Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2010 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HEY! Making Nonomi cry is like the greatest sin anyone can commit. Somebody is definitely going to hell. Everyone is indebted to Nonomi; she is God of the organization.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2011 11:47 PM
Jun 2010
Just watched this anime. This episode had the best scene I have ever witness. Him walking through the monsters with her on her back quoting the story.. WAS AMAZING.

Can't even describe it. Most artful, warm, cool scene I've seen in a long time.
Apr 3, 2016 12:37 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So the Phantom Beasts leave you alone when you play it cool? Interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 27, 2017 8:54 AM

Jun 2016
I laughed so hard at the exposition dump explaining that PBE's use the lives of orphans HAHAHAHAHA. That's so ridiculous and it was such a horrible way to get across that information. Anyways, this episode was definitely the best so far. I have to say this again, I really love the world building in this anime, I care for the cast as a collective and feel like I understand and sympathize with the situation of the world, however the storytelling and characters really suck.

Gunparade has good ideas, and pretty good directing and world building but the characters are so bland, with hardly any characterization to them at all ever and the storytelling is slice of life with characters we don't care about(nor does the show) 70% of the time and then some boring battle where nothing really happens but some people may die with a very melodramatic tone shift not far afterwards. If this anime was comfortable not speeding through everything, but rather giving us time to get to know its cast and tell it's story with a purpose rather than so meaninglessly then this could really be good.... And no, I'm not saying slice of life is bad, nor am I saying the story needs to be a fast paced sci-fi epic to be good, rather what I'm saying is if a story would like to portray the trauma and lives of young people drafted to war as well as those in charge outside of said war, then it would be better to dedicate time and care to express who those character are rather than blazing through some cliche moments that fit their archetypes at best(since a lot of characters are so bland they're indescribable from each other and may as well be robots). Sadly the great world building definitely pushes this above the title of the most mediocre anime ever, but not by too much.
Jul 20, 2022 11:09 PM
Sep 2013
The protagonist was chad now, he put her to sleep just to be able to do the stops alone. This stop of him starting to "pray" and the animals not attacking intrigued me, I was going to comment on the protagonists in the last episode but I decided to wait to comment and this episode came in handy, Mai is easy to know why she is a protagonist, she is good in combat, Atsushi had no reason, since he is average, so he has a kind of power.
With Atsushi's explanation about this "power" it seems that the monsters came to purge the evil of humanity lol.
This episode was good, we had the main characters in-depth, we had a survival stop, we had the group coming together to save them both.

PT-BR

O protagonista foi chad agora,ele colocou ela pra dormir só pra poder fazer as paradas sozinho. Essa parada dele começar a “orar” e os bichos não atacarem me intrigou,eu ia comentar sobre os protagonistas no episodio passado mas decidi esperar para comentar e esse episódio veio a calhar,Mai é fácil saber o porque ela é uma protagonista, ela é boa no combate, já o Atsushi não tinha motivo, já que ele é médio, então ele tem uma espécie de poder.
Com a explicação do atsushi sobre esse “poder” parece que os monsters vieram pra expurgar o mau da humanidade kkkk.
Esse episodio foi bom,tivemos o aprofundamento dos personagens principais, tivemos uma parada de sobrevivência, tivemos o grupo se reunindo pra salvar os dois.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunparade March Episode 12 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 10, 2010

14 by BeStraight »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:40 AM

Poll: » Is this worth watching?

Onlin3Mast3r - Jul 15, 2012

1 by nomad8 »»
Jul 21, 2022 8:48 PM

Poll: » Gunparade March Episode 11 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 10, 2010

6 by nomad8 »»
Jul 21, 2022 7:48 PM

Poll: » Gunparade March Episode 10 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 9, 2010

1 by nomad8 »»
Jul 21, 2022 7:07 PM

Poll: » Gunparade March Episode 9 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 9, 2010

2 by nomad8 »»
Jul 21, 2022 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.