Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
A pretty alright volume, the first volume I actually felt was okay and passable since the sixth one. And it's a side stories collection volume too, so even more surprised. The first side story collection wasn't that good but this was a lot better, and even reminded me of Kokoro Connect's side story volumes that actually improved the whole cast and series as a whole through them. I will say, this volume also arguably is my favorite of the series so far. Not perfect, but fine stuff overall.

The first story involved Shinichi being a shut-in (again) after what happened in the previous volume with Myucel, Petralka and Elvia with the forbidden armor business where Shinichi wore one of the female armors himself to save them, all leading to him getting his ass kicked due to his 'desires' spilling out. The main story was about how the others wanted Shinichi to break out of being a shut-in and be with the group again, trying out various twisted methods like having a party without him around and baiting him with great aroma from dishes, to even faking like the epidemic happening at the palace got everyone and Shinichi was all alone. Pretty basic stuff but I didn't mind this little story much, did show how worried everyone truly were without him around and how much he meant to them.

But for me, the second story involving Brooke and Cerise's new born children was the best one. Shinichi really struggled to get Man'ya to bond with him and was bitten over and over again while she was comfortable with everyone else since birth, but he really tried to be a loving uncle to her and eventually while sick, he won her over after he took care of her the entire time, to the point where Man'ya younger siblings when born would bite him all over and she would call them out, trying to protect Shinichi. Pretty sweet stuff overall.

The final story was meh but did actually show some feelings brewing from Hikaru's side as he was shown to like Elvia after how she treated him well no matter how he looks or what gender he is, and that drawing of him really made him feel happy by the end. Elvia definitely doesn't feel the same way currently but it's nice to see Hikaru get some amount of spotlight with a side story like this and showing that he does have a lot of feelings going on inside him beyond just teasing and messing with Shinichi and work.
animejasAug 6, 2021 11:26 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Outbreak Company: Moeru Shinryakusha Volume 18 Discussion

animejas - Aug 6, 2021

2 by MimKJWPqmYxFZwoY »»
Feb 15, 2023 9:48 AM

Poll: » Outbreak Company: Moeru Shinryakusha Volume 12 Discussion

animejas - Aug 5, 2021

4 by Ryuseishun »»
Jan 1, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company: Moeru Shinryakusha Volume 17 Discussion

animejas - Aug 6, 2021

0 by animejas »»
Aug 6, 2021 1:38 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company: Moeru Shinryakusha Volume 16 Discussion

animejas - Aug 6, 2021

0 by animejas »»
Aug 6, 2021 12:15 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company: Moeru Shinryakusha Volume 15 Discussion

animejas - Aug 6, 2021

0 by animejas »»
Aug 6, 2021 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.