Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2021 1:48 AM
Sep 2021
NGL this is like one of my personal favourite anime . Am actually watching this for the 3rd time . The character construction (voice , attitude ) and everything was just perfect . I can go on forever with this review , cuz thats how much I love it. The animation was pretty good too . I hope the comments be non-spoiler , and how much did you guys rate it and why ? BTW I know many of u guys wont accept it as the best shounen anime , I too agree , but its just great
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 18, 2021 1:57 AM
Nov 2020
animeforlife808 said:
NGL this is like one of my personal favourite anime . Am actually watching this for the 3rd time . The character construction (voice , attitude ) and everything was just perfect . I can go on forever with this review , cuz thats how much I love it. The animation was pretty good too . I hope the comments be non-spoiler , and how much did you guys rate it and why ? BTW I know many of u guys wont accept it as the best shounen anime , I too agree , but its just great
your right about this being awesome and what you said about the characters is true. But no offence we can tell you are kinda new to anime, and you should watch some more shounen if you think this is the best. Good animation and characters ≠ good story
Oct 18, 2021 2:02 AM
Feb 2021
Pretty unpopular opinion well yeah jjk is a above average shounen (only first season) and manga is crazy. Watch some more shounen like hxh then u can have a more good idea
Oct 18, 2021 2:03 AM
Sep 2021
Jontayy said:
animeforlife808 said:
your right about this being awesome and what you said about the characters is true. But no offence we can tell you are kinda new to anime, and you should watch some more shounen if you think this is the best. Good animation and characters ≠ good story
yooo am not new to shonen . I have been watching anime for almost 4 years now , I just liked the concept and the plot thats why
Oct 18, 2021 2:03 AM

Dec 2020
It's a good anime, pretty enjoyable. It has fun characters had fun watching the first season.
Oct 18, 2021 2:04 AM
Sep 2021
Aryaman_Mehta said:
Pretty unpopular opinion well yeah jjk is a above average shounen (only first season) and manga is crazy. Watch some more shounen like hxh then u can have a more good idea
loved the concept thats why
Sep 2021
TheFounder131 said:
It's a good anime, pretty enjoyable. It has good characters had fun watching the first season.
yeh , kinda hyped up for jjk 0 and S2 ngl
Sep 2021
TheFounder131 said:
It's a good anime, pretty enjoyable. It has good characters had fun watching the first season.
yeh , kinda hyped up for jjk 0 and S2 ngl
Oct 18, 2021 2:07 AM
Dec 2020
animeforlife808 said:
yeah I too think this is one of the better new gen Anime...I personally love it too...and I am looking forward for its second season and the movie
Oct 18, 2021 2:15 AM

Jan 2021
Then you have to watch jojo
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Oct 18, 2021 2:19 AM

Nov 2020
It did some things well, but nothing ground breaking. I wish they used Sukuna's contracts in a more intelligent way, Sukuna could've tricked Itadori into forming 2 contracts that do crazy things when they interact. Season 2 is going to be better
Oct 18, 2021 2:20 AM
Jan 2021
I did not like the villian , I found him so annoying he killed the show for me , manga
, made me wish I had never touched it .

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DBXOct 18, 2021 12:13 PM
Oct 18, 2021 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Majority of the people who've watched JJK loved it but personally i didn't enjoyed it that much , maybe because of the protagonist I don't like him , even Fushiguro a side character is better and I'm neutral for GOJO no hate no love , overall it was average FOR ME but a solid 7/10
Oct 18, 2021 2:21 AM
Nov 2020
animeforlife808 said:
Jontayy said:
yooo am not new to shonen . I have been watching anime for almost 4 years now , I just liked the concept and the plot thats why
your list says otherwise...
Oct 18, 2021 2:28 AM

May 2020
It's definitely one of the best new-gen shonen anime, but I wouldn't call it one of the best of all time (that's a very subjective take). Gintama, FMAB, AOT, Hunter x Hunter, Haikyuu, etc. there are many shonen anime better than this. I rated it 9/10, I rate a series based on entertainment, and even tho I had read the mange before starting the anime, I still enjoyed it and not just because of the animation, but because of the voice acting, fight choreography, and the ost.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Oct 18, 2021 2:28 AM
Feb 2021
Jontayy said:
animeforlife808 said:

