Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2022 4:53 PM
Jan 2021
I recently got a 3 year old trailer for the manga in my YouTube recommended and it really interested me. Now knowing it's gonna get an adaptation I don't know if I should wait or just read it now. I'm not new to reading at all so there wouldn't be any issues, but I don't know if the animation will be better.
SmellyjuneyApr 11, 2022 8:38 PM
Apr 11, 2022 7:05 PM
Apr 2022
Smellyjuney said:
I recently got a 3 year old trailer for the manga and it really interested me. Now knowing it's gonna get an adaptation I don't know if I should wait or just read it now. I'm not new to reading at all so there wouldn't be any issues, but I don't know if the animation will be better.

I'd say read the first volume at least, if only so you have a frame of reference for the visual style the anime is trying to adapt. Asano has a dense, idiosyncratic approach that I doubt the animation studio has the budget to afford not compromising on, so I'd recommend reading the original so you have the context to judge how well it comes across.
Alpamare69Apr 12, 2022 1:48 PM
Apr 11, 2022 11:08 PM
Mar 2021
No way of knowing till it’s out
Apr 12, 2022 1:58 PM
Feb 2021
We don't even know when this might come out, so, probably you should read it if you're interested.
Unless you are one of those people which always prefer animation, reading it should be good
Apr 12, 2022 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Whichever you prefer more.
Apr 17, 2022 10:42 PM

Apr 2017
i think u should read some other works of Inio Asano, if u like his work u should watch the anime
Apr 26, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 2021
Alpamare69 said:
Smellyjuney said:
I recently got a 3 year old trailer for the manga and it really interested me. Now knowing it's gonna get an adaptation I don't know if I should wait or just read it now. I'm not new to reading at all so there wouldn't be any issues, but I don't know if the animation will be better.

I'd say read the first volume at least, if only so you have a frame of reference for the visual style the anime is trying to adapt. Asano has a dense, idiosyncratic approach that I doubt the animation studio has the budget to afford not compromising on, so I'd recommend reading the original so you have the context to judge how well it comes across.

The book store near me had the first volume so I coped it and it goes crazy. The art is amazing!
Sep 7, 2023 3:59 AM

Dec 2009
Always consume to the original source first. Adaptations are rarely fully faithful or better.

Most are rushed or fail to compliment the original properly.
If not, they're disappointing and/or lackluster.

I don't think a two part movie could cover 100 chapters either.
Sep 7, 2023 4:02 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to waalex11
Always consume to the original source first. Adaptations are rarely fully faithful or better.

@waalex11 it’s been more than a year since I’ve posted this and I now have a job so I plan to just buy the volumes because I’ve been enjoying it so far: 🫡
Sep 7, 2023 4:02 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to waalex11

@waalex11 it’s been more than a year since I’ve posted this and I now have a job so I plan to just buy the volumes because I’ve been enjoying it so far: 🫡
Sep 24, 2023 6:16 AM

Aug 2015
Reply to Alpamare69
Smellyjuney said:

@Alpamare69 thats the reason for movie format.
Oct 26, 2023 7:42 PM
Jan 2009
all of inio asano's manga are worth reading and they have incredible artwork and flow to them. i'm not entirely convinced that it can be totally captured or replicated in an anime, and anime producers probably feel the same, which is why none of his works have been adapted until now

More topics from this board

» So, I am a little confused

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Jun 4

9 by patros36 »»
Aug 4, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction Episode 2 Discussion

deguy - May 27

1 by Behzadtv »»
Jul 7, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction Episode 1 Discussion

kakyoin - Mar 22

9 by Zawia07 »»
Jun 27, 6:47 PM

» Dead Dead Demons Deeded Destruction Movie 2 Discussion

neromxxn - May 24

3 by deguy »»
May 27, 2:20 AM

» 18 episode series announced

Runasius - May 20

14 by GeoXsf9 »»
May 24, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.