it better not be
also better have a good director
Read the visual novel nerd
Apr 11, 2022 12:33 PM
Jun 2021
tsukihime anime when? 🥸
Apr 11, 2022 1:37 PM
Sep 2020
are there no news about how many movies it will be or anything??
Apr 11, 2022 2:08 PM

Dec 2015
jacksonmason said:
Not as far as I've heard. Granted HF's movie adaptation was announced in 2014, and it wasn't until 2016 that we were told it'd be 3 movies. So it might be a while till we're told here too.

SpiritzSZN said:
animated by ufotable?
Yeah
Sir-CApr 11, 2022 2:34 PM

Apr 11, 2022 2:32 PM
Nov 2021
animated by ufotable?
Apr 11, 2022 5:21 PM
Sep 2020
Sir-C said:
jacksonmason said:
Not as far as I've heard. Granted HF's movie adaptation was announced in 2014, and it wasn't until 2016 that we were told it'd be 3 movies. So it might be a while till we're told here too.

SpiritzSZN said:
animated by ufotable?
Yeah
I'll take your words for it dude, just hoping that they will do good job with it, it needs to be 3-4 movies to have a good adaptation at least.
Apr 11, 2022 11:21 PM

Feb 2014
Ufotable and Type Moon have the money to stretch this into 3 movies. The HF movies did well for them, not to mention KnK, so I think they’ll want to do another trilogy. One movie seems like a waste.

Type Moon seems like they are now more willing to push some of their niche Nasuverse series, so I can see it being a trilogy for that reason as well.
Apr 16, 2022 12:40 PM

Jan 2009
ye hopefully its a movie trilogy
Oct 13, 2022 7:05 AM

Apr 2019
Only anime that has the potential to break in my t10 fr
Nov 16, 2022 8:10 PM

Oct 2019
LoomyTheBrew said:
Ufotable and Type Moon have the money to stretch this into 3 movies. The HF movies did well for them, not to mention KnK, so I think they’ll want to do another trilogy. One movie seems like a waste.

Type Moon seems like they are now more willing to push some of their niche Nasuverse series, so I can see it being a trilogy for that reason as well.

idk why u mention Ufo and Typemoon when the one who produce this Movie is Aniplex

Back when Kara no kyokai release. The main reason it can have 7 movie because Aniplex financial. and after that they become a great partner as u can see Fate series and Demon slayer.

LanceKelzNov 16, 2022 8:16 PM
Nov 20, 2022 10:26 AM
Oct 2018
LanceKelz said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

idk why u mention Ufo and Typemoon when the one who produce this Movie is Aniplex

Back when Kara no kyokai release. The main reason it can have 7 movie because Aniplex financial. and after that they become a great partner as u can see Fate series and Demon slayer.

Aniplex might be the one putting more money into it, but they're not the only producer, ufotable is a producer for all their animes and TYPE-MOON is a producer for every adaption of their works.
Thiago9Nov 20, 2022 10:32 AM
Nov 22, 2022 4:12 PM

Jan 2019
ThiagoFDST said:
LanceKelz said:

Aniplex might be the one putting more money into it, but they're not the only producer,  ufotable is a producer for all their animes and TYPE-MOON is a producer for every adaption of their works.
That is correct, but Aniplex is always at the top of the production committee, as they are the ones that invest the most. That means Aniplex has always the final word on everything regarding pre-production (it also includes schedule, deadline, format and number of episodes or movies). The rest of the committee can influence and give ideas and opinions, but in the end it's Aniplex's decision whether to listen or not.
Karnox001Dec 28, 2022 7:58 AM
Dec 11, 2022 5:02 AM

Jan 2020
Hope I'm alive and well by the time this anime airs.
Dec 16, 2022 8:51 AM

Jul 2020
Man, sorry to break it to you guys but they are not going to make 10 movies to adapt the 30 hours or so of the VN, ok? Fate fans always sh*t on the anime adaptations because they didn't put every single line of dialogue from the VN in. This movie hasn't come out yet but there's already people complaining that it's not going to be a trilogy, and even if it was people would still shit on it just like they did with Heaven's Feel.

