Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 10, 2021 12:27 PM
Jan 2019
tell your thoughts when your first started this series

my brother convinced me to watch it back when it only had 8 episodes and the rest is history
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2021 12:36 PM
May 2021
mydaddy said:

my brother convinced me to watch it back when it only had 8 episodes and the rest is history
I was into it since I started it because all anime was awesome to me cause it was one of my first ones lol. I binged season 1 then a little later watched the ovas and watched season 2 and diaries as they aired.
Nov 10, 2021 12:36 PM
Jan 2021
Nah, season one was good, it’s been Going downhill since then
Nov 10, 2021 12:37 PM
May 2021
KeenanA said:
how so? (Character limit)
Nov 10, 2021 12:46 PM
Jan 2021
BP3 said:
KeenanA said:

first season was something new and decently entertaining as a show to just turn your brain of to, after that it just got repetitive and the characters became more and more generic
by now the entire plot is basically main squad fights ppl and win or lose and either way the mc comes and fucking destroys the enemy, then the enemy for some reason just forgives him and join his village and start simping for him, its dumb
Nov 10, 2021 12:56 PM
Feb 2020
I started this series back in the day when the web novel was being translated
and the title grabbed my attention (as in the MC being isekai'ed into a slime) so I read it and fell in love with that world, was quite happy that the anime adaptation became a thing

Now if only Re:Monster would get an anime adaptation that would be great :P (as it also has a MC that gets isekai'ed into a monster and builds a place to be)
Nov 10, 2021 1:01 PM
May 2021
KeenanA said:
BP3 said:

first season was something new and decently entertaining as a show to just turn your brain of to, after that it just got repetitive and the characters became more and more generic
by now the entire plot is basically main squad fights ppl and win or lose and either way the mc comes and fucking destroys the enemy, then the enemy for some reason just forgives him and join his village and start simping for him, its dumb
I don't see it lol (limit)
Nov 10, 2021 1:08 PM
Jan 2021
BP3 said:
KeenanA said:

personal opinion i guess
Nov 10, 2021 1:09 PM
May 2021
KeenanA said:
BP3 said:

personal opinion i guess
I guess so lol have a good day
Nov 10, 2021 1:16 PM

Feb 2021
KeenanA said:

Agree, s2 is reakky repetitive with the meeting scene and really going slow.
Nov 10, 2021 1:34 PM
Feb 2021
KeenanA said:
BP3 said:

you definitely didn’t watch the show.
Nov 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2019
Yeah, this particular season offered one of the worst war arcs I have ever seen, so the series has just run off the mill.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 10, 2021 1:42 PM
Jan 2021
Rembe said:
KeenanA said:

oooooorrrrrr just mabye... i had a different opinion than you(:
Nov 10, 2021 1:54 PM
Feb 2021
KeenanA said:
Rembe said:

it’s not your opinion why I’m saying this, it’s because your whole opinion only sums up s1 not s2 ;)
Nov 10, 2021 2:15 PM
Mar 2021
mydaddy said:

It was in my recommendation after Re:Zero, and I honestly thought I'd not ike it but I was pleasantly surprised. I might even go so far to say that I like Slime more than Re:Zero sometimes. I think it's because Slime is very unpretentious about what it is, and evry other aspect of it - the music, the animation, the voice acting - are very well done.
Nov 10, 2021 2:34 PM

Apr 2020
mydaddy said:
When I just started watching it, it was really good, and I found this anime very interesting.
Nov 10, 2021 3:35 PM
Aug 2018
mydaddy said:

started this when it was airing the first season its good.
Nov 10, 2021 4:32 PM
Nov 2020
I really like the first season, but the second one didn’t hit like the first.
Nov 10, 2021 5:17 PM
Feb 2021
I had no faith when I started this show. I thought the premise was ridiculous and that it would bomb. Boy was I wrong, this show is fantastic! All the characters are enjoyable to watch, the plot is fun. I can't wait for the movie.
Nov 10, 2021 6:00 PM

Nov 2020
´´Dont just a book by its cover´´? It doesnt suit for Tensura at all. The series in general has kept the same tone and despite there can be tough moments like Rimuru change after Falmuth invasion, its still being the story about nation and world building with a cast of characters that is growing more and more.

The story has still much to offer, and definitely is worth waiting for it.
Nov 10, 2021 6:03 PM
Jun 2021
mydaddy said:

The First Season is Okay but nothing special. Second season first cut is good, so good. The second cut of the second season is just a trash.
Nov 10, 2021 6:31 PM
Feb 2021
I like this series, but tbh I feel like it's pretty easy to "judge by its cover". I feel like within the isekei genre, this one doesn't break any new ground.