Here comes the justice .dude it's true you are kinda new to shounen and anime too there are lots of anime you'll watch that gonna blow your mind or make your heart melt but still if you think jjk is the best you don't have to feel what others say your opinion is all that matters for you.
Oct 18, 2021 2:30 AM
Jul 2021
animeforlife808 said:
Jontayy said:

Nah dude you are new stop with the 🧢 already. Your list and this thread you started clearly state so.
Oct 18, 2021 2:31 AM
Jan 2021
Aryaman_Mehta said:

I have watched quite a shonen shows but jjk is still pretty good not as compared as HxH and One Piece though they are just on league of there own
Oct 18, 2021 2:33 AM

Apr 2020
I give this anime a rating of 9, the animation is very good, also the OP and ED are good. well this anime is great but this anime is not my favorite.
Oct 18, 2021 2:46 AM
May 2021
Just saying but your personal favourite ≠ best shounen anime
Oct 18, 2021 2:51 AM

Jun 2020
Good for you, I guess. It was a pretty decent anime for me. I rated it a 8/10. "Generic but still enjoyable" is how I would describe it.
Oct 18, 2021 2:53 AM

Apr 2021
You had to make a whole ass thread just to review this middle ass show
I love Monogatari Series
Oct 18, 2021 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
animeforlife808 said:

I don't watch a lot but every battle shounen I have watched had a very cringe, generic and boring story, or extremely uninteresting characters or both. Examples being Mob Psycho, My Hero Academia, OPM, Demon Slayer, etc.

So yeah Jujutsu Kaisen was a really well done breath of fresh air for me personally. The characters are more interesting. The world is more interesting. My biggest gripe is that it could really use a bit more flare in animation. While its good, it doesn't hit Demon Slayer levels, not even close.

Hopefully later seasons will have better animation.
Oct 18, 2021 3:02 AM
Jul 2020
It's okay to lay out your opinion. But with only one season you cannot tell much.Season 1 was a banger no denying, but only because you like it doesn't make it the best shounen anime. From your list it's pretty clear that you don't have much experience watching anime. So...
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
Oct 18, 2021 3:05 AM
Jul 2020
DamonElix said:
animeforlife808 said:

I don't watch a lot but every battle shounen I have watched had a very cringe, generic and boring story, or extremely uninteresting characters or both. Examples being Mob Psycho, My Hero Academia, OPM, Demon Slayer, etc.

So yeah Jujutsu Kaisen was a really well done breath of fresh air for me personally. The characters are more interesting. The world is more interesting. My biggest gripe is that it could really use a bit more flare in animation. While its good, it doesn't hit Demon Slayer levels, not even close.

take a moment and read what you just wrote.
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

Oct 18, 2021 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
Aayushkr_singh said:
DamonElix said:

Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but yeah 99% shounen are generic af and really boring(including the ones I listed above).
Oct 18, 2021 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Aayushkr_singh said:
It's okay to lay out your opinion. But with only one season you cannot tell much.Season 1 was a banger no denying, but only because you like it doesn't make it the best shounen anime. From your list it's pretty clear that you don't have much experience watching anime. So...

Idk if you're addressing me or OP but I have more than 300 completed anime on my list(wheras you have 70). So in case you are talking about me(since your comment was directly beneath mine) I do have much more experience.

Edit: checked and even OP has watched more anime than you lol.
Oct 18, 2021 3:15 AM
Sep 2021
DamonElix said:
animeforlife808 said:

well demon slayer was done by ufotable , considered as one of the best animation studios . But MAPPA too is doing a great work . Mappa is already held up with animes like AOT S4 PART 2 , CSM , TAKT OP , but still the animation was outstanding
Oct 18, 2021 3:16 AM
Jul 2021
Oh I have missed this ,it's been quite a while since the last 'THE BEST' forum was created
Oct 18, 2021 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
animeforlife808 said:
DamonElix said:

well demon slayer was done by ufotable , considered as one of the best animation studios . But MAPPA too is doing a great work . Mappa is already held up with animes like AOT S4 PART 2 , CSM , TAKT OP , but still the animation was outstanding

Sakuga was great but the compositing was too far behind and I always felt it wasn't keeping up with the sakuga. In fact it was lacking in many scenes. Of course reason could be because MAPPA is overworking. Digital effects are also missing in many areas. The sakuga is still extremely eye pleasing though.

