Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2010 3:15 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode. I like how they managed to maintain dramatic tone in the second half of the episode, despite that the first half was humorous. Also, OP is beautiful.
Apr 13, 2010 3:28 AM
Nov 2009
Really enjoyed this episode! So funny that everyone could die (but not) so fast!

Apr 13, 2010 3:36 AM
Mar 2010
Haha at the traps x)
Apr 13, 2010 3:40 AM

Oct 2009

Hmm episode 3 looks cool (well every episode will be cool i think :D) but i think we will get to see more of the rest of the characters from the band now ^^ yey YUI 8D

Apr 13, 2010 3:41 AM
Oct 2008
The opening reminds me of the Clannad After Story opening.
Apr 13, 2010 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
fragger505 said:
The opening reminds me of the Clannad After Story opening.

Same artist
Apr 13, 2010 6:28 AM
Jan 2009
It's been awhile since i've been able to say i was impressed with a show, and i can say i'm impressed with this one :D

nice episode, hope it stays this good
Apr 13, 2010 7:25 AM
Oct 2009
Lol i really loved this episode . its got humour and action! wow if they can keep up making this , then its gonna be one of the best anime this year.

lol @ TK hes got a nice voice xD

^^
Apr 13, 2010 7:39 AM

Oct 2009
thethorndog said:
i actually think that yuri is kind of special since she apparently was the only one to remember how she died. In fact, she might not have died at all. Lets see what happens, i would like to rate the anime 9, but i have to keep watching it

Nah, you don't remember your past only if your death involved damage to the brain. She did die, she just doesn't want to talk about it YET. I'm sure Haruhi Yuri will tell Otanashi once they get closer (which they obviously will).

I think this episode was great: action, comedy, drama -- everything was done nicely.

The OP was good (as expected of Lia) and the ED wasn't bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2010 7:39 AM
Oct 2009
John21 said:
Awesome episode and some parts were soo funny. The T.K. dude is just awesome and Yuri's past was touching. I feel kinda sorry for Angel though. Shez just getting battered, getting shot at repeatedly, dynamites thrown at her and all that.

''JUST WILD THEN!''
Apr 13, 2010 7:41 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, I'm expecting Otanashi to end up befriending that Tenshi.

--

And yeah, Yuri's past was really touching. I wanted Otanashi to give her a hug during that scene.

--

And lol @ the climbing up part.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2010 7:42 AM

Jul 2009
After the first episode I wasn't expecting this to be that good. Well this time first impression was wrong.
The whole idea of them being immortal in this world drives to some funny situations - like when the ceiling start to falling down and T.K was like - Ye i gonna rescue u all, run, and others just left saying " See u later " , "Thanks " and stuff like this. Its just hard to accept ;d
All in all i will continue to watching series and we will see how the story goes ;]
Apr 13, 2010 7:49 AM

Oct 2009
Forgot to add, just like everybody already said the humorous references deaths scenes were really good.

What was the laser one from again? Was a zombie movie I think... Or terminator... forgot.

EDIT:

I remember some super computer involved in the movie w/ laser scene... It's annoying not remembering.
Apr 13, 2010 9:27 AM

Jul 2009
DoubleDango said:
Forgot to add, just like everybody already said the humorous references deaths scenes were really good.

What was the laser one from again? Was a zombie movie I think... Or terminator... forgot.

EDIT:

I remember some super computer involved in the movie w/ laser scene... It's annoying not remembering.

Resident Evil...
Apr 13, 2010 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
DoubleDango said:
Yeah, I'm expecting Otanashi to end up befriending that Tenshi.

I think your right that probaly is going to happen Which i think will be cool ^^ Gahh the past of Yuri Its really sad stupid cops should of come earlier

Apr 13, 2010 1:06 PM

May 2008
I really liked this episode.

Angel Beats! = win.

Apr 13, 2010 6:30 PM

Dec 2009
The Op is really great C:
And the episode was good.
Apr 13, 2010 9:24 PM

Feb 2010
Really cool show, I'm psyched to follow this one.
Apr 13, 2010 10:01 PM

Mar 2008
I thought this episode was much better than the first... and I fell in love with the OP. It's amazing... *_*

Apr 13, 2010 10:34 PM

Sep 2009
Aww, this episode was doing so well, until the backstory on Yuri. That really got on my nerves. I mean, the thieves break in, start smashing stuff they could've easily sold, and then up their criminal activity from theft to murder? What the hell? The criminals are just very badly written, IMO. Most of the episode was better than the first, but that was just annoying.