One movie is fine for adapting all of Mahoyo, it's totally fine if one or another SoL scene is taken out, not everything will be adapted completely but I'm sure it's going to be f*cking amazing. I cannot wait for this movie to come out.
Dec 27, 2022 3:49 PM

Feb 2014
I was initially worried because I thought Mahoyo was like 60 hours similar to F/SN, but it's actually closer to 20 hours. So one movie might actually be fine. I have the physical release of Mahoyo on pre-order so I don't know for sure, but I hear the VN is told almost like if it were a tv show or movie, so it'll probably be easier to adapt than F/SN.

Btw I loved the HF movies, I thought they did a great adaptation with the limited time they had. 
Dec 28, 2022 7:54 AM

Jan 2019
LoomyTheBrew said:
I was initially worried because I thought Mahoyo was like 60 hours similar to F/SN, but it's actually closer to 20 hours. So one movie might actually be fine. I have the physical release of Mahoyo on pre-order so I don't know for sure, but I hear the VN is told almost like if it were a tv show or movie, so it'll probably be easier to adapt than F/SN.

Btw I loved the HF movies, I thought they did a great adaptation with the limited time they had. 
One leak says it's going to be a trilogy, I don't know if the guy is realiable, but I always thought that 2 movies would fit the best. First one up to chap 5-II and the second one from 6 to 13. Also yeah Mahoyo doesn't have VN narrative/structure, it's pretty much a LN with images and sound (after all it's a remake of the original 1996 LN), so it should have less exposition than F/sn. Anyway we will see in 3 days.

Dec 30, 2022 5:17 AM

May 2022
Karnox001 said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

One leak says it's going to be a trilogy, I don't know if the guy is realiable, but I always thought that 2 movies would fit the best. First one up to chap 5-II and the second one from 6 to 13. Also yeah Mahoyo doesn't have VN narrative/structure, it's pretty much a LN with images and sound (after all it's a remake of the original 1996 LN), so it should have less exposition than F/sn. Anyway we will see in 3 days.

Why in 3 days? What's gonna happen tomorow? I didn't see any new information about mahoyo.
Dec 30, 2022 7:03 AM

Jan 2019
Rocknblock said:
Why in 3 days? What's gonna happen tomorow? I didn't see any new information about mahoyo.

Every December 31st there's a Type-Moon stream called "Fate Project" where they announce new adaptations, release new PVs and info and sometimes even a special episode of something. Examples are; Babylonia's ep 0, Lord El-Melloi ep 0 and the Tokubetsu Hen special that aired last year and the postponed ep 0 of Fate/strange Fake.

So, with the first Mahoyo movie releasing in less than a year, it is the perfect time to release a bunch of new info. It's likely that we will get a KV, staff list, number of movies and probably a PV. Another reason is that HF1 had its first proper PV in a Fate Project and the movie released later in October 14th, so it's a very similar situation.

There's also the possibilty that they will announce the rumored F/GO Shimousa adaptation, which basically leads into the Lostbelts. We will see in 22 hours.
Dec 30, 2022 1:38 PM

May 2022
Karnox001 said:
Rocknblock said:

Every December 31st there's a Type-Moon stream called "Fate Project" where they announce new adaptations, release new PVs and info and sometimes even a special episode of something. Examples are; Babylonia's ep 0, Lord El-Melloi ep 0 and the Tokubetsu Hen special that aired last year and the postponed ep 0 of Fate/strange Fake.

So, with the first Mahoyo movie releasing in less than a year, it is the perfect time to release a bunch of new info. It's likely that we will get a KV, staff list, number of movies and probably a PV. Another reason is that HF1 had its first proper PV in a Fate Project and the movie released later in October 14th, so it's a very similar situation.

There's also the possibilty that they will announce the rumored F/GO Shimousa adaptation, which basically leads into the Lostbelts. We will see in 22 hours.
Ok thanks for the reply! Is the stream in japanese or is there a way to watch it dubbed?
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

Jan 2019
Rocknblock said:
Ok thanks for the reply! Is the stream in japanese or is there a way to watch it dubbed?
It's probably just japanese.
Dec 31, 2022 6:58 AM

Jan 2019
Karnox001 said:
There's also the possibilty that they will announce the rumored F/GO Shimousa adaptation
Fuck my life ffs...

