Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2021 7:13 PM
Dec 2017
Hey there Zeptograms!!! you know this thread was going to come!!! and today we're all going to share our love of The World Ends With You!!

For those who don't know about the series.

In the story, protagonist Neku Sakuraba and his allies are forced to participate in an event called the Reapers' Game, a week-long competition that will determine their fate. The battle system utilizes many of the unique features of the Nintendo DS, including combat that takes place on both screens, and attacks performed by certain motions on the touchscreen or by shouting into the microphone. Elements of Japanese youth culture, such as fashion, food, and cell phones, are key aspects of the missions and character progression.

The story, its really great, the character development,interactions between partners as well as the the themes of death as well as having a second chance and extreme introversion its just very interesting to engage in.

The gameplay, its as stylish as the art and visuals itself and the music, the music just listen for yourself and see how really great it is. I really like how customizable the pins are based on your preferences as well as being able to use them for tin pin slammer. It was really meant for the ds system and i've spent literally hundreds of hours playing this game.

Overall, its really one of the best Square Enix JRPGS ever to be made and to anyone else who has played the game, what are your thoughts on it?
Disapeared_GhostOct 24, 2021 7:25 PM

Oct 24, 2021 7:15 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
The World Ends With You is my favorite Nintendo DS game of all time.
I love everything about it—the music, the gameplay, the characters, the style, the humor—no amount of words can describe how much I love it.
Oct 24, 2021 7:19 PM

May 2018
game that tries a lot and nailed everything

gameplay, story, characters, soundtrack, i think i love everything about it
MilluferOct 24, 2021 7:22 PM

Oct 24, 2021 7:21 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
The World Ends With You is my favorite Nintendo DS game of all time. I love everything about it, no amount of words can describe how much I love it.

Y'know something, i really like this kind of style i went with, for my favorite video game appreciation thread series. And i'll really stick with this kind of style to showcase my passion for my favorite video games i make on this section.

And indeed, this video game honestly means a huge amount to me and i really love this game with all my heart and i am so incredibly glad, to have played this game and as the prince would say.

F THIS GAME TO HIGH HEAVEN!!!

Oct 24, 2021 7:22 PM
Dec 2017
Monophillium said:

That forum sig is really great btw.

Oct 24, 2021 7:26 PM

May 2018
Crow_Black said:
Monophillium said:

That forum sig is really great btw.

thank u

that chuuya sig is zetta cool too

Oct 24, 2021 7:27 PM
Dec 2017
Monophillium said:
thank u

Thanks!!! i took inspiration from Fario's forum sig mixing TWEWY and Angel Beats and made my own style to it by using the graffiti seen in TWEWY but with Chuuya on it.

Oct 24, 2021 7:31 PM

May 2018
Crow_Black said:
Monophillium said:
thank u

Thanks!!! i took inspiration from Fario's forum sig mixing TWEWY and Angel Beats and made my own style to it by using the graffiti seen in TWEWY but with Chuuya on it.

i knew it was cat's grafitti, the monochrome theme fits the background and him well

Oct 24, 2021 7:33 PM
Dec 2017
Monophillium said:
Crow_Black said:

i knew it was cat's grafitti, the monochrome theme fits the background and him well

I think i should change my username to monocrow some time in the future as part of me and Fario's plan on spreading the gospel of edge known as TWEWY.

Oct 24, 2021 7:39 PM

May 2018
Crow_Black said:
Monophillium said:

I think i should change my username to monocrow some time in the future as part of me and Fario's plan on spreading the gospel of edge known as TWEWY.

sounds rad
let me in on it

Oct 24, 2021 7:43 PM
Dec 2017
Monophillium said:
Crow_Black said:

sounds rad
let me in on it

Oh yeah!! do change your name to monocrow and lol let the confusion of crows begin!!

XD

You did it lets go!!!!
Disapeared_GhostOct 24, 2021 7:53 PM

Oct 24, 2021 7:51 PM

May 2018
Crow_Black said:
Monophillium said:

sounds rad
let me in on it

Oh yeah!! do change your name to monocrow and lol let the confusion of crows begin!!

