Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
Sep 19, 2021 12:10 PM

May 2020
Ngl I don't go this harsh on an anime but I feel you
I wouldn't say the worst anime created but it's definitely over rated , it doesn't deserve 7.7 imo
Sep 19, 2021 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
OrangeHusky said:
I wouldn't say the worst anime created but it's definitely over rated , it doesn't deserve 7.7 imo
My issue with this anime was like, i loved episode 1 concept, about a guy who's a hardworker (at least that's the original image i had oe kyouya) but couldn't solve issue that are outside of his power (aka the whole event thingy failing even tho he did his best), so i thought the whole thing about him getting a second chance would be showing him as a hard worker surpassing realistical issues on his second chance to pursue his dream

Then the anime itself truly started and it enters all the issues i already pointed above, it's like the author got lost trying to understand the difference between a god and a hardworker
Sep 19, 2021 3:04 PM
Feb 2021
I can understand your concern that this situation is unrealistic, but I view it as less of an issue than a mechanism to tell the story the author wants to tell. Ultimately, whether this choice was good or not is completely individual opinion, but I enjoyed it. This story just isn’t intended to realistically show how the main character’s life would be if he had a chance to relive it. The main concept of the show is that he gets this second chance with his knowledge of the future and of his past mistakes. This creates opportunities for him to prevent things that he sees as threats to his current dream life or his friends. By giving the main character this opportunity and foresight, the author can confront questions about what it means to be a good friend, what it means to give up on a passion, the effect of his intervention in their lives and what that means to him and to them. This also creates a character who seems to be able to do it all but feels like he’s worthless. I think all of these concepts were really interesting to see develop and the dialogue between the characters illustrates the complexity in each of them. His perceived perfection is the reason that these topics can naturally surface. I think that’s valuable.

I also want to mention that he is in fact imperfect and selfish. I believe that if you view him as perfect, you missed one of the most important messages in the story. His drive to do everything himself is not a trait that he is proud of or that the story praises. He is not perfect, only desperate to create a life he can be proud of and that his friends can enjoy.

I think this show deserves its praise, and although being imperfect itself, is insightful and worth recommendation. I would be interested in another more complicated, realistic version of this concept, however I think that Bokutachi no Remake is a valuable and enjoyable story that has earned a score it deserves.
Sep 19, 2021 3:26 PM

May 2021
ch_ris said:
I can understand your concern that this situation is unrealistic, but I view it as less of an issue than a mechanism to tell the story the author wants to tell. Ultimately, whether this choice was good or not is completely individual opinion, but I enjoyed it. This story just isn’t intended to realistically show how the main character’s life would be if he had a chance to relive it. The main concept of the show is that he gets this second chance with his knowledge of the future and of his past mistakes. This creates opportunities for him to prevent things that he sees as threats to his current dream life or his friends. By giving the main character this opportunity and foresight, the author can confront questions about what it means to be a good friend, what it means to give up on a passion, the effect of his intervention in their lives and what that means to him and to them. This also creates a character who seems to be able to do it all but feels like he’s worthless. I think all of these concepts were really interesting to see develop and the dialogue between the characters illustrates the complexity in each of them. His perceived perfection is the reason that these topics can naturally surface. I think that’s valuable.

I also want to mention that he is in fact imperfect and selfish. I believe that if you view him as perfect, you missed one of the most important messages in the story. His drive to do everything himself is not a trait that he is proud of or that the story praises. He is not perfect, only desperate to create a life he can be proud of and that his friends can enjoy.

I think this show deserves its praise, and although being imperfect itself, is insightful and worth recommendation. I would be interested in another more complicated, realistic version of this concept, however I think that Bokutachi no Remake is a valuable and enjoyable story that has earned a score it deserves.

But that is lazy. Of course the writer said "I have this message in my mind, now I have to elaborate a story about it" and then decided to create barely realistic and heavily watered down situations in order to show such. The situations are just narrated from a childish point of view, in a superficial manner. It could have a good message, that is in the eye of the beholder (I don't really like it, but that is my opinion), but the execution of all situations are incredible plastic and inhuman.

