Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 2022 2:07 AM
Jan 2022
If want to watch origin sao to finish - watch or read sao progressive but you like sao after s1 or s2 or this season watch this lol
Apr 19, 2022 2:17 AM

Nov 2021
Huh? Don't know what u saying but alcization is better than sao 2 and gun gale online followed by og sao, if that's what u Askin/saying.

(Desktop mode) โฌ‡๏ธ

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Apr 19, 2022 2:22 AM
Oct 2021
HA20010607 said:
If want to watch origin sao to finish - watch or read sao progressive but you like sao after s1 or s2 or this season watch this lol

i liked all the seasons of sao, and also that season was amazing
Apr 19, 2022 2:33 AM

Jul 2015
First half of Alicization is peak SAO.
Kirito starts from scratch, has a lot of development and there is another, equally important protagonist, who takes away some screentime from Kirito.

But then in second half random shit happens for no reason, Kiroto becomes a Jesus yet again, enables hax mode and overall SAO is peak trash once again.

Apr 19, 2022 2:35 AM

Oct 2020
^ just 11eps. Don't hate all of SAO-A for that. Tbh even this season was amazing and that episode when Kirito tears himself was an amazing episode. And that random shit u r talking about is after that, his OP side. only like 3eps tbf.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Apr 19, 2022 2:39 AM
Jul 2020
Mandem needs to proof read their shit
Apr 19, 2022 5:08 AM

Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
Kirito starts from scratch, has a lot of development and there is another, equally important protagonist, who takes away some screentime from Kirito.

But then in second half random shit happens for no reason, Kiroto becomes a Jesus yet again, enables hax mode and overall SAO is peak trash once again.

kirito is literally in a wheelchair, if jesus was in a wheelchair sure he became jesus lol
Apr 19, 2022 5:09 AM

Jul 2015
vampirenazuna said:
Piromysl said:

kirito is literally in a wheelchair, if jesus was in a wheelchair sure he became jesus lol

In a final quarter of Alicization he is literally not.

Apr 19, 2022 5:10 AM

Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
vampirenazuna said:

he quite literally is until the last 2/3 episodes LOL maybe you need a rewatch...?
Apr 19, 2022 5:15 AM

Jul 2015
vampirenazuna said:
Piromysl said:

he quite literally is until the last 2/3 episodes LOL maybe you need a rewatch...?

Maybe I don't, because it's the same shit, different toilet.
Wether he is a vegetable or swordsman Jesus makes little difference because both of those versions of Kirito are equally interesting.

Apr 19, 2022 5:20 AM

Feb 2020
It was filled with filler-ish feeling content including shitty rapey ecchi scenes and fan service fights. Only real good thing was Bercouli and iskann part. Main villan was extremely bland (his side kick obviously much better than him). Especially his fight with kirito was probably one of the most uninteresting fights of sao (even if oberon was the worst character of sao, but his fight with kirito was still more interesting than what we got here)
AdampkApr 19, 2022 5:32 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 19, 2022 5:29 AM

Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
vampirenazuna said:

Wether he is a vegetable or swordsman Jesus makes little difference because both of those versions of Kirito are equally interesting.

what are u talking about. He said it's just 2/3 eps, and that's what it is. The WoU pt 1 gave importance to the other characters. Characters were the main loose point in SAO, and WoU pt1 just worked on that. Ishkan, Alice, Bercouli, Sheyta you see so much developed characters in this season that never happened to SAO before and you just saying it's bad??

And It's only 3eps near the ending where he goes OP, even that was explained in the series. If u hated that it's fine. But it's just 3eps and hating the '2nd half of the show' doesn't quite make sense. As whatever your reason is, it's only confined to a very small ratio out of 47eps.
Apr 19, 2022 5:30 AM
Jul 2021
Its realllllyyyyyy bad the worst season of sao right next to the fairy arc in s1, kirito was overpowered af and the story sucks and asuna was useless thru alicization arc until the last minute and the characters from ordinal scale appear without any reason
Apr 19, 2022 5:42 AM

Jun 2021
I loved Alicization. In my mind, it’s basically a completely different show that utilizes the rules set up by previous SAO seasons.

