Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2021 4:53 PM
Nov 2020
How good is it and is it finished?( in the anime)
Aug 21, 2021 5:03 PM
Jul 2020
It is very good. Not sure how one defines finished but since one of the manga creators died sadly we only got one season and a OVA
Aug 21, 2021 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
It's a classic, if you like animes that don't take themselves seriously this is top tier
Aug 21, 2021 5:25 PM
Jan 2021
Objectively, No. however if your looking for dumb fun and you don’t take it to serious you’ll enjoy it
Aug 21, 2021 5:36 PM
Mar 2021
Post-apocalyptic zombie anime is hard to find. this series is concise and satisfying .d
Aug 21, 2021 6:09 PM

Jul 2015
Absolute garbage and an insult to zombie apocalypse genre.
It tries so hard to conceal obvious lack of anything with shitload of absurd fanservice, but fanservice is such a low quality, it looks rather pathetic.
There is literally nothing that you'll like.

If you want ecchi, it's awful.
If you want zombies, it has no story or substance. Just walking boobs and edginess for 12 or so episodes.

Aug 21, 2021 6:51 PM
Aug 2021
Great way to kill an afternoon when you have nothing else going on
Aug 21, 2021 7:30 PM
Aug 2020
It’s memorable ig.. does zombie plot line very well but overallI’d say a 6
Aug 21, 2021 8:06 PM
Jul 2021
If you like ecchi genre this is a good pick for u but it has less compared to highschool dxd. As per me this anime is a really anime. The characters are good and the graphics are also good. I would recommend to watch it.
P.S - Watch it alone... :)
Aug 21, 2021 8:24 PM

Aug 2020
It's really bad imo
Aug 21, 2021 8:29 PM

Jan 2020
I personally didn't think it was too great. The only thing I was able to appreciate was the fan service, which was really out of place if you ask me
Aug 21, 2021 8:31 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
It tries so hard to conceal obvious lack of anything with shitload of absurd fanservice, but fanservice is such a low quality, it looks rather pathetic.

If you want zombies, it has no story or substance. Just walking boobs and edginess for 12 or so episodes.
Bro wtf are you on about shit load of fan service?? You gave High school DXD a 9, eromanga sensie a 10, and Dan Manchi a 9. It’s a basic zombie show for edgy teens to enjoy and overall it’s just dumb fun it doesn’t even take it self serious so what are you on about it’s a disgrace to the genre as a wholeπŸ’€
Aug 21, 2021 8:36 PM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
This show for me was absolutely fuckin hot garbage..... and I loved it. Its the type of show thats so bad that its good. If you want a good time and something to just laugh at, highly recommend it
Aug 21, 2021 8:43 PM
May 2021
MeganeKun_ said:
IMO It’s a really good zombie type anime, the only thing is don’t expect another season. Unfortunately the author passed away and manga was never finished. All in all still a really good show, it has action, gore, decent characters, and it’s a ecchi. If that sounds good then watch it.
Aug 21, 2021 8:45 PM

Jul 2015
CrispyG said:
Piromysl said:

Bro wtf are you on about shit load of fan service?? You gave High school DXD a 9, eromanga sensie a 10, and Dan Manchi a 9. It’s a basic zombie show for edgy teens to enjoy and overall it’s just dumb fun it doesn’t even take it self serious so what are you on about it’s a disgrace to the genre as a wholeπŸ’€

It's garbage, which lacks self-awarness and tries to portray itself as some sort of zombie survival anime, but conceals the bullshit, lack of any substance and author's gross incompetence by lowest possible quality of fanservice and expects us to be distracted.
This show literally insults viewers by expecting us to enjoy it. There is literally not a single redeeming quality in this show, even if I would try to look for very hard.

On the contrary, those shows you listed are fun and retarded ride, that require your brain to turn off to actually enjoy. You get what you see and and that's it.
In case of HotD you'll get disaapointed even if you expect nothing.
You don't get any interesting or cute character to distract you from all this mess. Quite the opposite.
There are no funny jokes or anything.
Honestly, I only watched this shit till the end just to see this pink c*nt being torn apart by zombies and was totally disaapointed.

