Forum Settings
Forums

Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Tokubetsu Hen Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2022 10:42 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good episode, as expected of Lord El-Melloi II
Feb 1, 2022 4:44 PM

Aug 2020
That was a beautiful case of reunion.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 2, 2022 6:46 PM
Jul 2013
Good to see Waver again, this whole special was a nice surprise.
ASCA killed it again with the ED.
Feb 21, 2022 5:49 PM

Sep 2018
Quite good, I enjoyed it more than the actual series, 8/10.
Feb 21, 2022 10:11 PM
Apr 2015
Bio said:
You gotta love how Nasuverse always goes over the top with magic applications. Ah, yes, I've been working on projections. See this little monster I can display? So I'm thinking the next step is copying an entire world. I'm not convinced the applications actually make sense half the time, but you gotta give points for trying.

Pretty much my only gripe with this: I understand the type of story the author was trying to tell here (which was kinda good) but he does handwave a rather important factor of why projection magic is called a pretty "useless magic". He seems to think the main (and only?) problem with it is the duration it can last, ignoring the fact that it has a really high ratio of "high cost, low result". The only reason why Shirou can get away with it is because his projections doesn't create the thing from scratch as it merely is "brought out" of his RM (which did the real heavy lifting). Otherwise Shirou would have lost (at least according to Rin) an arm trying to project Caliburn. An other factor that gets ignored and would increase the burden on the caster significantly is that Mages can resist the mana from the spells casted on them (it varies on how strong and talented the mage is). So if you force a projection spell upon someone...

(And this problem also later returns in the series again when projection is used as "infinite power!!" Thanks Waver, you are really smart lol)
Apr 2, 2022 10:24 PM

Jul 2016
Quite entertaining Special but gotta be honest, I could only think of this while watching the whole Waver x Camus thing:

Oct 21, 2022 1:43 PM
Jan 2018
I just dont like This version of Aozaki Touko
Apr 25, 2023 2:54 AM

Apr 2013
As usual it was an okay watch, I feel like as an anime-only Fate-stuff will always be at least a bit confusing. Camus was cute though.
Jul 11, 2023 12:58 PM

Nov 2010
Reines is so hot in that red dress! I want to get her drunk and have my way with her!

Touko is intriguing. Hopefully, they animate that VN, where she serves as an antagonist. I also look forward to seeing her in the Kara no Kyoukai movies. She's older here, but for some reason, she looks hotter than her younger version.

As someone who's having trouble moving on from the past, this episode was relatable. I miss my college days so much. Also, I still can't forget my first love in high school. I would love to spend an eternity just reliving those simpler days.
Aug 4, 2023 9:07 PM
Jul 2023
This was pretty good, felt like the original
- the art was amazing in some of the scenes like the bedroom
- the goals of the guy who wanted to make everybody live fake memories was a bit confusing and silly
- Waver and Grey are being so wholesome in this episode :)
- The photo gimmic was very fun to watch
Oct 25, 2023 3:16 PM
Jun 2016
man, so sad the ways it ends, could be a beatiful love story from now on, but that end was just hard, i mean, the correct one but ahhh
the fact that touko appears make me think there was a conecction with the tsukihime, and the kara no kyoukai series, maybe the world itself is the same or something, and if it is, make me even a greater fan, cause i love those series as well the fate saga
Dec 16, 2023 12:37 PM

Jan 2017
My only knowledge based on the Fate'verse comes from Stay Night (all routes) and Zero.
So my question is...Who on Earth is Gray supposed to be?

Other than that, this was really good and watching this during Christmas 2023 adds more flavor to it :D
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Feb 24, 2:29 PM

May 2021
A one hour special that isn’t a movie
Velvet gaming
That cgi bird is cursed
Young velvet Christmas special
Karva1Feb 24, 2:33 PM
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» So did they announce anything more after this or is this it?

thereIwasnt - Jan 11, 2022

6 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:34 AM

» Dub?

Chokoboo__ - Dec 31, 2021

4 by Yaggamy »»
Jan 1, 2022 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.