Like, which was the necessity of having a 3 girls apparent harem? In the story there is absolute no need to such, instead of wasting itself into dumb romantic paths that are tangential to the main point it could have actually put effort in recreating a realistic setting and respecting the craft that goes into making artistic products. Like the last episode conflict resolution was worse than watching the Castle hacking scene, and this was supposed to be serious. It was like a otaku gacha player wishful thinking encapsulated in 24 frames per second

Sep 19, 2021 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
ch_ris said:

First issue with your logic, if you anime has "slice of life" as a tag, but you say he shouldn't have a realistic life, you're literally criticizing instead of praising the anime, because he's incorrectly doing what he's supposed to do

Second thing the quote "The main concept of the show is that he gets this second chance with his knowledge of the future and of his past mistakes." the show barely demonstrates him taking advantage of future knowledge to solve his issues and he only has 2 past mistakes, 1 not picking the right college, which is immediatly fixed by the plot itself right on Ep 1 and the fact that he destroyed the career of the platinum trio and got kawasegawa a worse job, which only happens near the end of the anime, and unlikely will be fixed unless the anime rushes even more LN content and makes him fix everything and get a happy ending on a single episode which is the last one

Third thing, he's not worthless, he's stupid, idc if the anime calls him worhtless, he isn't, he's a good, he can literally do the job of other people without knowing how to even do he's own, that's not worthless, he just blames himself as worthless because he doesn't how to understand people (and because everyone else in this was intentionally created to know less than him for some dumb plot reason)

Fourth thing: You're straight up lying with the whole "complex" dialogue ,there's 0 complex dialogue in this anime, it literally just pulls the answer in a spam of 5 minutes to each issue they have.

Fifth thing: There are 0 threats created in this plot, you can't call anything a threat when it gets solved on the same episode or immediatly at the start of the next one, that's not a threat

Sixth thing: You can call him imperfect pal, but the anime already shows you're lying, you can't be imperfect while being praised every single episode for being amazing, him ruining other people's lifes wasn't a imperfection, it was due to the fact THAT HE'S PERFECT which makes the others feel unnecessary, it's literally why tsurayuki left, because he could already do what tsurayuki does BUT BETTER, if that's not perfection to a degree for you then you're blinding yourself towards the matter, doesn't matter if he's proud of it or not, he's not a natural character, he's perfect because the plot made him that way

If this show deserves praise then you don't understand what a good show is, i'ts like praising any isekai anime with a OP MC that never loses that also majorly focus on showing that the MC never loses, it's how remake works, it's just 12 episodes of kyouya never losing, who cares if the others do, kyouya still wins for himself

Literally as how i said in my statement "when the protag itself acknowledges that if you are better than everyone why would someone need anyone else, what the story does ? Tries to show pity on the guy, by telling "it's not your fault etc", the anime, about a guy, that goes back in time and actively makes decisions that managed to ruin other people's lifes says its not his fault for doing exactly that, like i don't think this anime understand what cause and effect is, to try to take pity on the cause of the effect, saying he's not the cause, even tho he still is the cause."

The anime itself wants the audience to feel that kyouya ruining other people's life for his own benefit is not a bad thing, this itself already invalidates most of the things that you see positive from this anime, as the anime does not care about kyouya doing bad decisions
Sep 19, 2021 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
Also you didn't even address the other issues i showed with the anime like the romance being awful

You can't just say a anime deserves praising but straight up ignores a issue
Sep 19, 2021 4:10 PM

Dec 2015
Also this story isn't even unique to deserve praising, as Re-Life exist and even tho it's not amazing does a better job than bokutachi at touching a identical subject, so this has no reason to be praised

The only praise it could've got was if it properly development the college theme with teaching the viewers and the characters about producing content etc, but that whole theme get's abandoned at like episode 5 and we barely even see them taking classes anymore

