Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 13, 2022 10:26 PM
Sep 2021
Are you implying that the people of paradis have a greater right to live than those living outside the walls? Despite the fact that both groups are victims of war.

I'm not even gonna beat around the bush anymore.

If you're this deep into the story and still look at it through an "Us" Vs "Them" lens, you're an embarrassment.

I understand not liking the plot armour, I understand thinking the pacing is clanky, I understand disliking the sudden change in pace, but I'll never understand being mad at the alliance for not wanting people to die. Especially considering the fact that Paradis is safe for atleast a century by this point.

Edit- I'm not neccessarily saying you *should* like the alliance, nor am I saying you should dislike the yeagerists.

All I'm saying is why hold such a narrow-minded outlook on the show. Both sides are just fighting for what they believe is correct. As simple as that.
AlphonaeMar 13, 2022 10:55 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 13, 2022 10:27 PM

Jun 2013
I hate the alliance
Mar 13, 2022 10:30 PM

Sep 2020
ultragabriel said:
I hate the alliance

I like the alliance
Mar 13, 2022 10:38 PM

Nov 2021
Plot armour? pacing? Sudden change in pace? What??? You should have just said that alliance isn't wrong according to you.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Mar 13, 2022 10:39 PM
Dec 2021
ultragabriel said:
I hate the alliance

meeeeeee toooooooooo
@animeispeace
Mar 13, 2022 10:40 PM

Nov 2020
Dude those who say Alliance is bad, just means Scouts were bad, ignorant, stupid. And this is a sign to not heed those who quite literally don't care about the journey we followed for 3 seasons. Especially since they have plan lol.
CamelBowMar 14, 2022 10:52 PM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Mar 13, 2022 10:42 PM

Feb 2022
Alphonae said:
Are you implying that the people of paradis have a greater right to live than those living outside the walls? Despite the fact that both groups are victims of war.

If you're this deep into the story and still look at it through an "Us" Vs "Them" lens, you're an embarrassment.

I understand not liking the plot armour, I understand thinking the pacing is clanky, I understand disliking the sudden change in pace, but I'll never understand being mad at the alliance for not wanting people to die. Especially considering the fact that Paradis is safe for atleast a century by this point.

Edit- I'm not neccessarily saying you *should* like the alliance, nor am I saying you should dislike the yeagerists.

All I'm saying is why such a narrow-minded outlook on the show.

when chapter 139.5 will get adaptation in anime then you will realise why people hate this brain-dead alliance...

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Mar 13, 2022 10:46 PM
Jan 2021
I mean both are wrong? The counter-argument would be is it any better to euthanize a whole race/people group? Both are wrong of course but I still want Eren to win because it fits the narrative of the show imo.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 13, 2022 10:47 PM

Jul 2015
alliance is basically made up of people who betrayed their own people.. and that's about it..

They are traitors killing their own people because they consider their own people to be of less value than of others..
Mar 13, 2022 10:51 PM
Sep 2021
Harshmyanimelist said:
Alphonae said:

All I'm saying is why such a narrow-minded outlook on the show.

when chapter 139.5 will get adaptation in anime then you will realise why people hate this brain-dead alliance...

I have read the manga and know full well what happens by the end. But it would have happened sooner or later anyways.
Since you love quoting the series, let me remind you of another quote.

"Humanity will keep fighting itself until it's down to one man or less."
- Erwin

"The world would just become a smaller battlefield."
- Kiyomi

"The curse of the titans might push the Island to fight itself for another 2000 years."
-Armin

"You cannot take violence violence away from people."
-Yelena

How much more spoon feeding should the series do?
Mar 13, 2022 10:53 PM
Sep 2021
UkRs said:
alliance is basically made up of people who betrayed their own people.. and that's about it..

They are traitors killing their own people because they consider their own people to be of less value than of others..

>If you're this deep into the story and still look at it through an "Us" Vs "Them" lens, you're an embarrassment.

