Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 10:19 AM
evil egg

Nov 2009
what an absolute treat for the first animated adaptation of inio asano's work! I had high expectations and it didn't let me down. they did a fantastic job of preserving his strange but charming art style and brought these characters perfectly to life. the sound design for the intruders' ship and language really struck a chord with me. also ontan's VA was so amazing I can't believe it's her first role (゚д゚)!
Mar 22, 1:40 PM
Jan 2022
is this released for streaming or is it in japanese theaters only?
Mar 22, 1:42 PM
Jul 2022
Where did you watch it?
Mar 22, 2:15 PM

Apr 2016
How many volumes were adapted?
Mar 22, 3:38 PM
Dec 2020
tenmeis said:
what an absolute treat for the first animated adaptation of inio asano's work! I had high expectations and it didn't let me down. they did a fantastic job of preserving his strange but charming art style and brought these characters perfectly to life. the sound design for the intruders' ship and language really struck a chord with me. also ontan's VA was so amazing I can't believe it's her first role (゚д゚)!

where did you watch?
Mar 22, 4:12 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to tenmeis
@tenmeis where did you watch!! please tell ૮๑ˊᯅˋ๑ა
Mar 22, 6:17 PM
Dec 2020
tenmeis said:

please tell us where you watched!! i’ve been looking forward to this for months cause the manga is just so incredible. to think the first of inio asano’s works is being adapted well makes me so excited :3
Mar 22, 6:17 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to strawbcustard
@tenmeis where did you watch!! please tell ૮๑ˊᯅˋ๑ა
@strawbcustard
I think he probably saw the movie in Japan.
The movie's release date is March 22nd.
Mar 22, 6:43 PM
evil egg

Nov 2009
in the cinema it came out yesterday!
Mar 22, 6:52 PM
evil egg

Nov 2009
Kampos said:

I'm not sure exactly because I don't remember what happens in each volume, but it went right up to the end of the "flashback" and just before the girls enter university
Mar 22, 8:17 PM

Apr 2016
tenmeis said:
Kampos said:

I'm not sure exactly because I don't remember what happens in each volume, but it went right up to the end of the "flashback" and just before the girls enter university

uhh really? I think that's less than 4 volumes then... I'm worried about the pacing now
Mar 22, 8:18 PM
evil egg

Nov 2009
Kampos said:
tenmeis said:

uhh really? I think that's less than 4 volumes then... I'm worried about the pacing now

relax, it was good!
Mar 22, 8:19 PM

Apr 2016
tenmeis said:
Kampos said:

relax, it was good!

I mean for the second movie, there are 12 volumes in total
Mar 22, 8:20 PM
evil egg

Nov 2009
Kampos said:
tenmeis said:

relax, it was good!

there's no way to know what will happen! (*´∀`*) there may be even more after..or a show..who knows..💃🏽🌈
Mar 22, 8:22 PM

Apr 2016
tenmeis said:
Kampos said:

there's no way to know what will happen! (*´∀`*) there may be even more after..or a show..who knows..💃🏽🌈

If the second movie stops at the end of the volume 6 and then they announce 2 more films it would actually be great
Mar 22, 8:23 PM
evil egg

Nov 2009
Kampos said:
tenmeis said:

If the second movie stops at the end of the volume 6 and then they announce 2 more films it would actually be great

that would be cool but I wonder if that kind of funding is possible..everyone make sure you buy the dvds !!!!!!
Mar 24, 5:02 AM
Mar 2021
does anyone know when it may get a UK or USA realise?
Mar 25, 6:15 AM
Nov 2018
I saw this at the theater over the weekend, and it seems pretty different from the manga... a lot of the scenes are pretty much the same but rearranged, and there were also some scenes I don't remember from the manga at all. According to Inio Asano's comment on the official website, the world has changed since he started writing it so the original story won't be told again (原作ではもう物語が語られることはありません). They delayed the release date of the second part, so I wonder how different it will be?