You've got an earnest and OP protagonist who wins over everyone without really trying. The MC always wins every instance of struggle. There are a bunch if big tiddie side characters who love the MC. Then there is the trope that the MC also always saves everyone. The stakes are so low...Tbh i think Gobte is the only unique part of this anime, and it's not close.

I still enjoy it and it's a solid 8/10 for me, due to the animation, score, VAs, and direction. But it's anything but unique.
Nov 10, 2021 8:31 PM
Jun 2021
i love this anime so much, like at first i thought this is going to be bad bc of the name of the show, i mean reincarnated as a slime is kinda u know but who knows i would addicted to this slime anime. can't wait fot next seasonnn!!
Nov 11, 2021 2:00 AM
Mar 2021
everything even the ovas are amaizing but the season 2 part 2 was a little disappointing but its still pretty good.
Nov 11, 2021 2:15 AM
Jul 2016
I agree with the “don’t judge it from the cover”. I heard about the title during the production of the first season and the premise didn’t interested me. Then, I started watching it this year catching up first season + part 1 of season 2 and I became addicted with the show. I don’t mind the overpowering, I care more for the comedy.

I watched season 2 part 2 in simulcast and I admit that it was different from what I have expected. The pace was slower than previous episodes. Maybe it was because I watch season 1 and part 1 in 2 days, while in simulcast I had to wait each week.

Recently I started reading the novels and manga, and I found out that part 2 was a very faithful adaptation of the novel, that’s why it was slow (one volume in 12 episodes, in others anime they make 3 episodes per volume).

So, I really like this show mainly for its comedy. I read up to volume 12 of the novel and there are quite funny moments.
Nov 11, 2021 4:02 AM
Aug 2021
this season has one of the worst antagonists I have seen in a long time 😔
Nov 11, 2021 7:50 AM
Jan 2021
Rembe said:
KeenanA said:

it’s not your opinion why I’m saying this, it’s because your whole opinion only sums up s1 not s2 ;)

nah bro, learn to read, i was saying that season one was entertaining and after that i was just talking bout how shit s1 p1 and p2 where(:
Nov 11, 2021 7:51 AM
Feb 2021
KeenanA said:
Rembe said:

nah bro, learn to read, i was saying that season one was entertaining and after that i was just talking bout how shit s1 p1 and p2 where(:
oh I forgot about that first part mb :)
Nov 11, 2021 7:55 AM
Jan 2021
Rembe said:
KeenanA said:

oh I forgot about that first part mb :)

(;

(15 character limit)
Nov 11, 2021 8:02 AM

Feb 2020
Cover doesnt look like a generic harem isekai at all
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 11, 2021 10:02 AM
Jan 2019
Adampk said:
Cover doesnt look like a generic harem isekai at all
when i said dont juge a book by its cover i meant the name of the anime
Nov 11, 2021 10:08 AM

Jul 2020
KeenanA said:
BP3 said:

Yeah, the first season provided some decent character introduction and development in any isekai I've seen. Then, all of the main cast turned one dimensional serving only RiMuRu Sama. Season 2 part 1 was decent cuz there was development in terms of plot. While Season 2 part 2 was a waste of time.
Mistify01 said:

Heavily agree. Never have been frustrated at a random antagonist ever.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 11, 2021 10:01 PM

Feb 2017
DoobieSam said:
I like this series, but tbh I feel like it's pretty easy to "judge by its cover". I feel like within the isekei genre, this one doesn't break any new ground.

You've got an earnest and OP protagonist who wins over everyone without really trying. The MC always wins every instance of struggle. There are a bunch if big tiddie side characters who love the MC. Then there is the trope that the MC also always saves everyone. The stakes are so low...Tbh i think Gobte is the only unique part of this anime, and it's not close.

I still enjoy it and it's a solid 8/10 for me, due to the animation, score, VAs, and direction. But it's anything but unique.

Ive never seen the MC saving everyone tho

on the contrary, everything went downhill as soon as the MC was born in that world

according to Great Sage in Anime Season 1, due to the disappearance of Veldora (the MC devoured him) all the stronger monsters started to prey on the weaker monsters

the whole Jura Forest was in chaos since then...Direwolves tried to take over the Jura Forest by massacring the Goblins, many Goblins got killed

also due to the disappearance of Veldora, some Demon Lords tried to take over the Jura Forest via the Orc Lord project. those Demon Lords pushed the Orc Tribes into starvation on purpose so that the Orc Lord would be born in the process...and it obviously caused numerous Orcs died in starvation

the MC messed with the power balance in the Jura Forest by casually devouring Veldora

in other words the Orges (Shion, Benny, Shuna etc) lost their families and village due to the MC's action lmao

the MC killed the Direwolves leader and dozens of Direwolves

dont forget that the MC and his army killed 50k of Orcs in the War againts the Orc Lord and his army, the MC never saved everyone. later on the MC also killed 20k of Falmuth army (humans)