You didn't even read the damn post did you?
Mar 13, 2022 10:53 PM

Nov 2021
the words you're using are a bit harsh and that'll prove the alliance haters right
but anyways i would say it's not about opinion anymore it's more like ideals
those who clearly understand the theme of the story (children of the forest) would never support genocide but there are people who think AOT is some revenge thriller
and why do they think so....well even if I'm one of the greatest fan of isayama I would say it's his fault , not completely but at some point in his writing he went tooo complex and ignored even kids watch this show (I'm not calling yaegrist kids)
but even matured one's couldn't understand it and they came up with slangs like "cringvengers" it's like for them saving innocent people's lives is CRINGE

Mar 13, 2022 11:01 PM
Jan 2021
UkRs said:

That’s not necessarily true. I mean the yaegarists started killing civilians and others that were not sure what to do, so they betrayed everybody first.

Plus, the Alliance is fighting for what they believe in and so are the yaegarists, I don’t think they are devaluing lives necessarily. It’s difference in perspective
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 13, 2022 11:02 PM
Jan 2021
Alphonae said:

All I'm saying is why hold such a narrow-minded outlook on the show. Both sides are just fighting for what they believe is correct. As simple as that.
simple because alliance are delusional. Alliance are not fighting for humanity. They are fighting for only majority of humans. They are doing something which will make everyone in Paradis be in danger. That's the difference between scouts and alliance. Scouts fight for humanity, alliance don't.
Mar 13, 2022 11:12 PM
May 2021
I hate the alliance bruh. Just let eren do what he wants. There is no benefit for Armin, mikasa and all from stopping eren. For this mission they had to kill their own companions in current episode. Idc about the strangers and outsiders, let them die, no one cares.
Mar 13, 2022 11:13 PM

Jul 2015
Alphonae said:

>If you're this deep into the story and still look at it through an "Us" Vs "Them" lens, you're an embarrassment.

The whole premise of the show is to elevate how both sides have their rights and wrong and its left upto the viewer to pick a side or not.. and I Picked the Yeagerist side..

official_brown said:

That’s not necessarily true. I mean the yaegarists started killing civilians and others that were not sure what to do, so they betrayed everybody first.

Plus, the Alliance is fighting for what they believe in and so are the yaegarists, I don’t think they are devaluing lives necessarily. It’s difference in perspective

Its more like this.. I would rather have my own people fight and kill each other then others do it to my people... I don't hate Annie or any Marlyen tbh.. they view Eldia as enemies to their own people so they have every right to stop the rumbling...

but Mikasa and other cadets killing their own people cuz it will save faraway people is straight up being a traitor to their own people.. even in the episode.. The Floch and the Yeagerist did not wanted to kill or hurt Connie and Armin but wanted to believe in them but got betrayed and killed..

There is not a single philosophy which can prove that killing your own people just to save others is not a sociopathic Traitorous trait resulting in demise of one's own race..

Floch and yaegerist killing the opposition in their own people is a common norm which takes place all around the like Martial Law or Coup d'état
Mar 13, 2022 11:18 PM

Jan 2022
Harshmyanimelist said:

I would love to see the reaction of alliance lovers
"Stop beating your meat all day long and touch some grass" - Ken Kaneki or anyone idk

Mar 13, 2022 11:19 PM
Dec 2019
Tha plot armour is wayyyy to big(We all knew what was going to happen in episode 85) That’s the most annoying thing of the Alliance.
There’s another criticism
They would kill people (not to mention their people) to save their idealism of humanity. They are not better than Eren in this point. He also wants to kill people to save his idealism of humanity. That’s why their arguments aren’t that well written.
Mar 13, 2022 11:20 PM
Sep 2021
UkRs said:
Alphonae said:

The whole premise of the show is to elevate how both sides have their rights and wrong and its left upto the viewer to pick a side or not.. and I Picked the Yeagerist side..

official_brown said:

Its more like this.. I would rather have my own people fight and kill each other then others do it to my people... I don't hate Annie or any Marlyen tbh.. they view Eldia as enemies to their own people so they have every right to stop the rumbling...

but Mikasa and other cadets killing their own people cuz it will save faraway people is straight up being a traitor to their own people.. even in the episode.. The Floch and the Yeagerist did not wanted to kill or hurt Connie and Armin but wanted to believe in them but got betrayed and killed..

There is not a single philosophy which can prove that killing your own people just to save others is not a sociopathic Traitorous trait resulting in demise of one's own race..

