Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 6, 2022 8:54 PM
Jul 2021
Is There Any Chance Of Season 3
Mar 6, 2022 9:37 PM
Dec 2020
I don't think that there will be another season cuz it's not profitable for them
Mar 6, 2022 10:58 PM
Sep 2021
They release a movie back in 2018 called departure after that there is no news i really want to see the ending of this anime.
Mar 6, 2022 11:19 PM
Feb 2021
No, very very unlikely
Mar 6, 2022 11:50 PM
Jun 2012
I'd just like to see the LN translated if nothing else.
Mar 7, 2022 12:35 AM
Feb 2022
Gintoki-San69 said:
Is There Any Chance Of Season 3

probably not but we can hope
Mar 7, 2022 5:30 AM

Feb 2021
I’d just read the LN if I was you
Graciaus said:

You know it’s already translated right?
Mar 7, 2022 6:55 AM

Oct 2019
From this point onwards, is unlikely to get another adaptation.
One thing is adapting and another one is completely altering the source.
The latter would be needed if they wanted to broadcast the show as a tv series.
From the beginning Shinmai was an Erotica Novel, but the Anime severely toned it down (And we still had all those scenes) so unless they remove more than half the content (Creating backlash with the readers) it won’t be possible.
Then the studio in charge is no longer available.
It is not going to be profitable for a new studio (For the aforementioned reason) and also because the LN is already completed (And also fully translated so their target audience is wider anyway) there’s no point in another adaptation.
Mar 7, 2022 7:13 AM
Jun 2012
MadanielFL said:
Graciaus said:

Completely? Last I looked it wasn't.
Mar 7, 2022 8:23 AM

Feb 2021
Graciaus said:
MadanielFL said:

yeah but you gotta pay like 10 bucks to get access to vol. 13 early.
Mar 7, 2022 10:23 AM
Jun 2012
MadanielFL said:
Graciaus said:
yeah but you gotta pay like 10 bucks to get access to vol. 13 early.
Oh nice. Thanks for the heads up.
Mar 23, 2022 12:46 PM
Jun 2021
THIS anime need season 3 badly!
Nov 17, 2022 3:09 PM
Dec 2021
I really hope there will be a season 3 of this Anime. Scalars of the Rows on a gaussian represent a dilation, a streth from the origin in the i'th component. Geometrically.
Dec 5, 2022 10:14 PM
Jun 2021
1. I don't think I need to explain why even if season 3 is made, this studio won't be covering it. Production IMS, the studio behind this whole series and other shows like Date a Live and Heaven's Lost Property, has declared bankrupt since it couldn't make debt payments, if you want more inform nation about it, you can read this news on MAL's official information or the Wikipedia page itself for more info. Thus, it's doubtful this series will ever see the light of day again.

https://myanimelist.net/news/55959352
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_IMS

There are multiple reasons why, which include:
1a) Before or while this series is airing, Production IMS never really had a good history of shows. I mean, all the other shows Production IMS has also participated in are mostly action harems, and even ones from different genres aren't hugely popular, so it is probably not making a lot too, so other studios probably won't ever tackle this series knowing this show probably won't make them big bucks, unless there is a higher-up or someone important that really want this series, which never happened before(What did you expect lol).

1b) Production IMS itself didn't have the brightest history on the shows it works on, for instance, they only made Heaven's Lost Property's final movie, and although I haven't read that part yet, I think just by reading the reviews, you can probably guess that they don't know much about the source material and still decided to make it. Instead of letting the original studio handle it, they decided that this would be their turn to shine, but this plummeted their reputation further, thus the demise of this studio.

1c) This series is banned in China, I don't think I need to explain why that is a huge pain in the ass for this series. China has a growing popularity for anime, and it really never stopped much, thus ending this series's growth in China devastatingly killed a fandom that could've formed in China. Not to mention, the numerous manhua(Chinese comics) in China are pretty popular worldwide too, some of them being harem ones, it's sad to say this series could've gotten quite the popularity to push this series into the mainstream harem animes.

For more information about the ban on manga, you can read it on the Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Testament_of_Sister_New_Devil

1d) Other studios who worked on the sequels or prequels of series covered by Production IMS also didn't have a good history. J.C. Staff is one of them, responsible for Date a Live Season 3 and passed seasoned 4 to another studio, and even before that, excluding their more popular series like Toradora! and the Toaru series(A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Magical Railgun, etc.), they were infamous for One Punch Man season 2 and that milf isekai(Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?). Thus I want to safely assume that they would rarely make sequels nowadays, unless they are certain it does well, for example, the Toaru series and Food Wars series. The studio responsible for the fourth season of Date a Live IV is GEEK TOYS, they probably won't do something so risky since they are still a pretty new studio, to begin with, thus I think it's safe to assume that they will not be responsible for this series, at least for now.

1e) The rights to this series remain unknown and pretty mysterious, it's safe to assume that the legal rights for animating this series probably passed to a studio, especially knowing the rights to adapting the other shows Production IMS worked on were passed to other studios. At least for now, it's still not confirmed who it was passed to, there are no trailers or promotions showing this series at all, thus I think it's safe to say this series will probably remain silent unless this series suddenly gains a lot of popularity.

1f) The OVA was already pretty far from the source material. I don't think I need to explain why when most shows go down rail, if it's about the plot, it's probably because they added a lot of filters or in this case, fan service. Compared to the light novel, although it's still not too late, from season 2 already, they had already started cutting out certain parts of the story, thus to most readers, will probably stop watching due to the differences, and for the ones who stayed with this series, it's basically just watching the downfall fo this series, because we readers know why this would never get an adaptation in the future.

2. Major reasons
2a) The LN gets to, let's just say interesting parts. For a studio more directed on action scenes, they probably won't cover this show since there are easier action mangas or light novels to cover out there. More ecchi studios., probably won't cover this series because it's way out of their league to animate a complete fight scene. Thus a reason why I think this series will no longer get an adaption is because of the weird situation it's in, it needs a lot of skill, and if in turn, the studios get barely any money, they've basically just wasted their time.

2b) Most animes are only made to promote the series it's adapting from. Both the LN and the manga for this series have ended, I think you get where I am going with this, this series won't get an adaption because there is just no reason to adapt it anymore.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Departures Episode 1 Discussion

Paul - Mar 8, 2018

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 10, 2023 6:17 AM

» Why Tojo don't accept their marriage proposal?

PRITOM_das - Dec 5, 2022

8 by Damlanur342 »»
Dec 7, 2022 5:44 AM

Poll: » Probability of season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenCrimson20 - Mar 14, 2018

58 by EfhhRacso »»
Dec 5, 2022 9:43 PM

» Any news of season 3?

Aqeel0 - Sep 27, 2021

2 by MadanielFL »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:26 PM

» Question on volume 12

GoldenCrimson20 - Mar 23, 2018

7 by WhiteRocket »»
Mar 31, 2021 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.