Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2021 10:58 AM
Aug 2021
Anyone can have their opinion on an anime. This is the internet for crying out loud. Man...you don't have to shit on Darren just because he said smthin...ppl from gen z sure are a handful 😬👎
Sep 18, 2021 11:01 AM

May 2021
Mistify01 said:
Anyone can have their opinion on an anime. This is the internet for crying out loud. Man...you don't have to shit on Darren just because he said smthin...ppl from gen z sure are a handful 😬👎

thanks man, appreciate it.

Sep 18, 2021 11:08 AM

May 2021
SynapticBlast said:
Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean the show is overrated. I loved the show, and evidently a lot of others rate the show highly also. This is simply reflective of the general enjoyment gauged from the audience.

A very dumb argument tbh, I ended the thread's title in a '?'. I was asking if the people who consider it masterpiece, why do they? Don't give me the philosophical point of view btw, I already knew the philosophical pov of the show, even then its painfully mediocre.
and evidently there are actually people who agree with my opinion lol.

Sep 18, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:
Emanon0 said:
It's fairly rated it's neither bad neither a masterpiece. At first you think parasyte tend to be some crazy science fiction anime with great fights. It's not flawless but it is good and deserves its rate. The truth is this anime is criminally under hyped. The Anime discusses existentialism and exploring human nature. What does it mean to be a human? Why do we exist? The conflicts between human and nature.
There are two ways to look at this anime, you can watch it as some parasites invading earth and badass fights.
Or from the philosophical aspect which i belive this is what the Anime wants to deliver.
It feels like it's messing something because the parasites background wasn't revealed but it makes sense when you understand the point of the Anime and the parasites in general.
At first, the story starts with parasyte invading earth and Controling the host's body in order to survive and reproduce. The image in your head is that they were sent to eliminate humans and save earth from the massive destructive actions of humans, because humans you know are some dumbass beings who only worship destruction and war. But! The story takes Another turn. Actually.. Parasites has no clear idea what the hell they are doing and why they even exist!!
Personally, it's nice to see a story like this, there are already countless stories about these things and it is already repetitive.
So what is the point of this anime?
Instead of eating and doing absolutely nothing, some parasites showed thirst for knowledge and wanted to understand the reason of their existence while studying humans. If you look closely parasites represent the empty human, what do i mean about empty? When we are born we are Limited by religious backgrounds, our concept of life and path is already painted that we tend to forget to ask ourselves why do we exist! Is it love? Fortune? Power? Yes yes they sure do but What does it ACTUALLY mean to be a human. Our existence is determined by happiness but why? While some animes create the idea of humans are animals, leaded by instincts and desires. Parasyte did it too, humans are the root of the problem, humans are the poison and Parasites are the cure but hold up!!? Who decided that? The definition of good and evil which doesn't exist. And thus the journey of parasites and shinichi start to explore this idea.
Human is a combination of good and evil. This is how humans come to exist.
What does it mean to be human? Eeeh you can find the answer there.

Look I'mma be honest with you I actually knew what the show was going for in both philosophical pov and anime with badass fights pov.
And points you just made were something I already knew about.
Even looking at the philosophical point of view it was painfully mediocre "IN MY OPINION."

Whether you knew it or not, mediocre is very harsh. It has its flaws and it's not a masterpiece. But it has a good story and delivers a deep message. My point of what i wrote wasn't to tell you what this anime talking about, i wanted you to know that rating it based on the poor romance, fights ect.. Only doesn't give it its right because this is not what the Anime basically focuse on. For example if i tell you neon genesis evangelion is mediocre because the humor is poor or the romance is ill.. 'it won't be fair. Because this is not the main point of the Anime. It affects it but focusing on it only while ignoring how great the story and the philosophy are is not right.
I agree with you this anime is not a masterpiece. But to put it in "mediocre"
Category is unfair. It is good. Not flawless, not masterpiece and absolutely not the best. Masterpieces like neon genesis evangelion, Serial experiments lain and death note had their flaws yet we don't put it with mediocre Animes.
Sep 18, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2020
darrenkbenn said:
Aayushkr_singh said:
this whole post was -i didn't like it so I rated it 6/10,so is this anime overrated? with given defination. Bruh u didn't like it doesn't mean it doesn't qualify to be called as a masterpiece.The story is fabulous and focused on the mc and the villains and the emotional ride is as good as it can be. The only u liked were the ost and op really?🤦 Just saying two things at the same time. Decide for yourself if you didn't like it or it was not for you.

