Forum Settings
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2021 4:20 PM

Apr 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The chapter felt a little bit too fast paced but I can live with it. The exhibition is coming soon and the kids are giving presentations in front of the class but the one that mentally broke down was Sae-chan. Hashida's face expression nearly killed me and same goes for Sae's. Well, she was at her limit. She came back after she calmed down but that's it. The next day, more like the last day, she made a collaboration painting with Hashida. And ong, does that father even think about his daughter's feeling? Probably not. Hashida was on the verge of getting mad but he suppressed himself. He let his emotions take control over him and that's probably why he said that he can't be a teacher.

The exhibition went on without a problem and that was also Hashida's last conversation with Sae. And Yaguchi always has to comment on everything xD

The part time arc or whatever you call it is over and he's a second year now. And a face we all know is finally back!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 20, 2021 1:35 PM

Apr 2018
That was heartbraking. To see a young child break down like that from the stress at such a young age... Really shows that you shouldn't put so many expectations on a small child.

So Hashida saw himself in Sae-chan. It was very sweet of him to do a collaboration work with Sae-chan. Both him and her could confide in some way with that painting.

ALSO WHO DAFUQ JUST LOOK AT A DRAWING AND GOES "OH YEAH I SHOULD RIP THIS APART". FNKAFBAH My fucking heart sank like wtf is wrong with this dad, thankfully Hashida wasn't having it, that painting is important to both him and Sae-chan.

Sae-chan quit. She can finally rest up and have actual good childhood fun :)

Hashida also quit. As his sister said, he got too involved.

AYYY LOOK WHO PASSED! i forgot her name it has indeed been that long.
Oct 1, 2021 11:13 PM

Oct 2017
Fuck it, this was way too depressing. Sae didn't deserve this. Hashida almost lost it there but Yatora stopped him at the last moment.

Yo Maki's finally here, hell yeah!
Oct 8, 2021 8:33 AM

Sep 2016
I think this chapter goes to show how comparisons to other people's art is completely unfair and how it can tear down ones self-esteem. Parents may think that comparing their kid to others is going to help motivate them to do this or that, but in the long-run it makes the kid feel like they'll never be good enough or that their parents aren't satisfied with who they are. From an artist's perspective (I'm in art school), I experience feelings like Sae-chan more often than not. I also know other artists who experience the feeling of their art not being good enough.
"Why can't I draw any better than this?!"
"I'm jealous of how good everyone else is!"
"I can't draw like Shikahara-san! I'm jealous! I'm jealous of everybody else! I love drawing but why am I so lousy at it!"
You can tell that her self-esteem's taken a dip when she says "But I'm incapable of doing anything"
Also ughhh why'd her dad rip her drawing in half. I get his intentions but that sucked.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Nov 4, 2021 4:52 PM
Nov 2020
Does anyone know what Yatora meant when he said that Hashida was "a bit too perceptive"?
TheFlipFlopNov 18, 2021 7:20 PM
Nov 4, 2021 5:19 PM

Apr 2018
TheFlipFlop said:
Does anyone know what Yatora mean when he said that Hashida was "a bit too perceptive"?

He meant that Hashida is good at understanding or figuring things out. In this case, how Sae-chan felt about art and stuff like that. Another word for perceptive that you might understand is ''insightful''.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 6, 2021 3:38 AM

Oct 2016
KUWANA YES! I missed her so much, she looks amazing. But why is there 1 chapter left for me to binge fuck, right when she comes back I caught up, fuck.

But holy fuck though, when we first started this part time arc, I never imagined that it would get this heavy, in fact this was probably the heaviest arc in the series. It was fantastic for Yatora, but Hashida on the other hand, as Saeki-sensei said, we still don't know how this would affect him in the future. It's great that we got to find out more about Hashida's thoughts though. We always thought him to be this well-grounded guy, but he also has his own personal issues that he deals with.

Feel really bad for Sae-chan so much. Can't really fully blame Sae-chan's dad or mom, they're just clueless as hell, but that's real as fuck.
Dec 29, 2021 6:16 AM

Jan 2021
Lets gooooo!!! Seems like Kuwana passed this time.
Glad for her.
Jan 15, 2023 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
no uwu but hashida is a total lolicon.
Feb 28, 2023 6:16 AM
Sep 2021
So intense and painful about Sae-chan.
I'm glad that I can understand Haruka a little bit more, because he's my bias<3
Apr 26, 2023 10:44 AM
Aug 2020
The intensity is going off the roof
Aug 15, 2023 12:26 AM

Apr 2020
I'm just satisfied enough that they don't push Sae-chan to death into taking lessons anymore

Kuwana passed, yay! 🎉

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 3 Discussion

NextUniverse - Dec 5, 2020

8 by nathanhello »»
Apr 23, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 64 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 27, 2023

3 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 5, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 6 Discussion

NextUniverse - Jan 8, 2021

5 by Dead_Pari_ »»
Apr 2, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 26 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jan 21, 2021

5 by Tempest_16 »»
Mar 28, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 63 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 27, 2023

2 by DefeatingMe »»
Mar 9, 5:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.