Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2022 1:07 AM
Oct 2021
Besides maybe Steins;Gate 0, I can’t think of a single Anime sequel that manages to have this level of quality. I thought that I was gonna rate the whole show a 6 after watching season one, but this season justified everything that happened in season one and that is impressive. Id rate the whole show an 8 out of 10
Apr 26, 2022 1:20 AM
Jan 2021
Demon slayer always have the sequel being better than the last
Apr 26, 2022 1:58 AM

Jul 2015
Well, Clannad exists, so...

Apr 26, 2022 2:01 AM
Apr 2020
Usmaan_2002 said:
Besides maybe Steins;Gate 0, I can’t think of a single Anime sequel that manages to have this level of quality. I thought that I was gonna rate the whole show a 6 after watching season one, but this season justified everything that happened in season one and that is impressive. Id rate the whole show an 8 out of 10

If we're talking about originals, then yes it's one of the best sequels
Even when comparing it to manga/light novel adaptations it still a great season from all the perspectives
Apr 26, 2022 2:09 AM
Apr 2020
Alasco2002 said:

Not really
S2 has massive plot Armors and 0 character development and neither plot progression which usually makes a new season better than the previous one
Apr 26, 2022 2:50 AM
Jan 2021
khalil04uzumaki said:
Alasco2002 said:

Not really
S2 has massive plot Armors and 0 character development and neither plot progression which usually makes a new season better than the previous one

Next time watch it with your eyes open
Apr 26, 2022 3:01 AM
Apr 2020
Alasco2002 said:
khalil04uzumaki said:

Not really

Oh wow thanks for the advice
But I'm not wrong tho
Apr 26, 2022 3:38 AM
Jan 2021
khalil04uzumaki said:
Alasco2002 said:

But I'm not wrong tho

Zenitsu can go on mission alone now, he even stood up to daki knowing she is an upper rank while being awake.

Inosuke back is season 1 was just a savage that could even step on a child and think about fighting alone but he matured a lot now, he follows orders, infiltrate to get informations, he is willing to do teamworks and protect people which he didn’t care before.

Tanjiro is a consistent character meaning he doesn’t get much development through the story just like luffy. But even so you can see the impact of rengoku’s death on him, it created a strong feeling of being the most useful possible and surpass his limits

And they defeated an upper moon which hadn’t been done in over 100 years and he collected their blood to send it to tamayo for a medecine for nezuko so the plot developped

So yeah next time watch it with your eyes open
Apr 26, 2022 3:55 AM
Apr 2020
Alasco2002 said:
khalil04uzumaki said:

But I'm not wrong tho

Zenitsu can go on mission alone now, he even stood up to daki knowing she is an upper rank while being awake.

Inosuke back is season 1 was just a savage that could even step on a child and think about fighting alone but he matured a lot now, he follows orders, infiltrate to get informations, he is willing to do teamworks and protect people which he didn’t care before.

Tanjiro is a consistent character meaning he doesn’t get much development through the story just like luffy. But even so you can see the impact of rengoku’s death on him, it created a strong feeling of being the most useful possible and surpass his limits

And they defeated an upper moon which hadn’t been done in over 100 years and he collected their blood to send it to tamayo for a medecine for nezuko so the plot developped

It's not about watching with eyes open but rather you must know what does character development actually means lol
None of those that you mentioned are considered neither plot progression nor character development, it's just about them getting stronger based on plot Armors
But yeah didn't expect much from someone rated all seasons of DS 10/10
Apr 26, 2022 4:12 AM
Jan 2021
khalil04uzumaki said:
Alasco2002 said:

It's not about watching with eyes open but rather you must know what does character development actually means lol
None of those that you mentioned are considered neither plot progression nor character development, it's just about them getting stronger based on plot Armors
But yeah didn't expect much from someone rated all seasons of DS 10/10

I didn’t even talk about strength, are you that illiterate? Lmao, I purely talked about their character and development throughout season 2, character development isn’t changing your personality it is about becoming better as a person.
And how is that not plot progression? Lmao you really makes no sense
Apr 26, 2022 9:13 AM
Sep 2018
I totally agree! The first season was like a 6 or 7, very stylish but kind of generic. I’m so glad I watched season 2 though because it was such a beautiful and painful story and made me sob like a baby. Absolutely 10/10 for me and I hope people didn’t sleep on it just because season one was meh
Apr 26, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2020
No, it not all that good. This anime had chance to represent both fighting and themes at the same time. But it doesnt, most fights were simply made underwhelming and purposefully subversive. That is this sequal's biggest weakness.