take a hypothetical situation if I consider boku no pico masterpiece and you consider it mediocre, how do the both of us come in an agreement. You don't.
"i didn't like it so I rated it 6/10,so is this anime overrated"
um I was just wondering if I'm the only one oddly neutral about this show. nope didn't feel shit while watching this. um I actually decided that its mediocre , and don't like yapping only about the cons when there are pros too.
ok now I see where are you coming from😂 .I'm sorry, you are dead serious for making people agree that parasyte is just average👍👍
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
Sep 18, 2021 11:23 AM

May 2021
Emanon0 said:
darrenkbenn said:

Look I'mma be honest with you I actually knew what the show was going for in both philosophical pov and anime with badass fights pov.
And points you just made were something I already knew about.
Even looking at the philosophical point of view it was painfully mediocre "IN MY OPINION."

Whether you knew it or not, mediocre is very harsh. It has its flaws and it's not a masterpiece. But it has a good story and delivers a deep message. My point of what i wrote wasn't to tell you what this anime talking about, i wanted you to know that rating it based on the poor romance, fights ect.. Only doesn't give it its right because this is not what the Anime basically focuse on. For example if i tell you neon genesis evangelion is mediocre because the humor is poor or the romance is ill.. 'it won't be fair. Because this is not the main point of the Anime. It affects it but focusing on it only while ignoring how great the story and the philosophy are is not right.
Category is unfair. It is good. Not flawless, not masterpiece and absolutely not the best. Masterpieces like neon genesis evangelion, Serial experiments lain and death note had their flaws yet we don't put it with mediocre Animes.

take a hypothetical situation, if I consider boku no pico a masterpiece and you call it trash, we both actually can't come into an agreement no matter what happens.

I mean I wouldn't argue with you if you call NGE mediocre cuz its not an anime for everyone and its a fact.
I have seen people who hate death note, lain etc but just because something deep or has a overly well written plot, or mind games at its peak, doesn't change someone's opinion.
I have a read/watched a lot of which "I'' consider deep anime/movies/books/manga etc., but parasyte's supposedly deep message that you speak of was nothing but mediocre for me.

and anime like death note, lain etc, the pros actually outweigh the flaws, even then there are people who think its bad.
The point of this thread was too see if I was the only one who is oddly neutral about this show.
darrenkbennSep 18, 2021 11:29 AM

Sep 18, 2021 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:
SynapticBlast said:
Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean the show is overrated. I loved the show, and evidently a lot of others rate the show highly also. This is simply reflective of the general enjoyment gauged from the audience.

A very dumb argument tbh, I ended the thread's title in a '?'. I was asking if the people who consider it masterpiece, why do they? Don't give me the philosophical point of view btw, I already knew the philosophical pov of the show, even then its painfully mediocre.

Evidently the majority of people don't agree with your opinion though, it's a widely loved show, so it's not overrated...
Again, calling something you don't agree with 'dumb' or 'overrated' isn't a healthy way to view things...
I don't consider it a masterpiece, but it's a good show with fun battles and an interesting horror setting.
Not everything needs to be 'deep' to be enjoyable, it's just interesting to see the protagonist's growth over time and how he interacts with an alien symbiotic life form.
Sep 18, 2021 11:40 AM

May 2021
SynapticBlast said:
darrenkbenn said:

Evidently the majority of people don't agree with your opinion though, it's a widely loved show, so it's not overrated...
Again, calling something you don't agree with 'dumb' or 'overrated' isn't a healthy way to view things...
I don't consider it a masterpiece, but it's a good show with fun battles and an interesting horror setting.
Not everything needs to be 'deep' to be enjoyable, it's just interesting to see the protagonist's growth over time and how he interacts with an alien symbiotic life form.

my thread starts with me questioning why "MOST" people consider it really good, when all I see are flaws.
"not everything need to be deep or enjoyable"
um you trying to make fun of your intelligence while watching something?
This anime is evidently "trying"(in my opinion) to be deep, when most of its messages are philosophical even the ending.
doesn't need to be enjoyable?
dude what? do watch anime to write exams or something ?