Edit: I learned that Aniplex changed their policy about PVs and info releases in back 2019. They used to show the first PV 1 year before the release of the product, but it was changed to 6-7 months, so if the movie releases in December, don't expect any info or PV until May or June. 
Karnox001Feb 25, 2023 6:01 PM
Jan 1, 2023 11:23 AM

May 2022
Karnox001 said:
Karnox001 said:
There's also the possibilty that they will announce the rumored F/GO Shimousa adaptation
Fuck my life ffs...
yep. Looks like they don't care... i'm pretty upset about the lack of communication from ufotable
Jan 1, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2019
Rocknblock said:
yep. Looks like they don't care... i'm pretty upset about the lack of communication from ufotable
Ufotable and Type-Moon have nothing to do with that. It's Aniplex the ones that decide when to release info. Next big date is the Anime Japan, from March 25th to 28th.

Edit: I learned that Aniplex changed their policy about PVs and info releases in back 2019. They used to show the first PV 1 year before the release of the product, but it was changed to 6-7 months, so if the movie releases in December, don't expect any info or PV until May or June. 
Karnox001Feb 25, 2023 5:59 PM
Apr 4, 2023 5:17 AM

Jul 2016
i don't mind if it's a trilogy or a single movie, i think it'll be an amazing one though. really excited to see it when it drops.
Apr 24, 2023 7:57 PM

Jan 2021
Atlas_Alter said:
Man, sorry to break it to you guys but they are not going to make 10 movies to adapt the 30 hours or so of the VN, ok? Fate fans always sh*t on the anime adaptations because they didn't put every single line of dialogue from the VN in. This movie hasn't come out yet but there's already people complaining that it's not going to be a trilogy, and even if it was people would still shit on it just like they did with Heaven's Feel.

One movie is fine for adapting all of Mahoyo, it's totally fine if one or another SoL scene is taken out, not everything will be adapted completely but I'm sure it's going to be f*cking amazing. I cannot wait for this movie to come out.

i know im a couple months late to this
vn fans dont shit on it be because they dont include every line of dialogue, but because they are not doing the characters justice, even a couple monologues wouldve been good.

mahoyo being 1 movie is gonna be the exact same problem as the ubw movie lol
it really needs at least 2 to 3 movies
Read the visual novel nerd
Apr 26, 2023 4:31 PM

Aug 2011
Jul 25, 2023 4:14 PM

Jan 2019
Important note about this. It was never officially confirmed to be released in 2023, it's just that Nasu said that they were aiming for a late 2023 date, but as production progresses that can easily turn into January or Frebruary, just like HF2, and out of the three that one had the most polished release (based on the number of Blu-Ray fixes), just in case someone thought that means worse production.
Sep 11, 2023 3:17 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Ufotable telling lies again, we won't see it till next summer

Sep 11, 2023 9:21 PM

Aug 2020
Peak will be peak. I'm excited for this movie.

Sep 15, 2023 2:46 PM
Jun 2023
Here I am still hoping we'll get an adaptation with proper pacing, Mahoyo is too long for a single feature-lenght movie even if you make a bunch of cuts it would either have to rush a lot of the character development (which is a large portion of the VN) or they'll end up releasing an anthology - then again they might as well go all the way to the theme park chapter and completely stop there as a middle-finger to anime-onlies.
Sep 18, 2023 6:52 AM

May 2022
Still waiting for news about this supposedly late 2023 release...
Sep 19, 2023 3:56 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to trinitroglycerin
Still waiting for news about this supposedly late 2023 release...
Rocknblock said:
Still waiting for news about this supposedly late 2023 release..

Same bro, I haven't read the novel but I'm still exited for this nasuverse work, I suppose this will test our patience, but not a single word is kinda sad, hope there's some info on december, that's the only event that may give us something
Sep 21, 2023 12:49 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Blueckot
Rocknblock said:
Still waiting for news about this supposedly late 2023 release..