Also MAPPA has made some shows which look visually as great as anything Ufotable ever made(including Demon Slayer). Some examples are GARO, Rage of Bahamut, Terror in Resonance. All these shows from MAPPA have god tier animation to rival anything else in the industry.
Oct 18, 2021 3:19 AM
Jul 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
Majority of the people who've watched JJK loved it but personally i didn't enjoyed it that much , maybe because of the protagonist I don't like him , even Fushiguro a side character is better and I'm neutral for GOJO no hate no love , overall it was average FOR ME but a solid 7/10
Oh yes a fellow Fushiguro enjoyer
Oct 18, 2021 3:21 AM
Mar 2021
animeforlife808 said:
go watch konosuba or one piece. Then tell em if this is the best shounen. Also don't rewatch it 3 times. You could have expanded and watched 3-6 new shows in that time :(((
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2021 3:22 AM

Apr 2019
These topic baits never end...
Oct 18, 2021 3:25 AM
Sep 2021
Can’t exactly say it’s the best but it’s definitely an incredible anime (and way better than demon slayer)
Oct 18, 2021 3:25 AM

Nov 2020
Pretty good Shonen anime but not the best considering there is HxH
Oct 18, 2021 3:38 AM

Jan 2021
9/10.
animation, characters, VAs, music are all fantastic.
Oct 18, 2021 4:18 AM
Aug 2021
animeforlife808 said:

bruh at least go watch sum
animeforlife808 said:

Bro how many times have people made same forums like this? even on other social media platforms there're these sort of topics.... if ur gonna make a forum next time, at least make one that aint being repeatedly discussed
Oct 18, 2021 4:50 AM

Jan 2021
The anime is 9/10.Interesting and well written plot,nice power system,one of the best new gen characters designs,insane animation by mappa,funny antagonists in the anime but in the manga they're crazy.So in my opinion jjk is easily in top 3 why not tho the anime and the manga are fire
Oct 18, 2021 5:00 AM
Jan 2021
Mayora_oji13 said:
It's definitely one of the best new-gen shonen anime, but I wouldn't call it one of the best of all time (that's a very subjective take). Gintama, FMAB, AOT, Hunter x Hunter, Haikyuu, etc. there are many shonen anime better than this. I rated it 9/10, I rate a series based on entertainment, and even tho I had read the mange before starting the anime, I still enjoyed it and not just because of the animation, but because of the voice acting, fight choreography, and the ost.
Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Barumunku Fezarion Aizakku Shunaidaa Sanbun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta Sanbun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raayu Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru stole my pants
Oct 18, 2021 5:24 AM
Jul 2020
DamonElix said:
Aayushkr_singh said:

Idk if you're addressing me or OP but I have more than 300 completed anime on my list(wheras you have 70). So in case you are talking about me(since your comment was directly beneath mine) I do have much more experience.

Edit: checked and even OP has watched more anime than you lol.
no it was not about you.

Oct 18, 2021 5:30 AM
Jul 2020
DamonElix said:
Aayushkr_singh said:

Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but yeah 99% shounen are generic af and really boring(including the ones I listed above).
it's totally obvious that every shounen anime is generic but not boring at all. Everyone knows that the main character is going to win, it's the journey that matters. And what I told you to read was when you saying that demon slayer is boring and then comparing it to jjk saying it has yet to reach the level of demon slayer, what does that even mean.

Oct 18, 2021 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
Aayushkr_singh said:
DamonElix said:

it's totally obvious that every shounen anime is generic but not boring at all. Everyone knows that the main character is going to win, it's the journey that matters. And what I told you to read was when you saying that demon slayer is boring and then comparing it to jjk saying it has yet to reach the level of demon slayer, what does that even mean.