There are simply too many places in this anime where I felt why the hell is the director's avoiding to show us the fight. Most of the show joe was not shown fighting, so when he purposefully left the fight in the final, The message was not impactful or effective enough. Infact this season made me appericiate first season because of what it lacked. It is still overall better than first season, but I wont say the gap is huge
AdampkApr 26, 2022 10:03 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 26, 2022 2:00 PM
Feb 2021
agreed, MB Nomad was incredible.
Apr 26, 2022 9:56 PM
Feb 2021
Piromysl said:
Well, Clannad exists, so...

I didn’t like the first season much but the second one was amazing
Apr 28, 2022 7:54 AM
Mar 2021
I liked it! But man aside from the very last episode. The last few episodes made me nod off to sleep.
May 8, 2022 1:18 PM
Jun 2021
For me it is by far the best and only good sequel anime to a series that ended and had a completed ending and didn't need another. It is a 10 for me and my second favorite anime as how they develop the character and the world is amazing and this is all done in 13 episodes. I love it so much as could rant about it for years
May 8, 2022 1:24 PM
Jun 2021
khalil04uzumaki said:
Alasco2002 said:

But I'm not wrong tho

You are not I gave demon slayer a 8 but that was just enjoyment as the first 3 episode where so boring and yes no character development at all just flash fights and the only development was in fights if not the show didn't move or develope
May 8, 2022 1:30 PM
Jun 2021
Adampk said:
No, it not all that good. This anime had chance to represent both fighting and themes at the same time. But it doesnt, most fights were simply made underwhelming and purposefully subversive. That is this sequal's biggest weakness.

There are simply too many places in this anime where I felt why the hell is the director's avoiding to show us the fight. Most of the show joe was not shown fighting, so when he purposefully left the fight in the final, The message was not impactful or effective enough. Infact this season made me appericiate first season because of what it lacked. It is still overall better than first season, but I wont say the gap is huge

I guess it was not just your type of show as I honestly like the fact that it didn't focus on fights but when it did it delivered like Mac vs Liu. Again well I would have liked a bit more of a fight I do think the way they ended it was amazing from a character development stand point but also showing the message and as a way to compare it and show the difference to the series it was originally based on. For me it impacted me in a way I have never felt in anime and it was brilliant.
May 9, 2022 1:43 AM

Feb 2020
CdiQuinn said:
Adampk said:

I guess it was not just your type of show as I honestly like the fact that it didn't focus on fights but when it did it delivered like Mac vs Liu. Again well I would have liked a bit more of a fight I do think the way they ended it was amazing from a character development stand point but also showing the message and as a way to compare it and show the difference to the series it was originally based on. For me it impacted me in a way I have never felt in anime and it was brilliant.

That is obvious not what I am trying to say. Whether being my type or not has nothing to do with the inconsistent narrative tone that happened here. I can appreciate a show without action, but this simply is not that type. It is being forceful to be like that the way I see it. Iike for eg even the training fight was cut short.
To simply put if how important boxing and winning is for joe has not been portrayed properly then the choice of him leaving the arena was such a big sacrificial choice is also not justified either. They show expect us to get that feeling from joe of previous season, that is not the how consistent transition is done. To simply put the message delivery is lacking, even if message itself is great

In this season, I simply never saw joe fighting his fullest, to make that the decision of leaving that one last bout hefty enough. Also other fights were also not that great compared to season 1. Mac vs liu was also too short to provide clash of emotions. Liu feelings were muted and this fight only servers as mac time intro.
If u have seen Hajime no Ippo, u will realise how much its lacking.
AdampkMay 9, 2022 2:46 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 26, 2022 8:39 PM
Oct 2016
only thing i could have wished for was more action grinding, but honestly that feels like it came down to not having room for it. even feels like it should have been 24 eps, but really good 2nd season either way. i'd even be hyped for a sachio spinoff, and i normally don't watch spinoffs. strong lore all around

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2021

126 by Belsel »»
Apr 17, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2021

116 by Meritas »»
Mar 22, 3:21 AM

» Where is Sachio going exactly?

fitSuhaimi - Jun 30, 2021

3 by Ultraobsolete »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

154 by Ultraobsolete »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:15 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

63 by Dumb »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.