Btw, I believe I put up a disclaimer, that my scores mean literally nothing.
PiromyslAug 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Aug 21, 2021 8:57 PM
Jan 2013
It's alright tbh, I'd say it's something you should watch but don't go in expecting a 10/10 show
Aug 21, 2021 9:02 PM
Jan 2013
MeganeKun_ said:
No, it's not finished. It was supposed to continue with a second season, it's even said at the end of the OVA, but the creator, Daisuke Sato, decided to not finish the manga do to the earthquake that hit Japan in 2011 because he didn't want to depict a post-apocalyptic Japan after the damage it caused. He later passed away in 2017 and it was decided to leave it as is.
Aug 21, 2021 9:12 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
CrispyG said:

It's garbage, which lacks self-awarness and tries to portray itself as some sort of zombie survival anime, but conceals the bullshit, lack of any substance and author's gross incompetence by lowest possible quality of fanservice and expects us to be distracted.
This show literally insults viewers by expecting us to enjoy it. There is literally not a single redeeming quality in this show, even if I would try to look for very hard.

On the contrary, those shows you listed are fun and retarded ride, that require your brain to turn off to actually enjoy. You get what you see and and that's it.
You don't get any interesting or cute character to distract you from all this mess. Quite the opposite.
Honestly, I only watched this shit till the end just to see this pink c*nt being torn apart by zombies and was totally disaapointed.

bro this is exactly the problem your taking this anime way to serious, if you force your self to watch it and try to find its “Redeeming quality’s” your not going to enjoy, it’s quite literally dumb fun you put on when your and have nothing else to watch. And my point was that on your anime list you gave shows that are exactly the fucking same you gave them 10 out of 10 and preach about how high school of the dead is trash because it has nothing but fan service like that was the fucking point
Aug 21, 2021 9:18 PM
Jan 2021
Imo it's kinda hot garbage an enjoyable show to watch but not a very strong plot
Aug 21, 2021 9:19 PM

Jul 2015
CrispyG said:
Piromysl said:

bro this is exactly the problem your taking this anime way to serious, if you force your self to watch it and try to find its “Redeeming quality’s” your not going to enjoy, it’s quite literally dumb fun you put on when your and have nothing else to watch. And my point was that on your anime list you gave shows that are exactly the fucking same you gave them 10 out of 10 and preach about how high school of the dead is trash because it has nothing but fan service like that was the fucking point

You just don't get it, do you?
Just like you can't seem to grasp, that my scores are literally irrelevant, despite me pointing it twice already, yet you still seem to push it.
Pointless. Bye.

Aug 21, 2021 9:20 PM
Mar 2021
Well... The writing is terrible and ridiculous, It takes itself waaaay too seriously, and the edginess feels bad placed as is constantly mixed with the ecchi and boob shoots so is in many times weird, but on the other hand, animations and visuals are great, the protagonist is fine and the ironic comedy can catch you more than once, I personally found it very enjoyable
Aug 21, 2021 9:37 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
CrispyG said:

Just like you can't seem to grasp, that my scores are literally irrelevant, despite me pointing it twice already, yet you still seem to push it.
Pointless. Bye.
you said in your fucking comment that those shows I named are just dumb fun you turn your brain off to enjoy, this is exactly why I pointed it out. It doesn’t matter if your scores don’t mean anything you enjoyed them because you turned off your brain and had dumb fun, High school of the dead is a show that is required for you to turn off your brain too and enjoy. Yet your taking the anime way to serious. You get exactly what you expect a dumb fun ride about a zombie apocalypse In the point of view of a teenager so you can self insert yourself because no teenage boy ever hasn’t wished they were a zombie apocalypse with a bunch of hot chicks.
Aug 21, 2021 9:42 PM
Jul 2021
CrispyG said:
Piromysl said:

