Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tesla Note
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 21, 2021 4:15 AM
May 2021
I'm being honest here. I haven't watch tesla note. Obviously judging a particular show without simply watching it first is absolutely ridiculous. So my question is.... is it ok to assume that this show is trash according to the score? It's approximately 4! I can't even comprehend that. And basically there are other shows that is low in score too like scarlet nexus. I mean it's really sad to see the score on every anime is dropping this season. I just didn't feel to watch any low score anime or shows.
Dec 21, 2021 5:41 AM

Dec 2020
well, there's a reason on why that score is so low, wether you want to confirm it or not is up to you. it is pretty sad seeing these low scores tho, but i still think they deserve it. the ones ive seen at least
Dec 21, 2021 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
I mean. I don't really care if you want to do it or not. And it is sad the fact that many people hating on it and says it's second ex arm when it's better than ex arm a lot.
Dec 21, 2021 10:36 AM
Jun 2021
I think the main issue with Tesla Note is it's better than Ex Arm. The 3d animation is a bit better, the story is slightly more coherent and.... that's the issue. The best that can be said about Tesla Note is that it's better than Ex Arm.
Dec 22, 2021 11:25 AM

May 2019
Some pretty funny ECCHI shows are low scored, even 5.0s, because audience is too sensible with ecchi.

But this is not the case. Anything ranked lower than 4 or not being a controversial genre, you can safely assume: IT IS PURE GARBAGE, radioctive.

What is sad is that a terrible adaptation destroyed a series that in the hands of another studio, it could be around 7.0s. Same happened with Ex-Arm.

But BEWARE. If you know somebody here who says "MAL RANKING IS TRASH, I 10/10 A SERIES THAT HAS SCORE LOWER THAN 5”, block this creature.

When you radically disagrees with hundreds of thousands of people just like you, the problem is not with hundreds of thousands of other people...
Dec 22, 2021 4:55 PM
Oct 2015
You have to experience it before you make a verdict. Rest of other people is just opinion.
Dec 22, 2021 7:20 PM
Feb 2020
i don't really think it's worth it. There's plenty of other good shows to watch and not waste your time on.
Dec 26, 2021 11:51 AM
Feb 2016
It is sad. I mean this show got so much potential. Well, I did enjoy it until the end.
Dec 26, 2021 1:09 PM

Dec 2018
I'm not trying to say that MAL scores are completely useless, but they should be taken with a grain of salt (or a whole salt pig in some cases - different people, different meaning behind their ratings, taste, perception and reception). Don't let yourself be discouraged by the low score some series might have if you're curious about them, as you might genuinely enjoy them. Also, usually, the lower you go on the popularity scale in a season, the more prevalent the people that tend to use a wider range of scores become. (this is not the culprit here tou)

Tbh, I'm also guilty of branding a 4 on this series, yet I'd say it's perfectly watchable. The production aspects are subpar, but the manga's art style transitions quite well (the art in the manga is great btw; you could check it out, but not much of it is available in English). The script's less cohesive than Tiger & Bunny and the main plotline of the series falls short at times, but the dialogue is rather good. Sure, it has its issues, but I wouldn't even compare this series with the likes of Ex-Arm, Gibiate etc, etc. Just give it 3 eps and see for yourself. There are much higher-rated series even this season that I found completely dull or even unwatchable at times, yet this kept me entertained for its whole run. Sometimes I laughed at the jokes, with it, sometimes at some sketchy sequence of frames, at it. It might be just me. Who knows?
DomsaDec 26, 2021 1:16 PM
Dec 26, 2021 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Rob7 said:
Some pretty funny ECCHI shows are low scored, even 5.0s, because audience is too sensible with ecchi.

But this is not the case. Anything ranked lower than 4 or not being a controversial genre, you can safely assume: IT IS PURE GARBAGE, radioctive.

What is sad is that a terrible adaptation destroyed a series that in the hands of another studio, it could be around 7.0s. Same happened with Ex-Arm.

But BEWARE. If you know somebody here who says "MAL RANKING IS TRASH, I 10/10 A SERIES THAT HAS SCORE LOWER THAN 5”, block this creature.