Floch and yaegerist killing the opposition in their own people is a common norm which takes place all around the like Martial Law or Coup d'état

Fair enough. And I understand if you like the yeagerists. All I'm saying is the Alliance aren't neccessarily bad people either.
Mar 13, 2022 11:25 PM

Jan 2022
Alphonae said:

I have read the manga and know full well what happens by the end. But it would have happened sooner or later anyways.

- Erwin

- Kiyomi

"The curse of the titans might push the Island to fight itself for another 2000 years."
-Armin

-Yelena

You are right about that. But no civil war is gonna cause a whole race to cease to exist. But the outside world invading the island and pillaging it for resources is definitely gonna coz every civilian of paradis to die. In short a paradisan civil war is gonna be far far better than the outsiders commiting a genocide on the island.
"Stop beating your meat all day long and touch some grass" - Ken Kaneki or anyone idk

Mar 13, 2022 11:30 PM
Sep 2021
Alphonae said:

Ignore them. They’re a bunch of edgelords. Imagine needing an explanation as to why genocide is bad
Mar 13, 2022 11:32 PM

Apr 2021
Zprotu said:
ultragabriel said:
I hate the alliance

I like the alliance

I hate the alliance.
Biggest bunch of clowns
I love Monogatari Series
Mar 13, 2022 11:35 PM

Apr 2021
People who like the alliance are the people who'll most likely stab their own army in the back if they're at a war with another nation because "War Bad"
I love Monogatari Series
Mar 13, 2022 11:36 PM
Dec 2019
If the alliance only contained of Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Connie and some other scouts I would have liked it.
Mar 13, 2022 11:37 PM

Jul 2015
VeryGhoul said:

Ignore them. They’re a bunch of edgelords. Imagine needing an explanation as to why genocide is bad

Call me an edgelord but I'll gladly commit a genocide if it saves my people.. ain't no way in hell am I gonna let my people die just just cuz it makes other people happy..
considering that those other people have already massacred 1/3 of my population.. I ain't gonna take any chance to "negotiate" with them..
Mar 13, 2022 11:38 PM

Jan 2021
I like what the Alliance is trying to do, but I had 2 problems with them
1.) The way they were assembled was VERY off-putting, which made it harder to root for them.

2.) The tone, which had been extremely dark and cynical just a few episodes ago, was suddenly flipped on its ass and became this weird shonen-ey thing. Especially after the edge-fest that was S4P1. There's a word for it: Inconsistency.
Mar 13, 2022 11:57 PM
Jul 2021
Alphonae said:

I hate the alliance and that's my choice Idc about what others think
Mar 13, 2022 11:58 PM

Feb 2022
Alphonae said:
Harshmyanimelist said:

- Erwin

- Kiyomi

-Armin

-Yelena

I am not defending genocide here of course genocide is bad no matter what killing innocent people is always bad....

yeah there might be a chance of civil war....all that stuff okay..

but it is very complicated....if we think it from a prespective of a man who is not living in paradis island of couse this alliance is good for him....they are saving humanity..they are saving innocent people.....

but if we think it from prespective of a man who is living in paradis island what he get
so a alliance is formed from paradis island people & eldian people to save those who destroyed there wall(episode 1) and where innocent people of paradis island were killed....

they are saving those who were planing to destroy paradis island (Willy tybur speech & gobal alliance )

they are saving those who droved eldian people from mainland hundred years ago and treating left eldian people as their slaves

so it is very complicated...

So from pradis island prespective what Eren friends are doing is "If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also"
GreyratAnimelistMar 14, 2022 7:29 AM

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Mar 14, 2022 1:09 AM

Jan 2020
The majority of people who hate the alliance see them as traitors who kill their own people to save their enemies. Yes, they are implying that the lives of those outside the walls are less worthy of saving than those who live inside the walls, that the alliance should throw their beliefs outside the fucking window and sit tight until it's time to welcome Eren, their lord and savior, back from his heroic journey.