Literally the anime is almost over and the teacher, which was supposed to be a major character for kyouya getting insight on his decisions, has been gone for like what, 7 episodes ? This literally doesn't know what it wants to be

Also don't even forget the cheap drama as it get's solved by kyouya so quickly we can barely get worried about it
Sep 19, 2021 4:12 PM

Dec 2015
Gween_Gween said:
ch_ris said:

But that is lazy. Of course the writer said "I have this message in my mind, now I have to elaborate a story about it" and then decided to create barely realistic and heavily watered down situations in order to show such. The situations are just narrated from a childish point of view, in a superficial manner. It could have a good message, that is in the eye of the beholder (I don't really like it, but that is my opinion), but the execution of all situations are incredible plastic and inhuman.

Like, which was the necessity of having a 3 girls apparent harem? In the story there is absolute no need to such, instead of wasting itself into dumb romantic paths that are tangential to the main point it could have actually put effort in recreating a realistic setting and respecting the craft that goes into making artistic products. Like the last episode conflict resolution was worse than watching the Castle hacking scene, and this was supposed to be serious. It was like a otaku gacha player wishful thinking encapsulated in 24 frames per second
Completely agree with your vision on it
Sep 19, 2021 4:19 PM

May 2021
Potato_Awards said:

The anime itself wants the audience to feel that kyouya ruining other people's life for his own benefit is not a bad thing, this itself already invalidates most of the things that you see positive from this anime, as the anime does not care about kyouya doing bad decisions

I disagree with this statement though. I think that the anime is pretty clear about that dont letting the other fail have bad consequences, hence, failing is important to our development. And at the same time, it is not your fault if you dont let the other fail, because we are then doomed for inactivity. The importance is to let the others breath, but is not Kyouya complete fault that the platinum generation was incapable of solving its own problems after his involvement. Every action we take in relation to other people have some sort of consequence, then should we never take action so we dont ruin their lifes?
The problem of the anime is not the message, because it is a valid point of view, but the way it portrays every single issue and do the equivalent of saying "I solved the problem" each episode without going into further development, which is dull as fuck

Sep 19, 2021 4:25 PM

Dec 2015
Gween_Gween said:
Potato_Awards said:

I disagree with this statement though. I think that the anime is pretty clear about that dont letting the other fail have bad consequences, hence, failing is important to our development. And at the same time, it is not your fault if you dont let the other fail, because we are then doomed for inactivity. The importance is to let the others breath, but is not Kyouya complete fault that the platinum generation was incapable of solving its own problems after his involvement. Every action we take in relation to other people have some sort of consequence, then should we never take action so we dont ruin their lifes?
The problem of the anime is not the message, because it is a valid point of view, but the way it portrays every single issue and do the equivalent of saying "I solved the problem" each episode without going into further development, which is dull as fuck
Even if you argue it’s not his fault that’s how the anime states it.

They were successful without kyouya?
Yes

They turned unsuccessful with kyouya ?
Yes

Even if you go with a realistic logic that, kyouya didn’t directly stopped them from achieving said success, it was still his fault for causing it as he’s the only variable that changed on their past, if this anime wanted to remove his fault on their unsuccess it should’ve show them struggling on the past by themselves and having a hard time getting popular but still managing to do so, but it didn’t, so you can use any logic for ignoring this, but you can’t ignore it, because that’s the only variable that started this
Sep 19, 2021 4:53 PM

May 2021
Potato_Awards said:
Gween_Gween said:

Even if you argue it’s not his fault that’s how the anime states it.

