Forum Settings
Forums

Adding more things in the Profile and Search section.

New
Oct 6, 2021 1:38 AM
Jul 2021
Hiya! This has been something i have been thinking about, but the profileand search section has some things that i thought would make it better!

Profile Section:
• Favorite Opening and Ending Themes
• Favorite Lines by Characters like Kono Dio Da, Nico Nico Nii, Ayaya, and others (While also being spoiler free so when you are still at episode 5, and the line ia at episode 7, it will automatically hide it)
• Favorite Anime Studios
• Favorite Anime Episodes

Search section:
• Searching an Anime Theme (OP/ED) by Lyrics
• Searching an Anime Line by Character
• Searching an Anime Character by Line

I am sure this will be cool, it will be interesting to see other users favorites, while also might help in finding things like if there is a certain line you like, or an opening theme, but forget the anime, you can just search the line/lyric here and remember it, while also adding it to your profile page!
Oct 6, 2021 9:51 AM

Jan 2017
KorewaFui said:
Profile Section
• Favorite Opening and Ending Themes
• Favorite Lines by Characters like Kono Dio Da, Nico Nico Nii, Ayaya, and others (While also being spoiler free so when you are still at episode 5, and the line ia at episode 7, it will automatically hide it)
• Favorite Anime Studios
• Favorite Anime Episodes

I've read that MAL didn't want to add more columns to the Favourites section , but i don't remember where.
You can put them in your "About Me" section anyway , that's what most people do.
There is also often thread asking about favourites studios/OSTs of other. (Like on some of those thread.)

Search section:
• Searching an Anime Theme (OP/ED) by Lyrics
• Searching an Anime Line by Character
• Searching an Anime Character by Line!

Would be way too damn complicated and long to put in place in my opinion...
Especially the character lines , do you have the slighest idea how many characters are present in the database ?
Atleast , there is absolutely no way i would be willing to do it , even if i was paid. (The mods are volunteers , and are not paid by the way.)

While also might help in finding things like if there is a certain line you like, or an opening theme, but forget the anime, you can just search the line/lyric here and remember it

If you need recommendations , you can :
- Check the Recommendations tab present in every entries.
- Create/Search a thread on the Recommendations Forums.
- Check the Producer pages. (There is the studios in there)
- Check the other Animes in which a Director/Voice Actor took part.
- Search on Google

If you forgot something and need help to remember it , you can search on Google , or ask for help in The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread and The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread.
Even if it's harder for musics , i believe there is still peoples who would be willing to help there.

Maybe i'm completely wrong , but i really don't believe what you ask will be implemented. (Maybe @hacker09 have some scripts for you tho.)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 6, 2021 4:32 PM

Dec 2019
This isn't hard to do, is just that MAL wont do it since they have a few things to fix and a bunch of more important things to improve. Also they wont do it because they want your money, if you become a MAL supporter you have the option to show 20 characters and fav anime/manga on your profile.

Everything you said about your profile isn't doable on a script, you would be the only one seeing that on your profile if I made it for you, that's why I won't make it for you.

I'm not sure about what you meant with
"• Searching an Anime Line by Character
• Searching an Anime Character by Line"

But if you want to know in which anime/manga entries a character appeared just open the character page on mal, if you want to find which characters were in an anime/manga just scroll down the entry page a little bit and you will see it.
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

More topics from this board

» An option to hide Explicit Genres from anime/manga list

animegamer245 - May 8

3 by traed »»
Yesterday, 12:22 AM

» Add an option to view (and display) ratings with a 5 star scale (allowing half stars)

Bergioyn - May 6

3 by Bergioyn »»
May 7, 2:10 PM

» New category for manga lists

Aristotle417 - May 7

0 by Aristotle417 »»
May 7, 11:05 AM

» forum rules and blogs

leyaf - May 5

3 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
May 7, 1:03 AM

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

4 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
May 7, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.