TK, on the other hand, continues to kick ass. Love ho he says "Fuckin' crazy" in a Scottish-sounding accent. I doubt that was intentional, I assume he's American, but what the hell.
Apr 13, 2010 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Aww, this episode was doing so well, until the backstory on Yuri. That really got on my nerves. I mean, the thieves break in, start smashing stuff they could've easily sold, and then up their criminal activity from theft to murder? What the hell? The criminals are just very badly written, IMO. Most of the episode was better than the first, but that was just annoying.

TK, on the other hand, continues to kick ass. Love ho he says "Fuckin' crazy" in a Scottish-sounding accent. I doubt that was intentional, I assume he's American, but what the hell.

Thieves usually only look for jewelery and money. It's not convenient to take the whole household and sell it. And that goes for reality also. You are the one not being realistic here.
Apr 14, 2010 1:58 AM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
Thieves usually only look for jewelery and money. It's not convenient to take the whole household and sell it. And that goes for reality also. You are the one not being realistic here.

Speaking from personal experience, I can safely say that thieves tend to go for the TV, the computer, and any games consoles they can find if there's no conveniently placed large piles of money nearby.

Incidentally, if you're reading this, GIVE ME BACK MY DS.
Apr 14, 2010 7:53 AM

Oct 2009
Psychodrake said:
DoubleDango said:

EDIT:

Resident Evil...

Yes that's the one!!! Thank you. Lol.
Apr 14, 2010 5:12 PM

Dec 2009
Monad said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Well, he's got a point there. Especially the murder part. I mean, if they really wanted her to bring them valuables, they could surely have threatened to kill the others; but really do it? Why? To make her collapse from the stress if she comes back and sees it (and thus become useless to them)? And to be convicted of murder if they're caught?
Those definitely weren't normal thieves.
Apr 14, 2010 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
I don't understand why you guys are making a big deal out of this. I don't remember if Yuri said they were normal thieves or not, so does it matter? Even if she said they were, she was just a kid, so what the hell does she know? People are crazy, and crazy people killed her siblings and stained her childhood. That's all that matters.
Apr 14, 2010 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmm, more light ball things in the OP? I wonder if these ones will make a happy ending in THIS anime, as well.

It was a pretty enjoyable episode. I liked it; the pace wasn't too rushed. I'm looking forward to some serious drama from this show.
Apr 14, 2010 8:23 PM

Feb 2009
I've seen traps like that in Resident Evil? Indiana Jones? and others.
Apr 15, 2010 1:09 AM

Sep 2007
I like this episode as it builds nicely upon the first and gives a bit of background though story progression may have slowed a bit. I enjoyed the fact that Yuri's past isn't perfect and happy but rather dark and disturbing. I also liked the fact that Yuri's death is still a secret even after revealing parts of her past. I can't wait for the third episode!
Apr 15, 2010 1:26 AM

Jun 2008
Battlesheep said:
Monad said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Well, he's got a point there. Especially the murder part. I mean, if they really wanted her to bring them valuables, they could surely have threatened to kill the others; but really do it? Why? To make her collapse from the stress if she comes back and sees it (and thus become useless to them)? And to be convicted of murder if they're caught?

Why do it? Because people are sick fucks. Simple as that. Every day we read in newspapers people that kill other people for every stupid reason possible. Even in the real world people do stupid hateful crimes for stupid reason like a fly in their cornflakes and you guys get surprised by some criminals that killed two children?
NoteDhero is absolutely right. People are crazy and can do lot's of not very logical things.
Apr 15, 2010 4:25 AM

Aug 2009
Monad said:

Why do it? Because people are sick fucks. Simple as that. Every day we read in newspapers people that kill other people for every stupid reason possible. Even in the real world people do stupid hateful crimes for stupid reason like a fly in their cornflakes and you guys get surprised by some criminals that killed two children?
NoteDhero is absolutely right. People are crazy and can do lot's of not very logical things.