Ever heard of "To obtain something of equal value must be lost"? I think this is Exactly what the MC always does in the story
Lab_Rat_0978Nov 11, 2021 10:09 PM
Nov 11, 2021 10:14 PM
Feb 2021
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
DoobieSam said:

on the contrary, everything went downhill as soon as the MC was born in that world

according to Great Sage in Anime Season 1, due to the disappearance of Veldora (the MC devoured him) all the stronger monsters started to prey on the weaker monsters

the whole Jura Forest was in chaos since then...Direwolves tried to take over the Jura Forest by massacring the Goblins, many Goblins got killed

also due to the disappearance of Veldora, some Demon Lords tried to take over the Jura Forest via the Orc Lord project. those Demon Lords pushed the Orc Tribes into starvation on purpose so that the Orc Lord would be born in the process...and it obviously caused numerous Orcs died in starvation

the MC messed with the power balance in the Jura Forest by casually devouring Veldora

in other words the Orges (Shion, Benny, Shuna etc) lost their families and village due to the MC's action lmao

dont forget that the MC and his army killed 50k of Orcs in the War againts the Orc Lord and his army, the MC never saved everyone. later on the MC also killed 20k of Falmuth army (humans)

Ever heard of "To obtain something of equal value must be lost"? I think this is Exactly what the MC always does in the story

By "saving everyone" I was referring to every character that is on the side of the MC. I wasn't talking about there being Zero death in the show...but I guess you could interpret what I said in that way.
Nov 11, 2021 10:27 PM

Feb 2017
KeenanA said:
BP3 said:

thats mainly cuz most of the monsters follow the rule, "survival of the fittest" or "follow the strong"

the MC didnt kill em and even forgave em first so no wonder the survived monsters would simp on him right there and then lol

but the same method might not work on mankind tho, as an example when the MC got scammed by the prime minister of Blumund Kingdom. humans are crafty, the MC cant subdue em by simply using Raw power...cuz you know, they most likely would hold grudges and planned to stab the MC in the back later on

there's also the fact that most of monsters (except high-level ones) are incapable of lying,
mid to low level monsters will die when theyre saying bullshit

meanwhile all humans can lie as easily as breathing
Nov 11, 2021 10:37 PM

Feb 2017
DoobieSam said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

By "saving everyone" I was referring to every character that is on the side of the MC. I wasn't talking about there being Zero death in the show...but I guess you could interpret what I said in that way.

my bad,
when you said "saving everyone"

I thought you're referring to someone like naruto,
not only he could save everyone on his side he could also save his enemies and even be besties with em lol
Nov 11, 2021 10:58 PM

Jan 2021
1st season started good but then it quickly became apparent that the characters in this show are hallow shells with nothing interesting about them or any real development. The Story is okay though nothing special, I did like the fight scene in the first part of season 2 but outside that it's trash.

Clayman was a massive fail as a antagonist, what a waste of build up that was just for him to be useless.

Overall I see a show in decline on quality but it wasn't exactly there to begin with.
Nov 11, 2021 11:05 PM

May 2021
Yeah it is for sure, I thought that I was going to get something interesting and ended up sleeping through 3 episodes till I dropped

Nov 12, 2021 1:50 AM
Dec 2017
At first I thought it's just a simple isekai plot with nothing much to offer. There would be stupid slime tropes and everything. Then I watched 10 episodes and boy what an amazing show this was. I couldn't wait for next episode so I read the web novel. And beleive me what a well written novel it has.
Nov 12, 2021 5:06 AM
Jan 2021
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
KeenanA said:

thats mainly cuz most of the monsters follow the rule, "survival of the fittest" or "follow the strong"

the MC didnt kill em and even forgave em first so no wonder the survived monsters would simp on him right there and then lol

but the same method might not work on mankind tho, as an example when the MC got scammed by the prime minister of Blumund Kingdom. humans are crafty, the MC cant subdue em by simply using Raw power...cuz you know, they most likely would hold grudges and planned to stab the MC in the back later on

there's also the fact that most of monsters (except high-level ones) are incapable of lying,

ye, what your saying is true and i knew that, but that doesnt make it less repetitive and generic
Nov 13, 2021 2:37 AM

Feb 2017
KeenanA said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

ye, what your saying is true and i knew that, but that doesnt make it less repetitive and generic

for example?

apparently you didnt really pay attention to the story, rimuru never messed with the people and the people never messed with rimuru just for the sake of messing with him either

also, most of the events up until now

the "war" among direwolves, goblins, lizardmen, orges, orcs,
and especially the demon lords plot (clayman, karion, milim and frey) with the orc lord project

all happened at the same time. and its all due to a certain reason that is the disappearance of veldora. rimuru basically shook the power balance in the Jura Forest by eating veldora

btw the orc tribes were in starvation cuz the demon lords plot as well, it didnt happen naturally.
the demon lords wanted to create a situation that would allow the orc lord to be born. once again, its all due to the disappearance of veldora

as for falmuth kingdom situation, theyre in an economic crisis due to the rising of monster city tempest. they never planned to mess with rimuru just for the sake of messing with him either