XD

Anything to get more people into twewy

Oct 24, 2021 8:04 PM

Feb 2016

I remember this part. I remember it wasn't in the anime.

Crow_Black said:

I've played TWEWY yet I have no idea what you mean by this.
その目だれの目?
Oct 24, 2021 8:04 PM
Dec 2017
Lucifrost said:

Crow_Black said:

I've played TWEWY yet I have no idea what you mean by this.

Monocrow, is the name of fashion brand in the second game.

Oct 24, 2021 8:12 PM

Feb 2016
Oh, I see. I'm doing my best to try and forget the 2nd game.
その目だれの目?
Oct 24, 2021 8:41 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
That whole exchange with Crow_Black and Monophillium Monocrow was just as wholesome as TWEWY ended up being.

Lucifrost said:

Same here, The Animation simply didn't have the balls to adapt this

...yes I'm still so zetta salty about how the anime adaptation ended up why do you ask lol
Oct 24, 2021 8:41 PM

May 2018
Lucifrost said:
Oh, I see. I'm doing my best to try and forget the 2nd game.

whats wrong with the second game?

Oct 24, 2021 8:43 PM

Feb 2016
Oct 24, 2021 9:23 PM

May 2018

While I agree the original game is much better than the sequel, NEO by itself isnt a bad game. Story is decent, it follows a kid who doesn't really care much for others other than his online friend (probably a relatable topic nowadays) with some other colorful cast of characters, including the returning ones as well. And as usual, it left much room for interpretation,which i dont think is necessarily a bad thing.

Now for the battle system, it felt really uninspired compared to its prequel. You can use the pins strategically or just, spam them mindlessly, which for the latter, i dont think gets punished enough for doing rather than mixing up attack to build more grooves while managing the cooldown.

The world, or should i say the city, transitioned well into a 3d style. It kept some original elements from the first game and added & changed some.

Overall, while it doesnt went above and beyond the game that started it all, it is still a good game in my book.

well its all in my opinion at least, who knows, maybe im wrong. im a sucker for this series after all.

Oct 26, 2021 4:11 PM

Aug 2018
back in the days, I always hated how the mc looked so it never crossed my mind to play this
Oct 26, 2021 4:40 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Kled11 said:
back in the days, I always hated how the mc looked so it never crossed my mind to play this
That's a shame, did you ever change your mind?
Oct 27, 2021 4:41 AM

Aug 2018
Fario-P said:
Kled11 said:
That's a shame, did you ever change your mind?
Nope, but I don't really like anime(ish) games in general so I'll pass
Apr 19, 2022 12:08 PM
Dec 2017
Bumping this thread, as i got a couple of twewy figures i'm saving for my bday.

May 14, 2022 6:11 PM
Dec 2017
The anniversary is coming in a couple of months.........

THE POWER IS FORVER YET UNKNOWN!!

May 20, 2022 9:36 PM

Jul 2013
Because I don't approve of Square Enix's methods, I'll be buying their games used or second hand. I know exactly what they did in 2020 which is still unforgivable.
May 21, 2022 1:11 PM

Apr 2022
I absolutely LOVED that game!!! I spent so much time trying to get all the badges, filling up the noise journal and listening to the soundtrack over and over (usually twister and especially long dream) for sure one of my favorite ds games.
Action, Horror, Sci-fi, Fantasy and Pizza
May 25, 2022 6:33 AM
Dec 2017
actionfang said:
I absolutely LOVED that game!!! I spent so much time trying to get all the badges, filling up the noise journal and listening to the soundtrack over and over (usually twister and especially long dream) for sure one of my favorite ds games.

Fore real!!! its so good and those are some really great songs as well too!!

More topics from this board

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3744 by FanofAction »»
5 minutes ago

» What gives you instant motivation to plat/100% a game

Joesaka - Yesterday

9 by Zettaiken »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3581 by BookBirdie »»
4 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

556 by Kajo_Senpai69 »»
5 hours ago

» Do you still use ur disc drive to play games ?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

17 by Rndmguypassingby »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.