The hack and slash vibes are heavily entertaining and a lot of the voice acting is fantastic.

PLUS, unpopular opinion, but the fact that Bryce Papenbrook doesn’t talk for 17 episodes is incredible it’s such a fantastic choice because not having to hear him talk makes it so much better.
Apr 19, 2022 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Piromysl said:

what are u talking about. He said it's just 2/3 eps, and that's what it is. The WoU pt 1 gave importance to the other characters. Characters were the main loose point in SAO, and WoU pt1 just worked on that. Ishkan, Alice, Bercouli, Sheyta you see so much developed characters in this season that never happened to SAO before and you just saying it's bad??

And It's only 3eps near the ending where he goes OP, even that was explained in the series. If u hated that it's fine. But it's just 3eps and hating the '2nd half of the show' doesn't quite make sense. As whatever your reason is, it's only confined to a very small ratio out of 47eps.

Once again, I don't care wether Kirito was a vegetable or Jesus. Or wether it is 3, 12 or 24 episodes.
Once Eugio was gone, SAO went full trash once again.
Mostly because it once again became all about Kirito X Asuna ship, which is subjectively the worst part of the series and SAO is actually a decent show when those two aren't cuddling.
Seeing exact same ship with two not developing Mary Sues in it being shoehorned constantly became really stale really fast.
And that's just one reason.

Apr 19, 2022 5:53 AM
Feb 2022
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Piromysl said:

Gotta agree that first half of Alicization was really — not sarcastic — REALLY good. It didn’t even feel like the SAO from Alf–GGO
It was interesting and the plot was actually really intriguing.

But I also agree WotU immediately ruined it. and to your point it’s “only three episodes”…

Darling in the Franxx was completely and utterly ruined by the last 3 episodes. Even a single bad episode can ruin 100+ episodes if it’s that bad.

The plot went haywire, Side characters with less then 5 minutes of screen time had random importance over main characters with hours of built up lore, and the finale went back into the same old ridiculously OP Kirito. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but I much prefer having proper reasons for being OP if the show is trying to take itself seriously. (If it’s comedy no-one gives two hoots but even comedies like OPM or SaikiK actually give somewhat believable reasons to the protagonists abilities)
SolitaryWafflesApr 19, 2022 5:59 AM
Apr 19, 2022 5:55 AM

Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Once again, I don't care wether Kirito was a vegetable or Jesus. Or wether it is 3, 12 or 24 episodes.
Mostly because it once again became all about Kirito X Asuna ship, which is subjectively the worst part of the series and SAO is actually a decent show when those two aren't cuddling.
Seeing exact same ship with two not developing Mary Sues in it being shoehorned constantly became really stale really fast.
Ig it's useless to argue, you are the same mindless generic hater with no strong opinions just babbling the same shits that don't even makes sense. Do you think Just saying Eugeo is dead or generic Mary Sue is strong enough?? Because I don't think without Kirito and Asuna ship the show would be iconic and it will just be generic uninteresting shows like Log Horizon. SAO is different because it have original, unique concepts rather than generic isekais.
Tbf Kirito and Asuna ship is the main reason SAO PROGRESSIVE is soo developed and different than the og series as SAOP worked on the relationship in a better way.

And you just ignored whatever I said about how the side cast got importance and they developed and all and you just said it was full trash. It just feels like you only watched random clips of YT instead of actually watching it.
Apr 19, 2022 5:57 AM

Oct 2020
SolitaryWaffles said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Darling in the Franxx was ruined by 3 episodes….
Then appreciate the show for the good part rather than clinging on the only 3eps of worst part. Because I don't think 3 eps can give enough enjoyment those majority of eps can give.
Apr 19, 2022 5:58 AM

Jul 2015
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Piromysl said:

Ig it's useless to argue, you are the same mindless generic hater with no strong opinions just babbling the same shits that don't even makes sense. Do you think Just saying Eugeo is dead or generic Mary Sue is strong enough?? Because I don't think without Kirito and Asuna ship the show would be iconic and it will just be generic uninteresting shows like Log Horizon. SAO is different because it have original, unique concepts rather than generic isekais.
Tbf Kirito and Asuna ship is the main reason SAO PROGRESSIVE is soo developed and different than the og series as SAOP worked on the relationship in a better way.

