Forum Settings
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 5, 2021 3:03 PM

Jan 2018
I recently discovered the manga Girigiri out about a frustrating fetish. And although I really love Shadows House, now I just can't enjoy it the same way as I used to. You could call it a disappointment. Has anyone experienced something like that? How can I get over it?
Hastur147Nov 5, 2021 3:51 PM
Nov 5, 2021 5:22 PM

Sep 2020
Stop being judgemental and accept that authors, like every single human for that matter, has multiple faces.
You certainly can't expect that all comic artists will only draw things that will please you.
Nov 5, 2021 6:00 PM
Apr 2021
just by simply looking at the cover and the premise of the series, i could say i'd be somewhat disappointed too. but why would you let that affect your experience with shadows house??

girigiri out and SH is absolutely the total opposite of each other and as long as the writing and execution is drastically different, which i'm very certain about, then you should have no problem with reading the latter.

that has happened to me as well but honestly, you should probably just let that disappoinment go. as the user above me said, authors and artists won't just create anything that would actually suit the preference of the mass. heck, i even saw some write things with undoubtedly questionable elements.

but hey, won't you agree that soumatou has substantially improved and changed since that atrocity of a manga?
Nov 5, 2021 6:44 PM

Oct 2018
what were you expecting? If you want something similar to shadows house by the same author read Kuro. An author's other works shouldn't impact your enjoyment on another one

Nov 6, 2021 2:17 AM

Jan 2018
yukiluvr said:
just by simply looking at the cover and the premise of the series, i could say i'd be somewhat disappointed too. but why would you let that affect your experience with shadows house??

Sorry, I guess I'm just too sensitive. I totally didn't expect there to be such a different manga between SH and Kuro, so this caught me off guard. But you're right, Soumatou has become so much better.
Nov 6, 2021 2:31 AM

Jan 2018
G1llette said:
what were you expecting? If you want something similar to shadows house by the same author read Kuro. An author's other works shouldn't impact your enjoyment on another one

It was a moment of disappointment in the author himself, not the manga. I know it's wrong, but as I wrote above, I'm too impressionable. I needed to share these thoughts and see what others thought of it. This is the first time I've experienced something like this.
Nov 6, 2021 3:37 AM

Sep 2020
yukiluvr said:

girigiri out and SH is absolutely the total opposite of each other and as long as the writing and execution is drastically different, which i'm very certain about, then you should have no problem with reading the latter.

that has happened to me as well but honestly, you should probably just let that disappoinment go. as the user above me said, authors and artists won't just create anything that would actually suit the preference of the mass. heck, i even saw some write things with undoubtedly questionable elements.

but hey, won't you agree that soumatou has substantially improved and changed since that atrocity of a manga?

While you make some great points in your post, I feel like you're going out of line with you last sentence.
Has Soumatou has improved since Girigiri Out? Yes, undoubtedly.
Has Soumatou changed since Girigiri Out? No, and there's no reason to think that; Kuro and Shadows House are just other expressions of their artistry.
And to conclude: Girigiri Out is just a just a light-minded fetish comedy so I feel that calling it an ''atrocity of manga'' is seriously uncalled for.
AvveniristaNov 6, 2021 9:48 AM
Nov 6, 2021 4:42 AM
Apr 2021
Avvenirista said:
yukiluvr said:

While you make some great points in your posts, I feel like you're going out of line with you last sentence.
Has Soumatou changed since Girigiri Out? No, and there's no reason to think that; Kuro and Shadows House are just other expressions of their artistry.
And to conclude: Girigiri Out is just a just a light-minded fetish comedy so I feel that calling it an ''atrocity of manga'' is seriously uncalled for.

'atrocity' yeah sorry wrong choice of words! i just wanted to point out that because of kuro and shadows house, they'd probably be writing more of the same genre, thus, they 'changed'. didn't intend to make it sound like anything else

also, i assumed that girigiri out was actually really bad based on the user who was apparently really disappointed enough to the extent that it already affects their impression on shadows house and soumatou..
yukiluvrNov 6, 2021 4:47 AM
Nov 6, 2021 12:22 PM

Sep 2020
yukiluvr said:
Avvenirista said:

While you make some great points in your posts, I feel like you're going out of line with you last sentence.

'atrocity' yeah sorry wrong choice of words! i just wanted to point out that because of kuro and shadows house, they'd probably be writing more of the same genre, thus, they 'changed'. didn't intend to make it sound like anything else

also, i assumed that girigiri out was actually really bad based on the user who was apparently really disappointed enough to the extent that it already affects their impression on shadows house and soumatou..

It's nothing more than an inoffensive comedy fetish manga with a romance between the protagonist and the heroine (the subject of the fetish).
The manga is not distressing unless you're hypersensitive.
Nov 14, 2021 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
Why disappointed though? It's not author's fault you imagined him to be someone else. I skimmed through the first chapter of the manga you mentioned, but I couldn't care less about it and dropped. The manga didn't interest me, and if I were to stumble upon it randomly, I wouldn't care less. On the contrary, the same author wrote "Kuro" which has many similarities to the "Shadows house" and I think is much more eerie and disturbing... In other words, it's a very good manga. Go read Kuro instead.

