Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 12, 2022 4:28 PM

Dec 2018
Imho she likes him since episode 1 - when she visits him in the art room she clearly is interested. But why? It is too early to know his personality and their encounter in the library wasnt that mindblowing... Is there some hint in manga Im missing by not reading it? Is she just into M guys and it just developed from there?
Feb 12, 2022 4:36 PM
May 2021
His reactions…
Feb 12, 2022 4:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I guess perhaps she is just into spineless loser beta, not everyone needs to like cool guys I understand :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 12, 2022 4:44 PM
Oct 2020
blackhaulmike said:
Imho she likes him since episode 1 - when she visits him in the art room she clearly is interested. But why? It is too early to know his personality and their encounter in the library wasnt that mindblowing... Is there some hint in manga Im missing by not reading it? Is she just into M guys and it just developed from there?

To be 100% honest we probably aren’t supposed to care in W H Y she started teasing him ngl, mainly because of how the manga literally is and who the target audience are.

I didn’t think she liked him from the beginning nor disliked him (in the beginning of the episode), its probably just a quick but gradual thing.

I personally think it’s because uh how I personally like to say it “too hot and desirable”, I mean she could’ve found someone “better” but she likes him for how genuine he is with whatever he’s interested in and feels I guess? Because yknow in episode 2 or 3 she was in the cafe with her friend group and some guys, probably thought they were hella fucking superficial so disliked them from the beginning then he fucked everything over when he made her listen to his music while Senpai wasn’t like them, uwu quirky and different I guess.

Basically
He’s a whiny fuck but that’s who he actually is so that’s what intrigued her?
Feb 12, 2022 4:45 PM
Oct 2020
I have realized that I thought about this too much at 2 am, I’m fucking embarrassed now
Feb 12, 2022 4:50 PM

Dec 2018
Rinrinka said:
I guess perhaps she is just into spineless loser beta, not everyone needs to like cool guys I understand :)

Sure but their first encounter seems kinda weak. Why was that enough to decide this loser is worth her time... I mean, I like that couple, they work well together. But was making him cry about his manga really what made her interested?
Feb 12, 2022 4:56 PM

Dec 2018
neonashailie said:
blackhaulmike said:

To be 100% honest we probably aren’t supposed to care in W H Y she started teasing him ngl, mainly because of how the manga literally is and who the target audience are.

I didn’t think she liked him from the beginning nor disliked him (in the beginning of the episode), its probably just a quick but gradual thing.

I personally think it’s because uh how I personally like to say it “too hot and desirable”, I mean she could’ve found someone “better” but she likes him for how genuine he is with whatever he’s interested in and feels I guess? Because yknow in episode 2 or 3 she was in the cafe with her friend group and some guys, probably thought they were hella fucking superficial so disliked them from the beginning then he fucked everything over when he made her listen to his music while Senpai wasn’t like them, uwu quirky and different I guess.

Basically

They make interesting couple imho. And sure, she grows into it but I thik she kinda likes him after their first encounter and thats why she visits him in the art room. And thats what I dont get. I get the impression she likes him because he makes her feel comfortable... but she couldnt get that vibe from their first encounter...
Feb 12, 2022 4:57 PM

Dec 2018
neonashailie said:
I have realized that I thought about this too much at 2 am, I’m fucking embarrassed now

It is 1:57 AM here so all is good.
Feb 12, 2022 5:00 PM

Sep 2018
My theory is that she liked the mc since the begginning. The reason is likely to appeal to the more introverted males who are the target demographic for watching anime/manga.
Feb 12, 2022 5:37 PM
Apr 2021
The manga has begun to show that she has a past that she’s keeping quiet about, she was a top class karate student among other things. So maybe she met him before or knew someone like him. My top theory is that she was like him, passionate about what she liked regardless of other peoples opinions, but then she did the whole “reinvent myself to be cool for high school” cliche. She doesn’t really seem to like the people around her, she often appears bored with them, because they’re the sort of people that looked down on her before. The teasing grows less bullying and more flirting as things go on I think in part because the author didn’t get the balance right in the beginning (I hate their first meeting), but also because nagatoro enjoys his company more. Also when you meet her sister you see that teasing is part of the family dynamic and probably a sign of affection. So I think she likes him because he’s a genuine person and he likes her because he see’s there’s more to her than meets the eye.
I might’ve over thought this a bit much. Maybe they just like each other because there wouldn’t be much of a manga if they didn’t.
Feb 12, 2022 6:13 PM
Nov 2021
bro it's a show, it's not suppose to be realistic or make any sense my man :0
Feb 12, 2022 6:30 PM
Oct 2020
blackhaulmike said:
neonashailie said:

Basically

They make interesting couple imho. And sure, she grows into it but I thik she kinda likes him after their first encounter and thats why she visits him in the art room. And thats what I dont get. I get the impression she likes him because he makes her feel comfortable... but she couldnt get that vibe from their first encounter...

I mean the library thing wasn’t a big deal but everything starts off somewhere yknow?