"without saying hello" a monster city with full of intelligent monsters popped up out of nowhere and basically took over all the trading hubs from em lol
Lab_Rat_0978Nov 13, 2021 3:08 AM
Nov 13, 2021 4:01 AM
Jan 2021
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
KeenanA said:

for example?

apparently you didnt really pay attention to the story, rimuru never messed with the people and the people never messed with rimuru just for the sake of messing with him either

also, most of the events up until now

the "war" among direwolves, goblins, lizardmen, orges, orcs,
and especially the demon lords plot (clayman, karion, milim and frey) with the orc lord project

all happened at the same time. and its all due to a certain reason that is the disappearance of veldora. rimuru basically shook the power balance in the Jura Forest by eating veldora

btw the orc tribes were in starvation cuz the demon lords plot as well, it didnt happen naturally.
the demon lords wanted to create a situation that would allow the orc lord to be born. once again, its all due to the disappearance of veldora

as for falmuth kingdom situation, theyre in an economic crisis due to the rising of monster city tempest. they never planned to mess with rimuru just for the sake of messing with him either

"without saying hello" a monster city with full of intelligent monsters popped up out of nowhere and basically took over all the trading hubs from em lol

what the are you talking bout? yeah, i know what happens in the story, that doesnt mean i have to like it
Nov 28, 2021 5:37 AM

May 2011
True lol I thought this was a silly isekai comedy before I watched it based on the title and how popular it was, but it turned out far better and more serious than I initially thought. I still do not like certain like certain elements along with how some characters are portrayed, and I would put it below overlord, but it is still a decent show regardless that I am glad to watch. The story and world building is mostly well made. Too bad it goes PC & unrealistic in some parts due to being a modern anime. It could have been much greater. Oh well.
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Dec 2, 2021 4:33 AM
Jan 2020
mydaddy said:

I just discovered this in a certain pirated site when its still airing and the rest is history.
Mehehehee
Dec 2, 2021 4:37 AM
Jan 2020
KeenanA said:
nah... season 2 is a phenomenal because of season 1 Advertisement. Cauze 96% of watcher here are readers of this series. And you wont surprise why there's a lot of facking spoilers every where when someone mentions Tensura.
Mehehehee
Dec 2, 2021 4:38 AM
Jan 2020
KeenanA said:
BP3 said:

why not try reading the source material. (Im pretty sure that rimuru wants unity to all races and its his duty to protect anyone under his wings. By retaliating, he asserts his dominance to end the fight as early as possible and prevent more bloodshed. monster follows this mentality "follow the strongest" since rimuru is fit in that category the strongest, enemies has no other choice plus rimuru is kind enough soo... that's that. 2023)
JeehenOct 30, 2023 10:31 AM
Mehehehee
Dec 2, 2021 4:43 AM
Jan 2020
PateKing said:
mydaddy said:

The First Season is Okay but nothing special. Second season first cut is good, so good. The second cut of the second season is just a trash.
bruh... nothing especial? There's a ton of set up and hint for upcoming arc. The meettng between Leon and Guy. The Duke elf. And the Summoned children's. And etc...
Mehehehee
Dec 2, 2021 4:46 AM
Jan 2020
Mistify01 said:
JeehenOct 30, 2023 10:36 AM
Mehehehee
Dec 2, 2021 4:51 AM
Jan 2020
dabdabgoose said:
1st season started good but then it quickly became apparent that the characters in this show are hallow shells with nothing interesting about them or any real development. The Story is okay though nothing special, I did like the fight scene in the first part of season 2 but outside that it's trash.

Clayman was a massive fail as a antagonist, what a waste of build up that was just for him to be useless.

Overall I see a show in decline on quality but it wasn't exactly there to begin with.
Clayman is just a Cocky Antagonist. Dont judge the book by its cover. That's why he died. All the build was worth.
JeehenOct 30, 2023 10:38 AM
Mehehehee
Jan 28, 2022 2:34 PM

Jun 2015
I only started to watch bcz baka milim clips on yt. Quite disappointed how little screen time she gets. But I already knew that. Don't even like op mc isekai much so went in with very low expectations. Just to watch milim. Maybe bcz if that I enjoyed it.
KeenanA said:
BP3 said:

that is literally what happens in the 1st season as well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2021

174 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 1, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2021

125 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 28, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2021

189 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 27, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2021

115 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 26, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2021

133 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 24, 5:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.