Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2021 10:27 AM
Aug 2018
The whole idea of an isekai is to have a character that has some personality or experience from before they were born into the new world, giving them an edge or advantage or matureness when dealing with others in some way.

Socially, MC is a little kid. Not one single time does him actually being +20 years onto whatever age he is, get taken into account. ESPECIALLY in times you think it would.

Raised by 3 people and not growing up with anyone? That explains why the MC gets easy emotional attachment to people he barely knows, and phrases things in such stupid ways such as in front of the king, right? OH WAIT, he lived in japan as a normal salary man for over 20 years, he shouldn't have that pitfall!

It's just weird. The way they have this character act, they should of just made it a fantasy genre and not an isekai. The isekai part is completely ignored in this and really truly doesn't work.

Dec 25, 2021 11:35 AM
Jun 2020
Yeah and he doesnt have a inner monolog like the normal isekak guys
Dec 25, 2021 12:01 PM
Aug 2017
Agreed, a waste. I like the fantasy part anyway. Too many Reincarnation anime lately.
Dec 25, 2021 12:05 PM
Oct 2008
Imho it is just to have more range because of isekai popularity. Totaly not needed, show is great regardless.
Dec 25, 2021 12:09 PM
Dec 2017
Yeah, the show is pretty badly thought out on multiple levels, and it is pretty boring as well, with mediocre characters. It doesn't make any sense, that this is an isekai, but the MC is as naive, as if he was a newborn, without previous experience.
The show is a 5 at best, but probably more like a 4.
Dec 25, 2021 10:28 PM
Aug 2021
Isn't that the whole point?? Mc had a monolog where he said he doesn't want to the person he was before soo he's actively trying to better himself in the new environment...I think it's a realistic approach for isekai..
Dec 26, 2021 5:48 AM
Jan 2017
Agreed, he mentions that he doesnt even remember his name, occupation or family. He only mentions his past life's regret and what it was, Isekais should have a clear link of who they were in their past life regardless of whether they try to run away from it or try to go back to it.

It would also be interesting since our world is scientifically advanced than most medieval isekai, im not just talking about smartphones or vehicles that have suspension that reduces rocking, trading mechanics, war mechanics etc. Just simple things like the mention of hygiene, the planet is round, hot air rises, ball bearings etc. (if Covid ever goes to that world, good luck, and if it does, can magic get rid of Covid?)

Regardless the show is pretty ok, not that bad.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Dec 26, 2021 2:18 PM
Jan 2018
I agree, personally I think it would be way better as just a fantasy, the isekai part is only relevant in only one or two little points in the beggining of the anime and here it only exists because the popularity of the genre.
Dec 27, 2021 5:06 AM

Aug 2020
because every new show MUST be an isekai, who would watch it if not? its honestly pissing me off that everything is an isekai, I jsut want a regular show at this point
Call me Ren
Dec 27, 2021 6:00 AM

Sep 2013
Render_1 said:
because every new show MUST be an isekai, who would watch it if not? its honestly pissing me off that everything is an isekai, I jsut want a regular show at this point

5 out of 50 shows were isekai this season, now what's your excuse?
Dec 27, 2021 10:58 PM
Jun 2021
rocketbeccs said:
Agreed, a waste. I like the fantasy part anyway. Too many Reincarnation anime lately.
"lately" you say... Hmmm interesting.
Dec 28, 2021 2:22 AM

May 2018
Render_1 said:

More like the industry doesn't think light novel will sell unless can they brand it as isekai.
And they are mostly right, unfortunately.
Dec 28, 2021 2:43 AM

Oct 2021
thread is kinda dumb. isekai is any story involving someone being relocated to another world via whatever means (summons, reincarnations, mind swaps, portals and etc)

anything beyond that are just trendy tropes relegated to their times of popularity and the isekai part as a plot point gets dropped a lot of times by their authors which is dumb but what u gotta do ''muh new mc is now a new person and has rejected the original world''
Jan 1, 2022 8:19 PM

Mar 2012
Perhaps as you enters the fantasy world it is easy to forget that is an Isekai. But I think it's important, because he wouldn't have met his goddess previously if he wasn't reincarnated! He wouldn't have refused to be undead, if he hadn't had the memories of the remorse he felt in his previous life. And finally, he was a hikkikomori, that further explains his low social ability! He was not a normal man without trauma who worked and had a family… he was alone and without contact beyond his parents. And he said that it was not a very good relationship.
Jan 2, 2022 9:11 AM

Jul 2011
I was wondering the same thing. The iseaki element feels weird, and it doesn't seem to play into his character. Honestly, this could have just been about three undead people who find a baby and raise it to be a hero or something.
Jan 3, 2022 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
I'm fairly certain that some elements were shoved in because editors demanded it or something. For instance, the fact that in every way Will is portrayed as feminine and a girl, but maybe he was changed to a guy to appease higher-ups for a shounen audience. The isekai element also seems forced in, I think the author must have wanted to do a fantasy story but was told to do isekai because it was popular.
Jan 4, 2022 1:57 PM

Jun 2019
SynapticBlast said:
For instance, the fact that in every way Will is portrayed as feminine and a girl

Apart from being voiced by a female seiyuu which is common for a lot of male characters in anime and animation in general, how so?
Jan 4, 2022 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
SynapticBlast said:
For instance, the fact that in every way Will is portrayed as feminine and a girl

Apart from being voiced by a female seiyuu which is common for a lot of male characters in anime and animation in general, how so?

Idk he's very pretty, has a feminine voice even compared to normal standards. The past life person was also ambiguously gendered. He isn't really referred to by pronouns. Has ambiguous clothing. I just see him as a cool female Knight tbh. I suppose it's a rare character archetype in anime. He doesn't have to be a woman to have feminine features I guess.
Jan 30, 2022 1:59 PM
Jun 2020
What does it even matter whether an isekai or not. I dont get what that even matters and yet people harp on it. This didnt really change anything in the anime so who cares
Jan 30, 2022 7:39 PM
Aug 2018
Foreall908 said:
What does it even matter whether an isekai or not. I dont get what that even matters and yet people harp on it. This didnt really change anything in the anime so who cares

... literally the whole point of the post bud

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

86 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.