I just think that since she picked up the manga she liked the fact that he actually seemed to enjoy what he does. I don’t think she liked him from the beginning but at least was curious, she is the type of person who simply does what she wants to do.

Yeah ofc he’s a whiny fuck but I don’t know if that actually means anything in the aspect of her liking him yknow? Like yeah reactions cute whatever, it’s just perfect for the target audience thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to be honest it’s kinda difficult to tell much because it doesn’t show too much about her character as much as I’d like it to ;-;

__ you don’t have to read here I’m just over analyzing stuff I guess__

Like I’d like to know if she’s “actually like that” or its easier for her to act that way because he is the way he is
HOW DO I EXPLAIN IT it’s definitely fun to her but the way he acts is “making” her treat him like that,
IM NOT SAYING SHE DOESNT WANT TO I SWEAR FIDHDIBFDIDHB
I don’t want people to misunderstand it (・_・;

So her liking him is more, she likes him even though he’s whiny but not BECAUSE he is. in my opinion at least but that’s just trying to make it make sense in real life ;-;

it’s weird saying that because I def feel like people would go BUT SHE ENJOYED TEASING HIM HERE AND THERE
Like ofc, that’s like her as a character, that’s the point, but if he wasn’t as whiny would she be the same? Maybe? Maybe not? The dynamic would almost completely change even if It’s senpai who has changed yknow yknow??

Yknow what it’s 3:30
Imma dip
Good night
i might make more sense tomorrow <3
Feb 12, 2022 7:24 PM
Jun 2021
Bcz he's an absolute giga chad sigma male like duh?
Feb 12, 2022 8:06 PM

Jan 2015
I believe the manga gave us some hints until the current chapter. Maybe it's something related to Nagatoro's true passion(this is not the swimming club), the anime only showed us the protagonist's passion.

I'm not sure if that's reason enough, but we also know that while teasing him she tries to help him come out of his shell, so I think it's only natural that she ends up getting too involved with him, they spend time together and get to know more about each other. But I get your point, the first time they met she could have just ignored him and not cared at all.
Arikado-Feb 12, 2022 8:11 PM
Feb 12, 2022 8:24 PM
Jan 2021
blackhaulmike said:

At first I think it’s just to make fun of someone but it seems that she’s just into him because he acts different and “truer” to himself than the guys they were originally hanging out with. But yes, idk why loser MC trope is still here
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Feb 12, 2022 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
because he's a cutie
Feb 12, 2022 8:49 PM

Mar 2011
She's just into shy, artsy, introverted guys. You're overthinking it.
Feb 12, 2022 10:02 PM
Jun 2021
I think she started liking him for 2 episode. fist she teased him but then may be innocency became the reason why she liked him.
Feb 12, 2022 10:25 PM

Apr 2021
Because she can tell that he is a genuinely good guy that is also fun to tease, unlike the rest of the losers that normally ask her out, with obvious sexual intentions.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 13, 2022 5:23 AM
Jan 2021
Issei_Ddraig said:
Bcz he's an absolute giga chad sigma male like duh?

I'm sorry we aren't talking about uzaki chan here.
Feb 13, 2022 8:52 AM
Aug 2020
blackhaulmike said:

maybe she wants to date him so she can tease him anytime (>0<;)
Feb 13, 2022 10:52 AM
Mar 2020
Idk, why are people suddenly so interested in other people in the first place?

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 13, 2022 1:11 PM
Dec 2007
It's implied she's attracted to him because of his dedication to his art. She finds that dedication attractive and it contrasts with what she considers her personal flaws. The manga starts to go into this, but she has a bit of a history where she failed to remain dedicated to her passion. Basically, she sees in him what she wish she had.
Feb 15, 2022 6:01 AM

Mar 2019
She might have known him from before. Reminds me of your lie in april
Feb 18, 2022 6:20 AM

Jan 2008
I think she just finds him interesting because he draws his own manga where he based the main character on him. I mean the guys her friends try to set her up with are all pretty generic and fake so compared to them he stands out.
Apr 14, 2023 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Well, it seems that thanks to Sakura she met plenty of guys, who are superficial and interested more in her breast and something else "below" if you catch my drift. Also it seems that they don't participate in anything interesting. With Naoto a.k.a. Senpai/Paisen it's different. Yes, he is "closet pervert", but he has a talent in art, which attracts her, in other words he has something else to offer to her aside from his crotch. Another thing are his reactions. Not being accustomed to girls, all his reactions are pretty innocent and "fresh" to her. She is pretty open-minded in sexual theme and can freely tease him, thus receiving in return pleasure from his innocent, but predictable to some degree behavior. It tickles her inner sadist and girl sides. But later he shows his some rare, but serious feelings toward her too, which resonate with her girl's romantic feelings too.
removed-userApr 14, 2023 2:18 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

274 by DarCas003 »»
Sep 11, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Apr 24, 2021

177 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by akashi_daiki »»
Aug 22, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

217 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 15, 11:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.