Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 11, 2022 10:53 AM

Jul 2021
amarcioz said:
Sealshark122 said:
most slice of life shows are so boring

Saying that SoL animes are boring is like complaining that hentai has too many sex scenes

SoL isn't an excuse to be boring. There was that Aquatope anime with 2 girls just working, that was entertaining with no romantic subplot, nor any comedy.

Also yes, that's a reason I don't watch hentai, while Interspecies reviewers is a 10/10 comedy for me.
Jan 11, 2022 11:10 AM
Jul 2021
azzuRe said:
loki_inme said:

yeah i see that but if i said i didnt like the show because the comedy is bad and the characters are unlikeable, would that be a solid argument to said slice of life anime?

That would fell under personal opinion, not an actual critic to said show, imo

then what is a solid argument for a not so good slice of life anime?
Jan 12, 2022 10:01 AM

Oct 2009
loki_inme said:
azzuRe said:

That would fell under personal opinion, not an actual critic to said show, imo

then what is a solid argument for a not so good slice of life anime?

Something that have a tangible feature, for example if it was an adaptation from other media it can be criticized if there's any discrepancy between the source material and the anime adaptation, whether it's artstyle differs, if there's a skipped content, added 'non-canon' anime original content, the quality of the animation, etc.

If it was an original work then viewers might criticize the performance of the voice actors, the sound engineering, the pacing of the story, the consistency of it's plot, the completeness of it's world building (whether there's missing detail that conveniently used as plot device in the future when the author needed it; deus ex machina) or lazy character building (cardboard characters, token characters, mary/gary stu, etc.) I think any kind of literary critic is also a pretty solid base.

For example Kuma Kuma Bear has a textbook Mary Sue MC with seemingly a very strong plot armor, no matter what troubles ahead she will fix it one way or another, or thing will just resolves by itself. The series is deeply flawed, but it doesn't take away the enjoyment for many because they know what they subscribed for, but some might find a distaste for this show, and it's totally fine to called it out, after all it is what it is.
azzuReJan 12, 2022 10:19 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 12, 2022 2:20 PM

Jun 2017
I think it gets a pass because it's a wind down type of anime. People mostly watch them to relax. There's not much story to analyze or anything to really complain about.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jan 15, 2022 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
It's most shit on genre just above Isekai. What the heck are you talking about?
Jan 15, 2022 12:53 AM
Jan 2022
There’s very little to criticize in a show that doesn’t take itself seriously. It promises nothing and delivers nothing. There’s nothing to look forward to or anticipate. Criticism stems from failed expectations and when you expect nothing, you don’t complain about it.
Jan 15, 2022 12:59 AM

Mar 2020
Softhenic03 said:
Because most of them are afraid that they will be called out as normies, as criticizing Sol will automatically make you a shounentard.

Just got a right hand example of this today lol
SOL has its fair share of shit anime and toxic fans
Jan 15, 2022 1:29 AM
Feb 2020
yes,as long as they arent fall for the "pretentious" SOL that wanna be romance drama only to fail at everything.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Apr 23

28 by gunny92 »»
8 minutes ago

» Best pink haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 22

54 by Ahiru89 »»
9 minutes ago

» Describe an anime with zoomer language

ZakuF_ - 2 hours ago

2 by alshu »»
13 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7168 by damiJESUS »»
14 minutes ago

» Endless eight and mental health concerns

trinitroglycerin - 3 hours ago

3 by Rhae »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.