When you radically disagrees with hundreds of thousands of people just like you, the problem is not with hundreds of thousands of other people...
Yeah XDDDD

At first I was intrigued by some series with low scores because of obscure people saying it is a "hidden gem" lol
Dec 27, 2021 12:45 PM
Oct 2019
I'm masochistic enough to have watched the whole thing. It's a not great show and has some strong B-Movie energy. The only reason it scored so low is the CGI though, it would have EASILY scored about 5.4 to 6.3 without the zoomer CGI hate-mob. Would not recommend unless you hate yourself
Dec 29, 2021 2:57 AM

Jul 2021
The only sad thing about it is that it was made. The cgi has nothing to do with it. Houseki no kuni is full 3d and has an 8.4!

This is just audiovisual cringe.
Dec 29, 2021 9:27 PM

Nov 2018
The only good thing about the show is the character models; they were actually pretty well done. Too bad they weren't well animated. And, y'know, the rest of it...
Dec 30, 2021 1:18 AM
Jan 2019
So I would take the overall MAL score with a grain of salt, looking at the unique ranking gives you a bit better picture imo. Good things can easily get burried by alot of 1s and bad things can just as easily be pushed up by alot of 10s (best example 4 that would probably be One Piece wich has its good score from a shitton of 10s which, by all accounts, it doesn't rlly deserve).
Scores give you a good general view of it though and it this case a score of 4 hits it pretty well imo. I am at episode 12 at the moment and while the characters were pretty fine (6-7), the story was boring and average at best (4-5) and the animation was absolutely dogshit (1), while still being better than Ex-Arm 4 some reason.
Hated the closeup face expression bits, that probably pulled it down 4 me a bit too.
Dec 30, 2021 8:26 AM

Oct 2017
It went up 1.01 points in a singular day and is still increasing. Most of the scores are coming from people who rated it 1 without properly watching the show and just watched an episode with intent to poorly rate it before they even watched 5 minutes of it, laughed at the poor level of CGI we never ever see again on that level, and act as if that's the entire show.
The story and characters are nowhere near bottom-tier for this season, it's actually mid-tier, and the story itself is very enjoyable.
Anime fans just have problems with anything that isn't Ufotable art or popular to praise. When you watch nothing but popular shows and then watch a non-popular show from a small studio for clout and try to treat it like it's supposed to be the next [insert mainstream anime], it's bound to get lots of low ratings because people don't seem to rate the story; only on animation, art, and whether or not they have a waifu*. I wouldn't take anyone's rating of this seriously if they haven't even watched (and appreciate) anime from studios that aren't mainstream or rich with ratings that aren't 7.5+.

These people can be summed up with "hurr durr cheap = spawn of satan". There is worse animation and art this season and/or plenty of flat stories and stereotypical characters, and those shows are actually getting praised A LOT. The catch is that they're unpopular and only rated by those who watch a lot of anime anyway, or only rated based on the above*. It's ironic. It just proves that popularity/clout is the only thing downvoting this show so abnormally. It may not look like a lot of votes, but that's how easily people can manipulate an unpopular show if people tell each other to watch it just to hate on it. It doesn't deserve a high score, but it doesn't deserve what essentially is a witch hunt, either.
BunilleDec 30, 2021 8:45 AM
Feb 20, 2022 5:41 PM

May 2020
hxh has a 9.0 score and its awful, so based on that u can assume that just because something has a low score doesnt make it bad, just as something having a high score doesnt make it good
Mar 20, 2022 10:43 PM
Jan 2022
Tesla Note is 100 times better than Ex-Arm as one who completely watch both I can confirm this
"I will work with an Efficient Devil, rather than working with an useless God"- Kanzen Rachit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

104 by Xenreia »»
Jan 9, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2021

16 by imblench »»
Jan 1, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

12 by RiskyCat »»
May 31, 2022 12:18 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2021

23 by smoodflamez »»
Feb 8, 2022 4:17 AM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

10 by FMmatron »»
Jan 27, 2022 5:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.