They were successful without kyouya?
Yes

They turned unsuccessful with kyouya ?
Yes

Even if you go with a realistic logic that, kyouya didn’t directly stopped them from achieving said success, it was still his fault for causing it as he’s the only variable that changed on their past, if this anime wanted to remove his fault on their unsuccess it should’ve show them struggling on the past by themselves and having a hard time getting popular but still managing to do so, but it didn’t, so you can use any logic for ignoring this, but you can’t ignore it, because that’s the only variable that started this

Well yeah, but that is because the anime is from the point of view of Kyouya. By his perception it is his fault because he knows both timelines, but by the point of perspective of Kawagesawa there is no connection because in causal reality if you want to pursue your dreams you are bound to make other people fail at theirs. It is like the Hitler and art school meme to be honest, we cant blame people for doing what they consider correct because of a consequence that cant be visualized since it is highly dependant on the nature of the other people who are pretty much unknown. Now, if Kyouya decides to do the same thing all over again then it would be his fault, because he knows the consequences (I know that such thing sounds illogical lmao I hope what I meant get through)

Sep 20, 2021 2:56 AM

May 2020
god, more ppl need to realise this anime is not good and that the mc is a reincarnation of god lol dude just not missing
Sep 21, 2021 8:13 AM
Feb 2021
Gween_Gween said:
ch_ris said:

You’re right. I never mentioned any of those flaws. I never mentioned all the flaws or specifics because I don’t think they ruined my enjoyment of the show. My first response was a reply to the argument that the show’s linear nature and “perfect” protagonist were issues that made the story irredeemable. I still believe that assessment is unfair and ignores the other aspects of a show that is interesting and fun. My judgement of a good story is different from yours, so we’re not going to agree on everything. I personally have no issue with an unrealistic slice of life and I’m surprised that an anime being unrealistic would shock anyone.
Sep 22, 2021 8:58 AM
Feb 2013

I agree that the show is not wholesome but your point in the original post seems a bit too extreme against the show.

Sep 22, 2021 4:11 PM

May 2020
narubees said:

I agree that the show is not wholesome but your point in the original post seems a bit too extreme against the show.

yeah but like look at who is he being surrounding with? bunch of ppl that ready to suck him off as if he was great and also the "he has experience from his old life", the problem with that is that, there is no "presentation/process" of him coming up with his solutions, hence, instead of looking like a genius, he comes out as someone with bullshit powers of problem-solving. mate, tell me one instances where kyouya have feelings for one of the female characters? nanako i guess i can see it but aki, really?
Sep 22, 2021 8:08 PM

Sep 2015
Potato_Awards said:

Sep 22, 2021 9:39 PM

Dec 2015
ya_hallo said:
Potato_Awards said:

i would watch that
Sep 27, 2021 11:52 AM

May 2020
HatTrickPatrick said:
OrangeHusky said:

lol yet another post about ratings. Go back to TikTok please

May I know why you quoted me to make an unfunny joke about this post while it was not me who created it ?
You may need some new pairs of spectacles as well as common sense that not everyone uses tik tok
I have only used tik tok once and it's just boring and cringe like your post :D , enjoy the rest of ur day good sir
Sep 28, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
I hate this anime MC, the worst part is this: everyone is acting stupid thanks to him. It doesn't help the rest of characters are already bad to begin but they are literally trash now due to him.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2021 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
There’s no violent Tsundere here and the MC isnt an idiot so obviously some masochists of MAL wouldnt like it rofl
Sep 28, 2021 8:21 PM

Feb 2021
OrangeHusky said:
HatTrickPatrick said:

lol yet another post about ratings. Go back to TikTok please

May I know why you quoted me to make an unfunny joke about this post while it was not me who created it ?
You may need some new pairs of spectacles as well as common sense that not everyone uses tik tok
I have only used tik tok once and it's just boring and cringe like your post :D , enjoy the rest of ur day good sir

This was my mistake. Thought your post was the OP of this thread, since the actual OP is entirely encapsulated in a spoiler.