And you just ignored whatever I said about how the side cast got importance and they developed and all and you just said it was full trash. It just feels like you only watched random clips of YT instead of actually watching it.

Ye, it's pointless to argue. If you are just going to toss "mindless hater" argument.
Also, I did not watched progressive YET, so there is a chance it will redeem itself.
And without this awful ship SAO might not be so iconic, but definetely would be better.
And I ignored you saying about side characters, because that wasn't my point, nor I criticised them.
Them being decent characters is completely overshadowed by two main leads being awful characters.

Apr 19, 2022 6:00 AM

Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Ye, it's pointless to argue. If you are just going to toss "mindless hater" argument.
Also, I did not watched progressive YET, so there is a chance it will redeem itself.
And without this awful ship SAO might not be so iconic, but definetely would be better.
Read the post before commenting because Sometimes enjoyment is better than betterment.
Apr 19, 2022 6:02 AM

Jul 2015
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Piromysl said:

Read the post before commenting because Sometimes enjoyment is better than betterment.

How many times I have to read it?
How many times I have to repeat myself?

Apr 19, 2022 6:02 AM
Feb 2022
Anayan_Kashyap said:
SolitaryWaffles said:

Darling in the Franxx was ruined by 3 episodes….
Then appreciate the show for the good part rather than clinging on the only 3eps of worst part. Because I don't think 3 eps can give enough enjoyment those majority of eps can give.

Yes it can, and it has many, many times before if it’s that bad. I nearly didn’t continue watching Alicization because of ANOTHER rape scene that went even further then the others, borderline to me nearly switching the TV off then and there because of how uncomfortable it made me.
Apr 19, 2022 6:03 AM

Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

ah U comment before u read the whole thing, that's why in the quote your expanded explanation is missing ๐Ÿ˜‘
Apr 19, 2022 6:05 AM
Feb 2022
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Piromysl said:

… Did you just say SAO is better then Log Horizon? -_- And Log Horizon is generic? WTF

Jul 2015
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Piromysl said:

ah U comment before u read the whole thing, that's why in the quote your expanded explanation is missing ๐Ÿ˜‘

Since SAO fanboy started going emotional, I'd think I rest my case.

Feb 2022
I think the best Sao season is alcization, but they killed Eugeo that season, I got angry. Alcization War is a useless season.
Apr 19, 2022 6:13 AM

Oct 2020
SolitaryWaffles said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Yes it can, and it has many, many times before if it’s that bad. I nearly didn’t continue watching Alicization because of ANOTHER rape scene that went even further then the others, borderline to me nearly switching the TV off then and there because of how uncomfortable it made me.
Oh can you please elaborate what comes to your mind when you watched that?? Because SAO never showed Rape, actually it was sexual assault because those 2 words have slight difference and that's common in many TV shows, mostly movies and even anime. Please don't get me wrong, i just want to know what comes to your mind. Because Rape is not something that should be kept quiet about as it is some real deal women suffering in the real world.
Apr 19, 2022 6:18 AM

Oct 2020
SolitaryWaffles said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

… Did you just say SAO is better then Log Horizon? -_- And Log Horizon is generic? WTF
Oh, Log Horizon s1 was actually better than SAO s1 tbh in terms of character development, world building, good pacing but i am honestly telling, it was really really really boring. I didn't find the side cast well enough, didn't like the MC very much although he was good, the game concept seems to be stolen but i won't say that, the show seems to get slow. It's a TV show, and not real life political situation, so Entertainment is the main thing it should provide. And because of that Entertainment thing, even with much plot holes, SAO is very much popular and people just re-watch it because they find it interesting. And Log Horizon failed to give that enjoyment to me. Btw for that 'better' thing, i have to say better things can give more enjoyment but there are exceptions and SAO is one of them, and you know if you have watched it.
Apr 19, 2022 6:23 AM
Feb 2022
Anayan_Kashyap said:
SolitaryWaffles said:

Oh can you please elaborate what comes to your mind when you watched that?? Because SAO never showed Rape, actually it was sexual assault because those 2 words have slight difference and that's common in many TV shows, mostly movies and even anime. Please don't get me wrong, i just want to know what comes to your mind. Because Rape is not something that should be kept quiet about as it is some real deal women suffering in the real world.