Pointless. Bye.
you said in your fucking comment that those shows I named are just dumb fun you turn your brain off to enjoy, this is exactly why I pointed it out. It doesn’t matter if your scores don’t mean anything you enjoyed them because you turned off your brain and had dumb fun, High school of the dead is a show that is required for you to turn off your brain too and enjoy. Yet your taking the anime way to serious. You get exactly what you expect a dumb fun ride about a zombie apocalypse In the point of view of a teenager so you can self insert yourself because no teenage boy ever hasn’t wished they were a zombie apocalypse with a bunch of hot chicks.
ignore them lol they’re just hating on it for appeal πŸ˜‚
Aug 21, 2021 10:24 PM

May 2021
Piromysl said:

I never really got the quote un quote echhi in hsod except for the 1 episode whe there in the bath and the one he uses her books for his rifle gun there wasn't really that much ecchi
Aug 22, 2021 12:50 AM
Aug 2021
Piromysl said:

Couldn't agree more, bought this back in the day and hated so much I returned it. All it was was fanservice. If you want a post-apocolyptic anime I'm sure there are better options out there. Casheern Sins comes to mind.
Aug 22, 2021 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
MeganeKun_ said:
MeganeKun_ said:
Honestly, it’s mediocre at best
Aug 22, 2021 2:20 AM
May 2021
Honestly totally garbage.

Total shit and complete waste of time.
Aug 22, 2021 3:38 AM
Apr 2021
It’s really okay
Aug 22, 2021 6:36 AM
Jan 2021
It’s so bad but it’s definetly a fun watch.
Aug 22, 2021 7:33 AM
Dec 2020
My #1 Guilty pleasure
Aug 22, 2021 8:22 AM
Jul 2016
It is really bad. But if you do like ecchi, you can watch this. Or if you are 14
Aug 22, 2021 8:54 AM
Mar 2021
Straight up garbage. The characters are either stupid or sexualized, no hate for fan service but i think it's a little too much that it pains me to see women getting sexualized and poorly written. Character traits are unbelievable and incredibly stupid. Everyone is stupid in this anime.
Aug 22, 2021 2:50 PM
Mar 2021
Really it's not very good, it's like an hentai and an anime at the same time, it's kinda weird actually.
Aug 22, 2021 2:51 PM

Jan 2020
Depends on what you consider to be good. I would say it's a hit or miss show so you might like it or not

It's popular so give it a go if you want

Aug 22, 2021 6:19 PM
Oct 2017
idk if i loved it because i watched it as a teenager, but from what i remember it was pretty goddamn fun to watch, and its not finished nor does ot end on a cliff hanger

like HxH, it stopped in a satisfying point
but you will want to watch more and there isn't more
Aug 22, 2021 11:05 PM

Oct 2020
The plot is unfinished (at least the anime)
Me personaly i didn't like it too much, i thiught it was mediocre at best :/
Aug 22, 2021 11:22 PM

Sep 2013
I think people who really hate this show don't understand that it's literally the B-movie of anime. Action starts right away, zombies, violence, tits... its basically akin to a Tromaville movie.
There's no need for all this tension.
Aug 23, 2021 1:35 AM

Aug 2020
It's not as good as Highschool DxD in terms of action ecchi anime but still good

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Aug 23, 2021 12:32 PM

Aug 2019
If you're here for the zombie action (MY CASE) it is going to be the most disappointing thing ever. It's basically PG stuff, there are no amazing zombie kills, no gore, no schlock, no ridiculous insanity (other than a couple H camera angles).

If you're here for the T&A, they are very generic anime looking girls, nothing really stands out on that regard, watch Manyuu Hikkenchou or some other super H show.

I'd recommend skipping it.
Aug 29, 2021 10:05 PM
Mar 2020
One of those guilty pleasure shows. It's fun to watch if you like action and ecchi.
Aug 29, 2021 10:05 PM
Mar 2020
One of those guilty pleasure shows. It's fun to watch if you like action and ecchi.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.