Sorry about that.
Sep 29, 2021 12:50 AM
Feb 2020
Potato_Awards said:

I agree this anime is stupid but not for the same reasons, I just don't know why r they involving time travel in every single premise,we have 2 shows this season that involves time travel for no real reason,
Tokyo revengers and this garbage, and yes the other things u point out r pretty accurate too
Oct 4, 2021 1:39 PM
Jan 2021
One of the most underrated anime I have seen
Oct 4, 2021 6:14 PM

Jul 2020
Potato_Awards said:

I can agree, there isn't any kind of romance in this anime honestly. I'd rather say there is some kind of harem, but it's still not harem, moreover there are not even drama. Maybe three of four comedy scenes I little laughed. Anime ending is made with suggest there might be a second season but I'm sure there won't be.
yes I'm in control
ak wrapped around my shoulder
strike with venom like a cobra
murder all in the aroma
Oct 6, 2021 3:04 AM
Sep 2017
Dont push your subjective views or idealism too much, you just wasting your experience, ive seen people like you and ill say it again, watch it with objective views, try to see in the character's POV, not everything must go the way you like, "time leap? How? Doesnt make any sense" just stop, you forgot the most important point, ITS AN FICTION!
Oct 6, 2021 12:27 PM

Dec 2015
mfbu98 said:
Dont push your subjective views or idealism too much, you just wasting your experience, ive seen people like you and ill say it again, watch it with objective views, try to see in the character's POV, not everything must go the way you like, "time leap? How? Doesnt make any sense" just stop, you forgot the most important point, ITS AN FICTION!
Flaw on basic rules of literature isn't a subjective view nor a idealism, but nice try, also yeah let's justify bad writing with "on their POV he's a saint" and make viewers just accept nonsensical moments on the story because "on their pov it makes total sense, so even tho for the viewers it looks stupid it isn't stupid because logic"

Also of course you'll see people like it, people also gave Kimetsu almost a 10 just for flashy animations lmao
Nov 24, 2021 3:03 AM

Oct 2008
There's a saying I remembered as I was watching this anime.

"You admire a celebrity, because you've never met them, if you knew that person a little more intimately, you would never idolize them".

So I think you are wrong and really enjoyed this anime, for what it was.
Jan 4, 2022 4:39 PM

Dec 2015
lol dude ur funny

yeah the dude is way to sharp to the point of how the hell did he not have success in his original timeline even then he was a supper worker and it looks wierd that he would not get a job.

also 28 isn't that old, and eint the end of the word.

Anyway, as to the point of its his fault, nah not really, he never tried to "destroy" them,
it kinda happened, because he was so good he out shine them all.
so i do think yeah its not his fault, like it is but it isn't.

like first of all he got in touch with them by accident and didn't understand except for the drawer that they are who they are.
and got it only after he helped them, even tho they didn't need his help, i mean at the point he helped them they needed. but they would have figured that out anyway.
so in the end his help made harm.

but like that how's life and what portrayed here in the story generally is that help others but like let them overcome some strugles by them self as well.
you kinda have to do it in the middle, help but not do all the stuff.
Jan 30, 2022 10:26 PM

Aug 2020
There seems to be a misunderstanding whether the MC potentially "ruined" the platinum generation's successful lives. Even though they have successful careers it doesn't mean they would have enjoyed it. How do we know that Tsurayuki was fine with his financial problems intuition? You can say that all the people he's encountered would've been fine without him. But that's not the case because Kawasegawa isn't happy with her job in the original timeline even though she went to the same art school as the platinum generation, plus she doesn't even know them since it's implied in the 1st episode that she "can't wait to work with them." I'm not suggesting that their lives were good or bad, the show goes off of what we interpreted from the original timeline.
Thank You Covid. For turning me into a weeb.
Aug 4, 2022 8:35 AM
Aug 2022
There's one thing I don't like if this show gets a dub and it does but only one ep I say if the company that make this they should have not pit a dub version for this anime and complete it with just one dub episode thats just stupid and this anime is not the best at least it was something and I won't watch again

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

171 by Talamare »»
Apr 17, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

124 by Talamare »»
Apr 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

130 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 1, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

89 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

84 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jan 25, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.