Sep 18, 2021 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:
Emanon0 said:

take a hypothetical situation, if I consider boku no pico a masterpiece and you call it trash, we both actually can't come into an agreement no matter what happens.

I mean I wouldn't argue with you if you call NGE mediocre cuz its not an anime for everyone and its a fact.
I have seen people who hate death note, lain etc but just because something deep or has a overly well written plot, or mind games at its peak, doesn't change someone's opinion.
I have a read/watched a lot of which "I'' consider deep anime/movies/books/manga etc., but parasyte's supposedly deep message that you speak of was nothing but mediocre for me.

I never said anything about your opinion i totally respect it i just wanted to tell you that ignoring the philosophical aspect and call it mediocre is kinda unfair. If you rated it 1 or 10 this is none of my business but i wanted to state that mediocre is too harsh. Like it or dislike it it's your own taste in the end of the day. You posted a thread and i just wanted to participate, i don't know why people bring opinion in everything like we are just debating for fun and Gaining new things. If i said anything offensive than i apologies cuz i am not the kind of persons that talk with opinions and stuff i just like debating with respect it's not a matter of my opinion and your opinion. Just an opened debate.
I didn't understand what you meant in the part of evangelion. I love evangelion
Again you opened a discussion and i answered. I still don't understand what is the connection between this and opinion. If everybody stick to their opinions and refuse to debate i don't even know why they even discuss.
Sep 18, 2021 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:
SynapticBlast said:

my thread starts with me questioning why "MOST" people consider it really good, when all I see are flaws.
"not everything need to be deep or enjoyable"
um you trying to make fun of your intelligence while watching something?
This anime is evidently "trying"(in my opinion) to be deep, when most of its messages are philosophical even the ending.
doesn't need to be enjoyable?
dude what? do watch anime to write exams or something ?

I don't pretend to be intelligent when watching Japanese cartoons bro.
It has mature themes and a plot of self-discovery, but is not a super 'deep' show.
Why'd you suffer through watching it if you didn't enjoy it? Sounds like a waste of time to me.
Also I didn't say 'doesn't need to be enjoyable'
I said it doesn't need to be 'deep' to be enjoyable. I also said 'not everything needs to be deep to be enjoyable, not 'not everything need to be deep or enjoyable'.
Sep 18, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2021
you'll always have to sacrifice a few shows to the 'masterpiece hype'.
Sep 18, 2021 11:52 AM
May 2021
Not gonna lie I would say its underrated
Sep 18, 2021 11:56 AM

May 2021
Emanon0 said:
darrenkbenn said:

I never said anything about your opinion i totally respect it i just wanted to tell you that ignoring the philosophical aspect and call it mediocre is kinda unfair. If you rated it 1 or 10 this is none of my business but i wanted to state that mediocre is too harsh. Like it or dislike it it's your own taste in the end of the day. You posted a thread and i just wanted to participate, i don't know why people bring opinion in everything like we are just debating for fun and Gaining new things. If i said anything offensive than i apologies cuz i am not the kind of persons that talk with opinions and stuff i just like debating with respect it's not a matter of my opinion and your opinion. Just an opened debate.
I didn't understand what you meant in the part of evangelion. I love evangelion
Again you opened a discussion and i answered. I still don't understand what is the connection between this and opinion. If everybody stick to their opinions and refuse to debate i don't even know why they even discuss.

You're are really nice dude tbh.
Again, I said I didn't ignore the philosophical message I just didn't find it appealing as much you.

Evangelion is not loved by everyone(minority) because some might find it depressing nature, broken characters, painfully hard to understand lore etc., unappealing.

"Again you opened a discussion and i answered. I still don't understand what is the connection between this and opinion. If everybody stick to their opinions and refuse to debate i don't even know why they even discuss."

well this makes sense. We both stand with our points and refuse to back down, lets agree with something-
you like this show, I dont.

I'm not angry btw I just think that this debate is going nowhere.

you're cool dude I'm sending you a friend request xD

Sep 18, 2021 12:03 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread Locked For breaking Anime Discussion Rule 2.E
e. MAL community data
    e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
    e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
    e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
    Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

Topics regarding ratings/ranking/scores will mostly encourage arguments (flame wars) more so than having a meaningful discussion. Can also use the official "Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread" when wanting to discuss about an overrated/underrated anime.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.