Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2021 4:41 PM
Nov 2020
so i decided to start berserk i just wanna know if the adaptation is good i don't really care about the animation /visuals/characters design but is there anything deleted from the manga or skipped events etc...
Sep 13, 2021 4:47 PM
Mar 2021
Skull night an wyald
Sep 13, 2021 5:06 PM

May 2021
This adaptation only covers The Golden Age arc but it's a really damn good adaptation. I can't say it's a good manga replacement and you should still read the manga but it's 100% worth a watch.
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime
Sep 13, 2021 5:09 PM
Jul 2019
The whole first arc is skipped in the 97 anime. It only covers the golden age arc which is like 1/4 of the manga. The 97 anime is good but the art in the manga is some the best you’ll ever find. I would highly recommend to just read the manga and then go back and watch the 97 anime if you really enjoy the series.
Sep 13, 2021 5:17 PM
Nov 2020
HakeemP said:
This adaptation only covers The Golden Age arc but it's a really damn good adaptation. I can't say it's a good manga replacement and you should still read the manga but it's 100% worth a watch.
omonray said:
The whole first arc is skipped in the 97 anime. It only covers the golden age arc which is like 1/4 of the manga. The 97 anime is good but the art in the manga is some the best you’ll ever find. I would highly recommend to just read the manga and then go back and watch the 97 anime if you really enjoy the series.
so i guess i need to read the manga after all thank u , appreciate your help šŸ˜Š
Sep 13, 2021 5:38 PM

Jun 2015
This anime serves as a good introduction to the manga. Not a spoiler, but only the first episode covers the first bit of the Black Swordsman arc which is the first 3 volumes, then it jumps to the Golden Age arc in episode 2. The way the anime approaches everything you receive a majority of what the Berserk manga is from the first episode as the Golden Age arc is much different in many ways compared to any other arc in the series. You’ll be left in shock by the time you get to the last leg of the anime but if you read the manga, there’s a lot more set up and you’ll have a vague idea for what to anticipate but not how it unfolds. Both ways of digesting Berserk are great.

In my opinion, the manga came out first so perhaps read up to the Golden Age arc, then watch the ‘97 anime, as it really only captures that arc and it’s great to witness it all animated in that classic 90s style with a stellar soundtrack. I enjoyed watching the anime first as it was designed to get people to read the manga and once reading the manga, the buildup to the conclusion of the anime was intense and worth the read. If you do end up watching the anime first, I wouldn’t recommend starting the manga from where the anime left off as the anime doesn’t adapt everything within the first 13 volumes.
Sep 13, 2021 5:56 PM
Nov 2020
I just started reading the manga after watching 1997 Berserk. I really loved this anime. A few things are left out of Guts childhood so you might want to read some of the manga first but I think you will enjoy it either way.
Sep 13, 2021 7:37 PM

Jan 2020
I would say this was a great adaptation. Especially when compared to it's amazing manga

Sep 14, 2021 2:10 AM
Feb 2021
nabillkz5 said:
so i decided to start berserk i just wanna know if the adaptation is good i don't really care about the animation /visuals/characters design but is there anything deleted from the manga or skipped events etc...
it skips the worst written character of the first part of the manga, so it’s totally worth it
Sep 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Oct 2020
I have yet to read the manga, however this is a DAMN good anime !
I know it covers the golden age arc, but that's about it...i would recommend this anime to anyone who is into dark fantasy !
Sep 15, 2021 3:50 PM
Mar 2021
nabillkz5 said:
there is a lot skipped but it doesn’t change the fact that it is good you should definitely finish the anime then read it
Sep 15, 2021 11:16 PM
Sep 2021
There are a majority of things skipped, including the complete first arc of the manga, aswell as other details that make a big impact on the story and it's characters. Can't
forget to mention that the art in the manga is the best in it's medium, with almost each page being a masterpiece as it evolves over the course of every arc, including an unbelievably articulate and heartcrushing story to go along with the ultimate eye candy.

The anime doesn't live up to the manga in the slightest, but isn't a trainwreck of an adaption for what it's worth, having quite an amazing soundtrack and a great English cast. Though I still cannot recommend the manga enough. It's a must read the moment you finish the anime or are just about to pick it up, so do yourself a favor and get into the world of Berserk.
Knight_InRedSep 15, 2021 11:28 PM

More topics from this board

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

514 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

76 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

78 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

82 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 10:43 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.