Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 24, 2022 8:35 PM
Feb 2022
I can't feel emotions in anime. I used to 'feel' emotions but now i cant. I have watched a lot of anime in short amount of time too maybe its because of that .In your lie in april or any other sad anime . I just didnt cry .Is it because i am burnt out from anime or something else ? :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2022 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Ken-chin27 said:
I can't feel emotions in anime. I used to 'feel' emotions but now i cant. I have watched a lot of anime in short amount of time too maybe its because of that .In your lie in april or any other sad anime . I just didnt cry .Is it because i am burnt out from anime or something else ? :(

Or maybe it is happening to you, because you're going through some life changes or some kind kind of depressive thing.
Feb 24, 2022 8:49 PM
Feb 2020
Bro, I recommend you to take a little break, maybe a month without watching anime, if you say you have watched a lot recently, then a rest would be the best you can do👌🏼👌🏼everything in excess is bad and we all need to rest sometimes. Plus, you need to be at your 100% to watch Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, you need to live that experience completely.
Feb 24, 2022 9:00 PM
Oct 2020
If you can’t cry, how about laughing?
Feb 24, 2022 9:09 PM
Feb 2022
yea crying is the only thing i cant , i was watching haikyuu rn and i am sure i laughed
Feb 24, 2022 9:14 PM
Feb 2022
carhs14 said:
Bro, I recommend you to take a little break, maybe a month without watching anime, if you say you have watched a lot recently, then a rest would be the best you can do👌🏼👌🏼everything in excess is bad and we all need to rest sometimes. Plus, you need to be at your 100% to watch Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, you need to live that experience completely.

I will try taking a short break from anime
Feb 24, 2022 9:19 PM
Jun 2021
Ken-chin27 said:
yea crying is the only thing i cant , i was watching haikyuu rn and i am sure i laughed

same with me, sometimes i watch sad anime but i just feel sad but not crying , i'm still can laugh hard by watching comedy anime. so i think it's alright , you don't always have to cry just because you watch sad anime, if you still can feel sad and laugh than you'll be fine
Feb 24, 2022 9:21 PM

Feb 2021
Anime is not something on which you should cry
Feb 24, 2022 9:22 PM
Oct 2020
I also didn’t cry in this anime.
You should try Clannad. It will at least make you sad.
Feb 24, 2022 9:24 PM

Jan 2022
I had this issue. I took a break from watching. Emotions are probably gonna dry out if you watch so consistently. Give it some time I hope you get that flame back
Feb 24, 2022 9:27 PM
Jan 2022
MasterBihun77 said:
Ken-chin27 said:

same with me, sometimes i watch sad anime but i just feel sad but not crying , i'm still can laugh hard by watching comedy anime. so i think it's alright , you don't always have to cry just because you watch sad anime, if you still can feel sad and laugh than you'll be fine

Earlier this week i was watching Grand Blue and it made me laugh a lot , i cried for a min in your lie in april , when kousei's mother beats him , am i normal.😅
Feb 24, 2022 9:40 PM
Jun 2021
hammad_tarique said:
MasterBihun77 said:

Earlier this week i was watching Grand Blue and it made me laugh a lot , i cried for a min in your lie in april , when kousei's mother beats him , am i normal.😅

nah I was laughed by the scene when Kaori died when i watch this anime, that means yeah you're normal
Feb 24, 2022 9:41 PM
Feb 2022
Ken-chin27 said:

SAMEE!! as much as I enjoyed your lie in April, comedy animes are more my style.
Feb 24, 2022 9:52 PM
Feb 2022
Alright, I will take a break and will try clannad after that
Feb 24, 2022 10:18 PM
Dec 2020
SERIOUSLY! a conversation with the bot lmao
Feb 24, 2022 11:04 PM
Feb 2022
Su-Dhan said:
SERIOUSLY! a conversation with the bot lmao
what do you mean??
Feb 24, 2022 11:17 PM
Mar 2021
Ken-chin27 said:

I don’t think so, because I’ve never cried watching an anime at all, and I watched things like Your Lie in April, Clannad After Story and more, I was close to but didn’t. So I don’t think you’re burnt out, but I would recommend a break as well I watched over 300+ anime and take a break ever now and then, at least 3 weeks
Feb 24, 2022 11:26 PM
Mar 2021
MasterBihun77 said:
hammad_tarique said:

nah I was laughed by the scene when Kaori died when i watch this anime, that means yeah you're normal