That's how I can put it. I 100% agree with you, people should try to be more open-minded. You don't have to pick sides, it's actually better if you don't. The point is to acknowledge that both sides are getting their hands dirty and committing all kinds of crimes to do what they deem "right" or morally correct/acceptable. Regardless of their intentions, they still and will forever be war criminals that caused the death of thousands of innocents.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 14, 2022 1:17 AM
Nov 2021
Alphonae said:

I don’t necessarily hate the alliance but I hate how the story is trying to make it seem like they’re the definitive good guys. They literally got an Avengers shot an episode ago.
Mar 14, 2022 1:18 AM

Aug 2021
It’s kinda sad aot fans trying to defend anime hitler and say genocide is good lmao
Mar 14, 2022 1:31 AM

Oct 2018
posts like this are the entire reason people hate the aot fanbase

Mar 14, 2022 1:41 AM

Feb 2021
Cyrus234 said:
anime hitler

This will never not be funny.
Mar 14, 2022 2:02 AM
Jul 2018
My point exactly! I don't get why everyone hates the alliance while the Yeagerists kill anyone who disagrees with their ideals. It's because they are not giving any room for communication that the alliance had to resort to killing people they used to consider as friends. The Yeagerists are brainwashed to the point of no return that the alliance have no choice but to go against them. And let's not forget that it's the people from the alliance who know Eren better than the Yeagerists.

And it's not like Connie, Jean, Mikasa, and Armin want to kill Eren and everyone else. They want to try and talk to him but they cant go near him without crossing paths with the Yeagerists. And it's pretty clear the Yeagerists won't listen to them. Hence, the bloodshed.

I mean the "head" of the Yeagerists is Floch. Does that dude look like someone who will sit and listen to reason? From the moment he was introduced to the show we were shown how easily he is swayed by strong ideals that make him look like the saviour almighty!

I don't get why people fail to understand that genocide is wrong.

I hate Marley but even their general Magath finally acknowledged his people's ignorance and the injustice they caused. Even Gabi and Falco understand it. And they really are little kids.

I also don't get people who hate Gabi. In her perspective, Sasha was her enemy. I mean, she saw Eren and his crew, wreck havoc, kill her friends and take Zeke (who was then considered their ally). So of course she would be mad and do the things she did. Plus, she was taught that the people of Paradis are devils her whole life. And she's realized how wrong she was and is now trying her best to protect her family. But I still see people wishing her death.

I am not picking sides. Both the sides have done their fair share of mistakes but I most definitely do not like what the Yeagerists are doing and I fail to understand the people who hate the alliance so much.
Like you said, everyone is just looking at it like an "Us Vs. Them" situation. It's times like these that the fandom disappoints me.
removed-userMar 14, 2022 2:08 AM
Mar 14, 2022 2:13 AM
Feb 2021
Harshmyanimelist said:
Alphonae said:

- Erwin

- Kiyomi

-Armin

-Yelena

I am not defending genocide here of course genocide is bad no matter what killing innocent people is always bad....

yeah there might be a chance of civil war....all that stuff okay..

but it is very complicated....if we think it from a prespective of a man who is not living in paradis island of couse this alliance is good for him....they are saving humanity..they are saving innocent people.....

but if we think it from prespective of a man who is living in paradis island what he get
so a alliance is formed from paradis island people & eldian people to save those who destroyed there wall(episode 1) and where innocent people of paradis island were killed....

they are saving those who were planing to destroy paradis island (Willy tybur speech & gobal alliance )

they are saving those who droved eldian people from mainland hundred years ago and treating left eldian people as there slaves

so it is very complicated...

So from pradis island prespective what Eren friends are doing is "If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also"

i lke what you said,the most realistic quote in this forum
Mar 14, 2022 2:20 AM
Mar 2019
The alliance is filled with hypocrites and war criminals that allied themselves with their sworn enemies that don't even consider them human and would gladly stab them in the back were it not for the fact that Eldians are in control. Floch is right.
Mar 14, 2022 2:20 AM
Oct 2014
"Genocide is wrong!"

But the reality is that IRL most people will be pro-genocide of the enemy when it comes to conflict.

The rhetoric of nuking the enemy and wiping them off the face of the Earth slips out too easily from most people's mouths, especially in the recent climate.

And because we've been following the story mainly from the people of Paradis, we will lose no sleep over the genocide of the world. it's human nature. Which AoT does well in highlighting.
Mar 14, 2022 2:33 AM
Mar 2022
Someone suggest me some good one shot mangas
Mar 14, 2022 2:41 AM
Feb 2018
AnimeAndy said:
"Genocide is wrong!"

But the reality is that IRL most people will be pro-genocide of the enemy when it comes to conflict.