Same bro, I haven't read the novel but I'm still exited for this nasuverse work, I suppose this will test our patience, but not a single word is kinda sad, hope there's some info on december, that's the only event that may give us something
@Blueckot Novel would be worth reading in the meantime its great and its officially translated so its pretty accessible.
Sep 21, 2023 1:01 PM

May 2022
Reply to Syrian187
@Blueckot Novel would be worth reading in the meantime its great and its officially translated so its pretty accessible.
@Syrian187 I already played the vn. Is there more informations in the novel?
Sep 21, 2023 3:15 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to trinitroglycerin
@Syrian187 I already played the vn. Is there more informations in the novel?
@Rocknblock sorry, I haven't played the vn either, I just know the names of some characters
Sep 21, 2023 3:18 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Syrian187
@Syrian187 I prefer to watch the movie before so I don't have any info or basicaly spoilers, but do you recommend to read it or play it still?
Sep 21, 2023 3:58 PM

Oct 2022
Oh the VN is the Novel lol not sure why on mal its listed as a novel so if you read the VN you are good.
Sep 21, 2023 4:00 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Blueckot
@Syrian187 I prefer to watch the movie before so I don't have any info or basicaly spoilers, but do you recommend to read it or play it still?
@Blueckot I think thats a preference thing. I think you'll have more context for when you watch the movie if you read it first but i could see it either way for me I'm glad I read it first because I know I'll enjoy it just for seeing certain things animated regardless of how good the adaption itself may end up.
Sep 21, 2023 10:02 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Syrian187
@Blueckot I think thats a preference thing. I think you'll have more context for when you watch the movie if you read it first but i could see it either way for me I'm glad I read it first because I know I'll enjoy it just for seeing certain things animated regardless of how good the adaption itself may end up.
@Syrian187 thanks for the info!! Maybe I'll read the first chapters or something like that, again thanks c:
Sep 21, 2023 10:24 PM

Jan 2017
Syrian187 said:
not sure why on mal its listed as a novel so if you read the VN you are good.

There is also a Light Novel.

However , it never was publicly released , and the MAL's entry contains several errors...
No idea why it's here , maybe someone who confused Light Novel with Visual Novel , and a mods didn't realized.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 22, 2023 10:16 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to Alexioos95
Syrian187 said:

However , it never was publicly released , and the MAL's entry contains several errors...
No idea why it's here , maybe someone who confused Light Novel with Visual Novel , and a mods didn't realized.
@Alexioos95 Yea actually I'm not sure why i didn't think of it that way but I did know the original work was an LN sometime in the 90's but probably like you said since its not available in that format I kind of just forgot lol.
Sep 25, 2023 1:17 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Alexioos95
Syrian187 said:

Alexioos95 said:

@Alexioos95 MAL has a lot of entries that aren't available anywhere and/or are plain wrong, one TM-related example would be Fate/Zero Cafe which only ever aired in Japanese theaters and apparently was marked as a single 30 seconds episode for years because whoever made the page thought the PV was the actual thing, although it isn't a perfect example since Fate/Zero Cafe does exist but you just can't watch it anywhere.
Sep 25, 2023 1:25 PM

Jan 2017
infamousHeroic said:
although it isn't a perfect example since Fate/Zero Cafe does exist but you just can't watch it anywhere.

That difference is extremely important.

Even if Fate/Zero Café was not available after its initial screening , it's a fact that it do exist and was officially and publicly screened.
Meanwhile , Mahoutsukai no Yoru is a Novel that never even got officially published (which is one of the most important condition to be added into the database). I think the only thing we know about what's written inside the book is one of the excerpt that was uploaded on the site of Type-Moon.

But yeah , the database in not perfect.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 11, 2023 9:41 AM

May 2022
Still nothing...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Still Hyped!

trinitroglycerin - Mar 19

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
11 hours ago

» VOICE ACTOR!

StevieRara - Feb 3

6 by Zero01guard »»
Feb 15, 12:37 AM

» WHERE IS IT ( 1 2 )

IcyAvalanche - Nov 26, 2023

56 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jan 28, 5:24 AM

» (Finally) new trailer ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Dec 31, 2023

86 by Blueckot »»
Jan 11, 9:19 PM

Poll: » On a spectrum from Fate to Kara no Kyoukai, where would this lie?

removed-user - Jan 1

12 by trinitroglycerin »»
Jan 11, 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.