Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think about the score you'll give a series while you're watching it or after you finish it?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2021 3:52 AM

Feb 2021
I try to not think about the score while watching but it just involuntarily pops up in my head most of the time.
Dec 30, 2021 4:30 AM

May 2021
Well I like giving it after I complete it,
But stuff like takt op or ds, which r genuinely bad, I can't resist giving it a low score from the get-go or in the middlish...
Dec 30, 2021 4:43 AM

Apr 2020
I usually have an initial scores. If it's atleast watcheable even with a very generic boring story for 3-4 episodes, I atleast give it a "6". And depends on how the direction will be, be it the set-up, build-up, and /or handling of plot related stuff, it can go higher or lower than that every 4-5 episodes.
Anime having bad episodes doesn't affect my rating that much, as long as it's not story-ruining kind of bad, I'm cool with it.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Dec 30, 2021 4:56 AM

May 2020
There's usually always a score for a show in the back of my head while watching said show.

The more boring the show is, the more I think about the score. For most of my 7's, I usually only thought about the score after I finished the show but for anything 6 or below, I've usually already decided the score before the show ended.

For anything 8 and above, I usually wait until the last episode has ended to judge the entire thing.
Dec 30, 2021 5:29 AM

Aug 2021
unfortunately after joining MAL i do happen to think abt what score to give while watching a anime.. i wish i could stop that..
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Dec 30, 2021 8:08 AM
Feb 2021
I do the scoring after I finish a show so I can give an overall score of the entire thing than just one part.
MAL is like a secondary Reddit.
Dec 30, 2021 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
I sadly think about it while watching it, I try to not do that and even stopped rating seasonal series while they air, but in the end I know I have a score in my mind that changes as the episodes pass.
Dec 30, 2021 9:14 AM

Jul 2016
I think of an overall score after watching but I have a habit sussing out how an anime plays out from the first few episodes so I can mostly categorize "good" or "bad" off h bat.
Dec 30, 2021 9:31 AM

Mar 2016
If I've watched around 60-80% of it, I can give a score.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police šŸ˜«
Dec 30, 2021 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
Usually I do it after I've watched it (or dropped it). Sometimes I also change a score afterwards when I realize I was wrong about rewatchability for example. One such cases was TTGL. I think I had it as a 9 after the first watch and it slowly dropped down to 8 and then to 7 after I've tried rewatching it 2 separate times and didn't continue both times because I knew how much trash was still ahead of me and because I knew what a train wreck the ending is going to be.

Sometimes I also change scores simply because I've watched more stuff and I feel like the scores aren't representative anymore compared to the other stuff I've watched/read.
Dec 30, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2012
I don't think of what score I'll give it till I finish watching it although there are cases where I really liked something or something really pissed me off where I might rate it earlier, also if it's too long and still ongoing like Detective Conan then I'll give it a rating after having watched enough episodes.
Dec 30, 2021 2:03 PM

Mar 2020
I usually just rate an anime when I set it as completed.

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Jun 20, 2022 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Usually while watching. I pretty much rate an anime after the first few episodes.
Jun 20, 2022 9:35 AM

Feb 2020
I usually rate the show after the first episode and then I adjust the number later.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 6 hours ago

47 by TitanInsane »»
3 minutes ago

» Who are your allies in the anime industry/community?

Catalano - Today

24 by ShatteredSans »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

16 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

» Help me identify this anime!!

PUHPUHPUHPOWER - 6 minutes ago

0 by PUHPUHPUHPOWER »»
6 minutes ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

17 by Spunkert »»
9 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.