and it bit him in the ass.

I still think Aoi is grooming him; it was stated early in the volume that his ultimate goal is to be on her level.

I guess 8.5 will be next, released in Sept......
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jun 5, 2023 12:08 PM

Mar 2019
Probably the worst volume of the series, because most of it was microsecond to microsecond discussion about Atafami.

I don't like the path fumiya is choosing and I dislike it's reasoning. Because pro gamers train hours and basically have no time to interact much with outside World. That's antithesis of this entire story. Pre glow up fumiya makes more sense to be a pro gamer.

And the drama and misunderstanding part is what was redeemable in this volume. He is learning an important lesson. You have to prioritize your partner over your friends, and small misunderstandings can kill a relationship.

I also like it that Kikuchi thinks she's losing fumiya since he's becoming more outgoing. This relationship could never work out. Both of them are too quiet to communicate disagreements. I still think Mimimi was best choice for fumiya because of her polar opposite personality with him, with Aoi being close second because she'll be changed by him in future.

I read last volume in half a day. This took me like 3 weeks. So much bloat.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Feb 7, 9:21 PM
Jul 2015
I'm the opposite of the above ^ This was the fastest I ever read volume. I didn't mind the atafami play by plays as a smash player myself. Rena is really annoying as a character, if anything she is the one trying to groom tomozaki, asking inappropriate questions constantly as a 20 year old when he's 17.

Vol 7 and 8 have been the best so far imo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Chapter 9 Discussion

AngelofFrost - Jan 27, 2023

7 by Mreci1 »»
Apr 6, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Volume 7 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Nov 17, 2022

3 by MH93 »»
Jan 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Volume 5 Discussion

FireFistYK - Dec 5, 2020

4 by MH93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Volume 4 Discussion

animejas - Sep 28, 2020

1 by MH93 »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:16 PM

» Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Volume 6.5 Discussion

tywhoppity - Sep 10, 2021

3 by light_straight »»
May 13, 2023 11:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.