The rhetoric of nuking the enemy and wiping them off the face of the Earth slips out too easily from most people's mouths, especially in the recent climate.

And because we've been following the story mainly from the people of Paradis, we will lose no sleep over the genocide of the world. it's human nature. Which AoT does well in highlighting.

People are new to politics, these whole shit in real life is way more brutal and cruel, there are a lot of cases of this shit and the reason is not about one holding too much power like Eren did. But one thinking theyre superior or for the sake of justice. I mean look at USA smokes Vietnam, Young Turks scapegoating Abdul Hamid II for Armenian Genocide, and Indonesia Second President killing communist for the sake of justice, this shit is nothing new. I just hate the hypocrisy of people who ignores this.

It's just like those people will accept Truman doctrine like it's God message.
Mar 14, 2022 3:45 AM
Oct 2021
ultragabriel said:
I hate the alliance

ok. (character limit)
Mar 14, 2022 3:49 AM
Oct 2021
UkRs said:

That's a wrong way of thinking. The alliance doesn't want genocide to occur. Like Hange said-"killing everyone would be a mistake".
Mar 14, 2022 3:54 AM
Oct 2021
MunkeeMan said:
Alphonae said:

I don’t necessarily hate the alliance but I hate how the story is trying to make it seem like they’re the definitive good guys. They literally got an Avengers shot an episode ago.

The survey corps were always like the avengers. Back in s1-s3, it was all about saving the world. The alliance in fact, are the definitive good guys since they actually know that letting everyone get killed is wrong.
Mar 14, 2022 4:04 AM
Dec 2019
Xilver said:
Cyrus234 said:
anime hitler

This will never not be funny.
istgπŸ’€ and they call genoice supporters cringe
Mar 14, 2022 4:21 AM

Jan 2016
Think of it in modern day terms. NATO = Cringe alliance. Eldyia = Russia. The alliance will get whats coming to them.
Mar 14, 2022 4:34 AM
Dec 2020
aktiwkunn said:
People who like the alliance are the people who'll most likely stab their own army in the back if they're at a war with another nation because "War Bad"

By that logic people who support the Yeagerists are the one's who will most enthusiastically support their country/Army if their Army is committing Genocide.
Mar 14, 2022 4:45 AM

Sep 2021
I don't have a problem with neither of their ideologies. It's just the formation of alliance felt really forced and cringy, it's execution was poor. Yeagerists make more sense here.
Mar 14, 2022 4:46 AM
Jan 2021
The people in the alliance are probably only doing this so that they can feel good about themselves after the ton of terrible shit they've done and only to save their families outside the wall and not for the sake of humanity, they're just a bunch of hypocrites.As for the yeagerists they're like dogs following their leader blindly and not questioning their actions.

Hope they infinity war this crap and make eren win.
Mar 14, 2022 5:01 AM

Apr 2021
Fuhrer_Wrath said:
aktiwkunn said:

By that logic people who support the Yeagerists are the one's who will most enthusiastically support their country/Army if their Army is committing Genocide.

Only if the people being exterminated wanted to eradicate their whole existence.
I love Monogatari Series
Mar 14, 2022 5:06 AM

Jan 2022
_Kitsuchi_ said:
hello_2220 said:

You are right about that. But no civil war is gonna cause a whole race to cease to exist. But the outside world invading the island and pillaging it for resources is definitely gonna coz every civilian of paradis to die. In short a paradisan civil war is gonna be far far better than the outsiders commiting a genocide on the island.
But if there would be no other race anymore, just the people on the Island, Paradis' civil war would have similar effect, because there wouldn't be any other people except them.

In this case it's all based around personal interpretation because we will never see it happen.
Personally I think a constant civil war isn't gonna cause as much destruction as Marley and the outside world invading paradis

Mar 14, 2022 5:40 AM

Mar 2019
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Anime demography is 16 year olds, who don't realise preventing world genocide is more important than playing friends. Ofcourse, they hold friendships on a pedestal over rationality, just like dumb shonen protagonists do.
MunkeeMan said:
Alphonae said:

Good guys? Here we see their friends calling them traitors when they have to kill them. Last episode, we saw Yelena giving them their crime lists.

This show is screaming at you at every second that there are no good guys. Or maybe it's my fault that I expect rationality.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
Today, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.