HECK, there are authors who made crazy hentai (even loli hentai), but gifted us something as amazing as "Kobayashi's dragon maid". Am I disappointed that the creator of adorable Kanna draws loli hentai? Nah... The author doesn't mix two worlds.

Same here! Worry not, the show is loved and even got the anime adaptation for a reason. There are no fetishes here! So, just forget that manga (one you mentioned) exists, and enjoy the shadows house!
Nov 15, 2021 8:57 AM

Jan 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Why disappointed though? It's not author's fault you imagined him to be someone else. I skimmed through the first chapter of the manga you mentioned, but I couldn't care less about it and dropped. The manga didn't interest me, and if I were to stumble upon it randomly, I wouldn't care less. On the contrary, the same author wrote "Kuro" which has many similarities to the "Shadows house" and I think is much more eerie and disturbing... In other words, it's a very good manga. Go read Kuro instead.

HECK, there are authors who made crazy hentai (even loli hentai), but gifted us something as amazing as "Kobayashi's dragon maid". Am I disappointed that the creator of adorable Kanna draws loli hentai? Nah... The author doesn't mix two worlds.

Same here! Worry not, the show is loved and even got the anime adaptation for a reason. There are no fetishes here! So, just forget that manga (one you mentioned) exists, and enjoy the shadows house!

Yes, I really had a slightly different impression of the author. Just couldn't help but voice my worries. I don't know how to properly expand my thought...
I looked at some of the Kobayashi author's dojinshi and they look like something he might have drawn. Girigiri, on the other hand, I discovered already after reading SH and Kuro. It was so very different from those works, not to mention this unpleasant fetish, that I was even shocked at first.
I don't read that much manga. Maybe such different works from the same author is a common occurrence.
I definitely won't stop reading Shadows House, really love this manga.
Nov 15, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2013
Hastur147 said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Yes, I really had a slightly different impression of the author. Just couldn't help but voice my worries. I don't know how to properly expand my thought...
I looked at some of the Kobayashi author's dojinshi and they look like something he might have drawn. Girigiri, on the other hand, I discovered already after reading SH and Kuro. It was so very different from those works, not to mention this unpleasant fetish, that I was even shocked at first.
I don't read that much manga. Maybe such different works from the same author is a common occurrence.
I definitely won't stop reading Shadows House, really love this manga.

Even the most respectable people likely have secrets (fetishes) that would make us disappointed, I think. I think many simply keep those to themselves for the rest of their lives (for a reason lol). Some, this author, decided to make a manga about it. I think there's nothing wrong in his freedom of expression, thought that's simply my opinion. I do understand your pov though. I would also be shocked if my favorite celebrity (for instance) was found doing shady stuff. Though it depends on the level of "shady stuff" I think. I skimmed through just 1 chapter so I can't tell what happens later, but I think it's not something that would ruin my image of the author. After all, it's not like we know him/her on a personal level, right? So it's hard to judge...
Nov 19, 2021 5:36 AM

Dec 2012
Cmon bro, I was expecting something really bad and it's just a harmless fetish if you can even call it that.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 21, 2021 7:55 PM

Mar 2015
"how dare my favorite author write something i didn't like, REEEEEEEEEEE"
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 21, 2021 8:42 PM

May 2016
LOL, don't worry, it is completely normal that not all works by an author are to your liking and that you feel disappointed or frustrated is completely natural. I suppose you had not read enough manga because it happens to all of us. Shadow House is very good, just keep reading and you will get over it.
Nov 24, 2021 8:34 AM

Jan 2018
Kuma said:

Yep, that was exactly my first reaction. It can't be helped.
Nov 24, 2021 8:47 AM

Jan 2018
LastLuminescence said:
LOL, don't worry, it is completely normal that not all works by an author are to your liking and that you feel disappointed or frustrated is completely natural. I suppose you had not read enough manga because it happens to all of us. Shadow House is very good, just keep reading and you will get over it.

As I wrote to the user above, I don't read that much manga. Usually I'm anime only. At the time, I was afraid that the author might use this fetish in the next chapters of SH. But I had already reached ch115 and I'm very glad that nothing like that happened. I'm relieved.
Nov 24, 2021 3:52 PM

Mar 2015
Hastur147 said:
Kuma said:

Yep, that was exactly my first reaction. It can't be helped.
wait until you discover lot other manga artist draw fucked up hentai.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 24, 2021 5:08 PM
Dec 2017
Oh no, peoples work style and personalties change over time shocking i know.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Chapter 191 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Mar 29

1 by Andrete »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Chapter 192 Discussion

UaEfAlCoN83 - Apr 6

0 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
Apr 6, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Chapter 190 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Mar 29

0 by LastLuminescence »»
Mar 29, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Chapter 189 Discussion

UaEfAlCoN83 - Mar 8

3 by LastLuminescence »»
Mar 14, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Chapter 188 Discussion

CQLLIST - Mar 10

3 by LastLuminescence »»
Mar 14, 8:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.