Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 1, 2022 4:32 AM
Feb 2021
Hi i can see there are 3 movies and some specials can anyone help with watch order thx in advance
May 1, 2022 5:00 AM

Nov 2020
The special is just a bunch of fun shorts with limited animation. Each episode is 2 minutes long and they're mostly focused on a conversation between Kumiko and her two best friends, usually building up to a joke about some characters' personality. Not relevant to the story but fun to watch nonetheless.

The first two movies are compressed recaps of the two seasons of the anime. I would not recommend watching them if you've seen the anime already. Even if you haven't, I'd recommend watching the anime first.

The third movie is important. It's about the events transpiring after season 2 of the anime. It introduces new cast members too.

There is another movie btw, and probably the most important of them all. It's titled 'Liz and the Blue Bird.' It focuses on the duo of Nozomi and Mizore. It's the most recent big entry in the Hibike Euphonium franchise and it's a must watch movie in general. I recommend you watch it after the third movie.

So yeah, if you're short on time, your watch order should just be the third movie and 'Liz and the Blue Bird' after finishing the two anime seasons. Have fun!
May 1, 2022 5:03 AM
Nov 2021
the first two movies are just compressed versions of the show. the specials are nothing more than just random episodic stuff about some of the characters it has nothing to do with the main story. I suggest you watch season one and 2 then watch movie 3.

I also suggest watching liz and the blue bird it's a hibeke movie it's pretty good you could watch that at any time
May 1, 2022 2:12 PM
Mar 2021
How I watched it was:

1) Hibike! Euphonium

2)Hibike! Euphonium: Ready, Set, Monaka

2) Hibike! Euphonium: Suisougaku-bu no Nichijou

3) Hibike! Euphonium 2

4) Hibike! Euphonium 2 Specials

6) Liz and the Bluebird (Movie)

7) Hibike! Euphonium: Chikai no Finale (Movie)

I think this is the best way to watch it without the recap movies, but by any means feel free to try another way.
May 2, 2022 4:26 AM
Sep 2021
Go through Season 1 then Season 2 then must watch Liz to aoi tori (it's optional because it's more of a side story than related to main series but little do you know it was better than the whole series no cap) After that watch chiaki no final (which was movie 3 ig)

And yeah i forgot to mention Two movies were recap and those special episodes weren't related to story You can skip them
May 2, 2022 9:26 AM
Feb 2021
Eterrath said:
The special is just a bunch of fun shorts with limited animation. Each episode is 2 minutes long and they're mostly focused on a conversation between Kumiko and her two best friends, usually building up to a joke about some characters' personality. Not relevant to the story but fun to watch nonetheless.

The first two movies are compressed recaps of the two seasons of the anime. I would not recommend watching them if you've seen the anime already. Even if you haven't, I'd recommend watching the anime first.

The third movie is important. It's about the events transpiring after season 2 of the anime. It introduces new cast members too.

There is another movie btw, and probably the most important of them all. It's titled 'Liz and the Blue Bird.' It focuses on the duo of Nozomi and Mizore. It's the most recent big entry in the Hibike Euphonium franchise and it's a must watch movie in general. I recommend you watch it after the third movie.

So yeah, if you're short on time, your watch order should just be the third movie and 'Liz and the Blue Bird' after finishing the two anime seasons. Have fun!

tq just finished the first two seasons will continue with 3rd movie and Liz
May 2, 2022 12:28 PM
Feb 2021
to all those newcomers my personal advice stop with S2

MOVIE 3 is garbageeee !!!! I dunno what is the reason for producing that movie IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN S3 WITH 12 EPISODES

pacing was awful really painful to see such good series had a dreadful movie 7.7 is OVERRATED
May 5, 2022 5:44 PM
Feb 2019
s1 -> team monaka ova (optional but gives great development to some side characters) -> s2 -> liz and the blue bird -> movie 3

liz can be watched anytime after s2 but i recommend it before starting movie 3
May 5, 2022 11:06 PM

Apr 2018
bezardo said:
to all those newcomers my personal advice stop with S2

MOVIE 3 is garbageeee !!!! I dunno what is the reason for producing that movie IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN S3 WITH 12 EPISODES

pacing was awful really painful to see such good series had a dreadful movie 7.7 is OVERRATED

Can confirm this. Imagine fitting event of S1 (which is already somewhat rushed) into 1 hour and a half, that's basically whole Movie 3. It's time management disaster waiting to happen.

For the rest people here, watch order is this:

Hibike! Euphonium S1 --> Hibike! Euphonium S2 --> Liz and the Blue Bird (optional) --> Hibike! Euphonium Movie 3

Hibike Euphonium S3 is already announced but no update yet. It seem like project isn't cancelled though so there's still big chance.

Honestly, you should at least wait for S3 before watch Movie 3. I'm not even sure how they will continue in S3 with this messy story from Movie 3.
beam2546Jun 4, 2022 11:24 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

452 by Pandazzle »»
Apr 7, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

192 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

393 by CorayyAnime »»
Mar 25, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.