You know what I mean, don’t twist it. It’s obvious that rape is what’s going to happen which is very clearly uncomfortable when this author has written this multiple times into multiples character arcs. In fact every main arc excluding the first (and Rosario) has some type of “sexual assault” scene. That’s what’s uncomfortable.
Apr 19, 2022 6:35 AM
Feb 2022
Anayan_Kashyap said:
SolitaryWaffles said:

Oh, Log Horizon s1 was actually better than SAO s1 tbh in terms of character development, world building, good pacing but i am honestly telling, it was really really really boring. I didn't find the side cast well enough, didn't like the MC very much although he was good, the game concept seems to be stolen but i won't say that, the show seems to get slow. It's a TV show, and not real life political situation, so Entertainment is the main thing it should provide. And because of that Entertainment thing, even with much plot holes, SAO is very much popular and people just re-watch it because they find it interesting. And Log Horizon failed to give that enjoyment to me. Btw for that 'better' thing, i have to say better things can give more enjoyment but there are exceptions and SAO is one of them, and you know if you have watched it.

If you checked my profile, you’ll see I have watched and rated all of SAO and Log Horizon. And while log Horizon is not as flat out entertaining in flashy-ness as SAO, there is a reason it’s one of my select few 10/10 shows and SAO is not (Though Alicization is decently rated because it is quite good) I much rather enjoy the worldbuilding and detailed explanations with tactical fighting that is how it would be played in an actual MMO. It has a large cast that continues to grow but unlike in SAO’s WoTU none of theme ever feel left out or forgotten or straight up random. They all play a role in the story. (At least for the first season and the LN’s, second season is a bit of a dip in quality)

The difference is simply SAO is a power fantasy, and Log Horizon isn’t. They both offer different terms of enjoyment, but in terms of actually rating a show on plot, development, animation(animation is won by SAO clearly) etc Log still easily comes out on top.

But the issue is it’s a power fantasy that is trying to be serious and doesn’t have good exposition or explanation. Something like Overlord works because the entire point is the character is ridiculously strong and overpowered. Or Slime because it’s a comedy (Although slime still has fantastic worldbuilding and explanation) But SAO is supposed to be a bout a “normal” kid who just become OP for literally no reason, and it’s supposed to be a serious show.

TLDR: SAO is a entertaining power romp with flashy animation and a level of badass that is designed to leave an impression on the viewer. But in terms of writing: just no.
SolitaryWafflesApr 19, 2022 6:39 AM
Apr 19, 2022 9:44 AM
Jan 2022
hellowwloll said:
HA20010607 said:

i liked all the seasons of sao, and also that season was amazing

My guy ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Apr 19, 2022 9:47 AM
Oct 2021
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Also you?
Apr 20, 2022 9:19 AM
Jun 2020
Piromysl said:

YESSSSSS RIGHT ON TARGET W TAKE BRO
Apr 21, 2022 10:20 AM
Jun 2021
SAO — Alicization was peak SAO which continued until Kirito came back in his senses and becoming the Jesus who started fighting and flying like a pro for no reason in the same world where he barely won against Quinella lol, don't forget he was on wheelchair and then next moment........... arghh, leave it!!! they ruined the potential they developed and then only good thing happened was bringing Alice in the real world
Jun 20, 2022 1:12 AM

Oct 2018
Because it's sucks? I don't know how the heck Gibreel or that bad guy became overpowered when he just logged his GGO account to the Underworld? I can understand in Kirito's case but the others shouldn't be that weaklings.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
โ€• Natsume Takashi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.