I wouldn’t say laughing at that part is normal but you do you 🤣🧐
Feb 24, 2022 11:33 PM

May 2021
Maybe try watching some Slice of Life to refresh your mood so I think it might help .
Feb 24, 2022 11:48 PM

Feb 2021
Ken-chin27 said:

Did you watch clannad? I also didn’t feel a thing in your lie in April, I was close to crying in some sad anime but never actually cried. But clannad after story made me cry like a bitch.
Feb 24, 2022 11:49 PM

Jul 2021
Well it's good because you don't have to deeply get attach to the anime even if you like it or not.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 25, 2022 12:20 AM
Jul 2021
Your lie in April isn't very sad. If you want to be punched in the gut, watch clannad after story, but take a break first.
Feb 25, 2022 12:37 AM
Oct 2020
Ken-chin27 said:

In my experience, don't watch a show when you don't (really) feel like watching it, and expect the show to make you feel emotional, you need to be in the right mood and not have anything else on your mind while watching stuff like this.
Feb 25, 2022 12:40 AM
Jun 2021
Detoxxx said:
MasterBihun77 said:

I wouldn’t say laughing at that part is normal but you do you 🤣🧐

Well the anime wasn't even sad and the story is pretty predictable so at the last scene i'm just like "Ok now she's dead" then i'm just laughed
Feb 25, 2022 2:34 AM
Dec 2021
This film is sad but I cant cry
Feb 25, 2022 3:49 AM
Aug 2020
If you don’t cry at Clannad (After Story) or Your Lie in April does it make you a sociopath? Asking for a friend...
Feb 25, 2022 3:52 AM
Aug 2020
its not good so😅
Feb 25, 2022 3:59 AM
Jan 2022
MasterBihun77 said:
hammad_tarique said:

u laughed there wtf!!!💀💀💀💀
Feb 25, 2022 4:08 AM
Jun 2021
hammad_tarique said:
MasterBihun77 said:

Yeah the story was so predictable and I just make a guess that the girl will die in the last episode
Feb 25, 2022 4:10 AM
Jan 2022
MasterBihun77 said:
hammad_tarique said:

Yeah the story was so predictable and I just make a guess that the girl will die in the last episode
well that was predictable but why laugh
Feb 25, 2022 4:14 AM
Jun 2021
hammad_tarique said:
MasterBihun77 said:

I don't know, when i watching those scene I was like " Yo! I knew it!" And then I just laugh, well I don't like this anime very my much but it's pretty good too
Feb 25, 2022 4:14 AM
Jun 2021
hammad_tarique said:
MasterBihun77 said:

I don't know, when i watching those scene I was like " Yo! I knew it!" And then I just laugh, well I don't like this anime very my much but it's pretty good too
Feb 25, 2022 5:26 AM
Feb 2022
elderonn said:
Ken-chin27 said:

Did you watch clannad? I also didn’t feel a thing in your lie in April, I was close to crying in some sad anime but never actually cried. But clannad after story made me cry like a bitch.

Nope, Haven't watched clannad its in my 'plan to watch list tho' -_-
Feb 25, 2022 5:29 AM
Feb 2021
Yeah same goes for me .I mean I used to feel so empty everytime i finished an anime.Now i jusst move on to the next one.I think i need a break too.
Feb 25, 2022 5:30 AM
May 2021
Ken-chin27 said:

If you think it might be something than you already know what the problem is, otherwise watching a huge amount of sad anime in a short period of time will desensitize you to such things. But I don’t cry watching anime either so 🤷🏾‍♂️
Feb 25, 2022 5:37 AM
Jan 2021
nah its because this anime is trash and is not sad at all
Feb 25, 2022 5:38 AM

Jan 2021
Don't worry. I also didn't felt sad at all after watching YLIA.

