Forum Settings
Forums

Genres of anime you will be trying to watch in the new year?

New
Dec 30, 2021 9:37 PM

May 2017
2022 is making me want to watch more mecha for some reason. I know about Gargantia and Macross, but I was wondering if there is any genres of anime that you’re watching to celebrate the New Year?
Dec 30, 2021 9:41 PM

Aug 2009
Harem, because I might as well, for science.

Dec 30, 2021 11:39 PM

Jan 2021
I want to watch more isekai, because I'm planning to kill myself
Mar 19, 2023 2:26 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I've been buying DVDs of sci-fi and mecha anime because I feel like I never really gave these genres a real chance before. Alongside the rest of my ever growing collection and PTW list, I hope I'll actually get to Arjuna, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Escaflowne, Gurren Lagann, Mouretsu Pirates, Casshern Sins, and Mao-chan at least by 2023's end.
Mar 19, 2023 2:27 PM

May 2019
Like always i will be watching hentai and ecchi.
Mar 19, 2023 2:44 PM
Dec 2017
Anything goes really, i'm not just limited unless its isekai.

back to 2000s binging for me.

Mar 19, 2023 2:46 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
I've been buying DVDs of sci-fi and mecha anime because I feel like I never really gave these genres a real chance before. Alongside the rest of my ever growing collection and PTW list, I hope I'll actually get to Arjuna, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Escaflowne, Gurren Lagann, Mouretsu Pirates, Casshern Sins, and Mao-chan at least by 2023's end.

Code Geass is pretty good,Eureka Seven is aighty but fuck the comedy honestly pretty fucking mean spirited if you ask me, Casshern i mainly know bout from Vanquish as Casshern was a huge inspiration to the gameplay, and Gurren Lagann is epic af and Escaflowne is good too specially with chrono trigger's character designer working as one of the animators.

Mar 19, 2023 3:04 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Fario-P said:

Necromancer... I'll try to find anime with necromancer and I'll watch that.
I like ghost and spirits anyway..like Kairi Shishigou – Fate Apocrypha, Ainz Ooal Gown – Overlord, Usagi – Juuni Taisen
Solo Leveling,
Seoul Station's Necromancer
Necromancy As A Side job In Second Life..
You know the usual stuff like shaman king

Mar 19, 2023 10:26 PM

Feb 2016
Fario-P said:
You should buy Norn9 since it's based on an otome game. Perhaps you'll develop an appreciation for villainess isekai, even though Norn9 has no villainess.
その目だれの目?
Mar 20, 2023 12:04 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I have no idea why I got so many quote replies and nobody else did lol

Lucifrost said:
Fario-P said:
You should buy Norn9 since it's based on an otome game. Perhaps you'll develop an appreciation for villainess isekai, even though Norn9 has no villainess.
I've heard mixed thoughts on it, but then again I didn't really dwell on it to get any real impression.
Dunno if I'll buy it but I'll keep your suggestion in mind regardless.
Mar 20, 2023 6:20 AM

Feb 2016
Fario-P said:
Dunno if I'll buy it but I'll keep your suggestion in mind regardless.
My suggestion was a joke, but I do actually like Norn9.
その目だれの目?
Mar 20, 2023 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
Genres I avoided were:

Cars, Idol, Shounen Ai, Music and Parody.
Depending on how appealing the character design is, I might give Shounen Ai a try. Music is hard to approach, because if it's the dominant genre in the anime, I'll be bored out of my mind. If it's not the dominant genre however, I'll consider giving it a try. The rest can eat shit.
Mar 20, 2023 7:24 AM

Jan 2017
albertbrown said:
2022 is making me want to watch more mecha for some reason. I know about Gargantia and Macross, but I was wondering if there is any genres of anime that you’re watching to celebrate the New Year?
Check out SSSS.Gridman and SSSS.Dyzanenon (also the upcoming film Gridman Universe).

I don't usually choose anime by genre. I just go with what I'm in the mood for, looks interesting and/or is recommended to me.
オタク? 私はそのことが私がかわいいと思う!
Mar 20, 2023 7:31 AM

Jun 2021
Isekai. I've read Coutless. Droped many and until Only Sense Online does't gets adapted I'll try many!!!
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Mar 20, 2023 7:33 AM

Oct 2018
Harem, yaoi, mahou shoujo, sports and mecha

Fario-P said:
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 12 hours ago

17 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by palm-tree »»
6 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

18 by Memore »»
12 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
22 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by Phloup »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.