When I said Demon Slayer is boring I meant the story and the characters. Even the side characters like Zenitsu and boar guy are disliked by many and I also personally thought they were cringe and irritating. Same with the story. JJK at least has much more interest cast of characters.

When I said JJK has yet to reach Demon Slayer I meant regarding visually and animation wise. As explained in the post here:

DamonElix said:
animeforlife808 said:

Sakuga was great but the compositing was too far behind and I always felt it wasn't keeping up with the sakuga. In fact it was lacking in many scenes. Of course reason could be because MAPPA is overworking. Digital effects are also missing in many areas. The sakuga is still extremely eye pleasing though.

Also MAPPA has made some shows which look visually as great as anything Ufotable ever made(including Demon Slayer). Some examples are GARO, Rage of Bahamut, Terror in Resonance. All these shows from MAPPA have god tier animation to rival anything else in the industry.
Oct 18, 2021 5:48 AM

May 2020
ArticCheekSlap said:
Mayora_oji13 said:
Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Barumunku Fezarion Aizakku Shunaidaa Sanbun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta Sanbun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raayu Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru stole my pants

uho uhoho uho uhho

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Oct 18, 2021 6:20 AM
Mar 2021
imo overrated tbh, just the animation is good but when i watched it i felt nothing xD
Oct 18, 2021 6:27 AM
Mar 2021
animeforlife808 said:
Jontayy said:

Concept is inspired by the Shaman King... Main antagonist is inspired by Shaman King's Main antagonist... Sorcerer's are actually Shamans.
Now someone will say "ShAmAn KiNg iS fRoM 2021" This is remake of 2001 anime. Manga is from 1998.
So I highly recommend you to give it a try. Animation isn't at this level(That's the only thing that's lacking) Music, characters, everything else is top tier. But yeah, Author himself had said that Shaman King isn't supposed to be a mainstream. Because story and characters are very deep and hard to understand. They wont explain you everything like in this anime or Naruto and others. You get emotion and it's up to you to understand how character feels. It's so unique even tho its one of the first shounen series. Power sistem is sooooo good man. I'll stop here hahahahha
Oct 18, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2016
Fofo-man said:
Don't think JJK is the best or even close. The only thing that sticks out are the fighting choreography and animation, other than that it's pretty mediocre. Characters aren't special in anyway and most lack any kind of personality(Yuuji, Panda, Nobara, etc). The best Characters are by far Megumi, Junpei and Nanami but they aren't enough to carry the entire show. Overall just above average but nothing special.

I just cant get over how you can claim that characters like Yuji, Panda or Nobara "lacks personality" but then prompt the likes of Megumi of all people (especially how dry he is in S1), when clearly the former group steamrolles him in terms of personality and energy, let alone the likes of Gojo or Todo.
Oct 18, 2021 6:40 AM
Jul 2016
_syedmuhammad__ said:
I did not like the villian , I found him so annoying he killed the show for me , manga chapters 124 ruined everything for me , made me wish I had never touched it .

Lol wut, villains being properly competent and dangerous are now an issue i guess.
TheBlackPlagueOct 18, 2021 6:43 AM
Oct 18, 2021 6:58 AM
Jan 2021
DeepRiver said:
_syedmuhammad__ said:
I did not like the villian , I found him so annoying he killed the show for me , manga chapters 124 ruined everything for me , made me wish I had never touched it .

Lol wut, villains being properly competent and dangerous are now an issue i guess.

Just Fuck Mahito , villians are supposed to be evil and hated but for me he crossed all possible limits and I ended up focusing less on other stuff just wanted to see him to meet the worst possible fate.
Oct 18, 2021 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
I rated it a 6. And I still love where it is now.

This season has really good characters and animation, but is just a Prologue to the actual story. The power balance is not handled really well and some of the plot choices ruin the impact of the stronger moments. It is a good start, but with some obvious, glaring mistakes.

I got spoiled for something big from Season 2 and read the manga. And I absolutely love how the story is moving right now in that media. This season is not that good IMO, but the next one will really be amazing.
Oct 18, 2021 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
Ur fav doesnt mean its the best
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.