Anyway, I feel it captured the atmosphere of the manga well, even if it's a little bit different. If you like SF, mecha, slice of life, or the other works of Inio Asano, it's an easy recommend. The voice acting, music, CG, and traditional animation were all pretty much great, imho. Someone fell asleep and started snoring in the theater, but I think it was just because it was early in the morning and rainy, not boredom. Let's hope for a quick overseas release!
Mar 25, 6:23 AM
evil egg

Nov 2009
sunknell said:
I saw this at the theater over the weekend, and it seems pretty different from the manga... a lot of the scenes are pretty much the same but rearranged, and there were also some scenes I don't remember from the manga at all. According to Inio Asano's comment on the official website, the world has changed since he started writing it so the original story won't be told again (原作ではもう物語が語られることはありません). They delayed the release date of the second part, so I wonder how different it will be?

Anyway, I feel it captured the atmosphere of the manga well, even if it's a little bit different. If you like SF, mecha, slice of life, or the other works of Inio Asano, it's an easy recommend. The voice acting, music, CG, and traditional animation were all pretty much great, imho. Someone fell asleep and started snoring in the theater, but I think it was just because it was early in the morning and rainy, not boredom. Let's hope for a quick overseas release!

I don't think I've seen a film at the cinema here where someone DIDN'T fall asleep 😂
Mar 26, 3:52 AM
Dec 2018
Anyone knows when this will be available anywhere else than theaters,
Mar 27, 7:07 AM

May 2016
Started pretty werdly. But finally I really enjoyed the show.

Ano is pretty funny, but weird, and I was a bit worried by her capacity to voice the MC, cause she usually has a monotonous voice. Finally she did it pretty well (at playing herself)

I thought it was an original animation film, but it seems just that I never noticed the presence of the manga, cause I just saw it at the library, few hours later.

I think i'm gonna rewatch it, before the release of the 2nd part, in May.

maybe a temporary 7.5-8/10
YurisuMar 27, 7:30 AM
beware of crappy engrish
Mar 29, 1:55 PM

Dec 2017
I'm looking forward to a western release. Theaters, CR or netflix pleaaase.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 8:51 AM

Feb 2008
Saw this tonight at the local theatre. I haven't read the manga and I don't think I saw the trailer in the theatre the times I went to watch Dune Part Two and Oppenheimver (the latter opened here on March 29th). So I went in cold with no information on the title aside from what little I found on Wikipedia.

Nonetheless, this movie was just chugging along at an okay level for me until the last third. Then the thing got turned up more than a few notches. The last scene had me going "Now, I HAVE to see the next chapter!".

Not knowing the source material, I found some of the character designs a bit "quirky" compared to the overall look of the movie. The two main characters were engaging and the supporting cast were interesting too. Though I did get a bit lost trying to keep track of some of the minor characters.

All in all, this is one left one of the stronger impressions on me out of the anime movies I've seen in the post corona period. I might go see it again once we get closer to the release of the second part.

An aside.... One odd thing about AEON Cinema; one can't plan on watching a movie on Monday based on Sunday showtimes. They change showtimes on Mondays. In this case this one was playing in the afternoon over last weekend and got moved to a 7pm showtime today.

More topics from this board

» Music Released Today

DreamerNeverDies - Mar 19

5 by DreamerNeverDies »»
Mar 19, 10:07 AM

» Animation sneak peek

nicoxas - Mar 18

0 by nicoxas »»
Mar 18, 7:57 PM

» Will 2 movies be enough?

Tishues - Jan 11

7 by nicoxas »»
Mar 18, 7:43 PM

» Studio and asano illustration

shivamrajput958 - Mar 22, 2022

8 by Zimzky »»
Mar 16, 9:49 AM

» Anyone?

misterinfoman - Apr 21, 2022

4 by SephirothCereal »»
Mar 12, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.