Thank you! Somebody else gets this.

There's no need to "analyze." They're just of bunch of crazy, messed up freaks who rob rich people and kill children for lulz.
Apr 15, 2010 5:02 AM
Oct 2009
Pretty good episode.
It seem that the world feel like a game
Apr 15, 2010 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
Monad said:
Battlesheep said:
Monad said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Three ;P
Apr 16, 2010 2:39 AM

Sep 2009
Monad said:

...Someone has killed over a fly in their cornflakes?

Either way, it really doesn't feel right to just throw the MST3K Mantra in there... I doubt they honestly just randomly decided they would kill them, not unless there was something at stake. I hate to repeat myself, but I don't think "just because" is a valid reason.
Apr 16, 2010 4:32 AM

Feb 2008
Best show of the season so far.

And on of the best ops in ages.
Apr 17, 2010 10:12 AM

Feb 2010
well,the overall episode was fun but the traps were too lame and i didn't expect the guild to be that big.
Apr 17, 2010 4:47 PM

Mar 2010
It was good. I liked the episode and the series overall.
The deaths were funny, though. They just let them die without any slight of concern.
I lol'd.
Apr 18, 2010 1:21 AM

Mar 2010
I don't understand the people who say they hated it. I mean it's not like those episodes you can hate of an anime where someone ends up with a jerk or someone dies seriously even if you didn't think it was totally amazing and cool I don't see any reason to hate it. Personally I thought it was FREAKIN AWESOME!!
Animestuffs-1.png
Apr 18, 2010 5:08 AM

Sep 2008
Massive improvement over episode 1.

I suddenly really like this anime.
Apr 18, 2010 4:10 PM

May 2009
The opening and ending was okay, lol at the deaths they had,they were so random xD,Yuri's life seems pretty sad....i felt really sorry for her and those thieves hopefully got killed...and it was a pretty epic episode so i'm hoping for more awesomeness :P
Apr 18, 2010 6:04 PM

Feb 2008
I just love the OP. ED is okay.

Episode was kinda good. I wanna know more about Yuri's past. Moar d0ramaz plz!
Apr 18, 2010 7:37 PM
Dec 2009
This anime looks promising ^^ Looking forward to the next episode =D
Apr 19, 2010 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
A dash of fanservice, and Otonashi irks me at times, but on the whole this show is pretty good so far. I also like both the OP and the ED. There were some funny and weird scenes as well as dramatic and emotional ones. Now it's on to the third episode. Can't wait to find out more about the SSS members and the afterlife!
Apr 19, 2010 11:47 PM

Apr 2009
I liked the first episode, but this was on another level. Hilarious deaths and reactions to them, some gut wrenching revelations about Yuri, and a bad ass knife fight with Angel. The destruction of Guild and Angel falling into the depths was an awesome visual to boot.
Apr 20, 2010 12:46 AM

Apr 2010
TK needed more screentime, it should have been only him that survived. then he and tenki have a stand off and he rap battles her and wins and thats the end of the show
Apr 20, 2010 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
It's all too fast paced, but it's got a nice atmosphere.
Apr 20, 2010 12:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Visually outstanding for a tv show. Funny, too. I liked it.

[edit]: Nice scream.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 21, 2010 4:25 PM

Sep 2007
This feels like an RPG.
Apr 21, 2010 5:55 PM

Jan 2009
Kvakond said:
Good show but so far i'm not feeling it

Maximatum99 said:
ringoo4 said:
Pandaandrew said:
i dont really understand how yui's family died when u cant die in that world
It's because people die when they are killed.
rofl

xD lol'd also... It's funny when you understand the joke ^o^

I love this show already ^_^ And as the fangirl as I am, that little fanservice there sure did the job ;o
Haruhi =/= Yuri. Not personality-wise, nor vision-wise. Seriously! Am I the only one thinking this?
Apr 25, 2010 1:13 PM

Mar 2008
That was definitely a great episode. Such a long way to enter the guild, and so many stupid deaths (laughed a lot with that guy "oh no, i forgot this trap")

Seems Yuri had a hard time in her previous life :(
Apr 26, 2010 9:48 AM

Dec 2009
The opening was just brilliant , and the episode is really amazing.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.