But I've felt emotions watching other animes.
Feb 25, 2022 5:38 AM
Oct 2021
Ken-chin27 said:

Idk bro maybe your life is going so well that you don't feel any sadness inside of you. In my case I watched like 1-2 animes everyday for a month and still felt emotions, but the thing is I wanted to cry cause my life is depressing. Everybody has different emotions.
Feb 25, 2022 6:29 AM
Feb 2019
I mean, you don't HAVE to cry to enjoy an anime.
I kinda went through the same thing, people always claimed that certain anime were sad and would make you cry and I kinda felt odd for not crying and it's kinda ironic cause the only times I cried during an anime was during Naruto and I want to eat your pancreas and during both those times I was going through changes and problems in my life, it wasn't necessarily the anime that made me cry but the impact it had on bringing my emotions out if you get what I mean.
Feb 25, 2022 7:02 AM
Feb 2022
Ken-chin27 said:

i think you should go therapy or like touch grass
Feb 25, 2022 7:33 AM
Feb 2022
mikaelagf said:
Ken-chin27 said:

i think you should go therapy or like touch grass

..okay imma just touch grass
Feb 25, 2022 7:37 AM
Feb 2022
KiR4T said:
Don't worry. I also didn't felt sad at all after watching YLIA.

But I've felt emotions watching other animes.
kierowca_ubera said:
nah its because this anime is trash and is not sad at all

Okay then i guess YLIA is not sad -_- i haven't watched any other emotional anime than YLIA.

It was not trash tho:(
Feb 25, 2022 7:39 AM
Feb 2022
__booth_ said:
I mean, you don't HAVE to cry to enjoy an anime.
I kinda went through the same thing, people always claimed that certain anime were sad and would make you cry and I kinda felt odd for not crying and it's kinda ironic cause the only times I cried during an anime was during Naruto and I want to eat your pancreas and during both those times I was going through changes and problems in my life, it wasn't necessarily the anime that made me cry but the impact it had on bringing my emotions out if you get what I mean.

I randomly just wanted to rewatch an an episode of naruto rn i havent watched it in a while (i have paused it) and i cried it was just a random scene not even an emotional or sad scene . IDK
Feb 25, 2022 7:40 AM
Nov 2021
ok ok, just wait about a month or two then start watching sad animes again, go to something like death note or erased. then you can start watching sad animes again like anohana.
Feb 25, 2022 7:45 AM
Feb 2022
OddAlphaCyber said:
ok ok, just wait about a month or two then start watching sad animes again, go to something like death note or erased. then you can start watching sad animes again like anohana.

Yea i am gonna stop watching anime for a while then watch anohana and/or clannad.
i am rewatching death note rn :)
Feb 25, 2022 7:49 AM
Feb 2022
RewLord said:
Ken-chin27 said:

Idk bro maybe your life is going so well that you don't feel any sadness inside of you. In my case I watched like 1-2 animes everyday for a month and still felt emotions, but the thing is I wanted to cry cause my life is depressing. Everybody has different emotions.

Sometimes life will kick you around but sooner or later , you realise that you are a warrior and you are stronger than anything life throws your way-ken-chin27 who copied a quote from google

Feb 25, 2022 7:59 AM

Feb 2021
Too much exposure or familiarity towards something may lead to desensitization, which doesn't necessarily cancel out your emotions, but rather lessens the sensation you used to feel for it.
Feb 25, 2022 9:14 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Ken-chin27 said:

I feel kinda down sometimes, but I almost never cry while watching a anime. I think it depends from person to person if you „cry“ or not, some people are just more emotional then others, if you don’t proceed emotions that way it is alright. But if you say „im a pretty emotional person and i really used to cry often while watching Animes“ then probably a break might be the right thing, or at least try to watch other Genres, hold a distance to that Drama Romance stuff.
Feb 25, 2022 2:42 PM
Jul 2021
This is the only anime to make me cry and one of the few shows/movies ever to do so. Not many anime as moving as this one and the story and characters are so well written.
Feb 25, 2022 3:18 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Are you talking about Your Lie in April or anime as a whole? Because Your Lie in April never made me cry too, or feel anything except frustration really. It has great visuals though.

Not everyone cries to the same tearjerkers. I cried to Your Name lol, but I had a pokerface throughout Anohana, I Want to Eat your Pancrease, Clannad and the likes.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
Yesterday, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.