Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2021 5:06 AM

Jun 2020
I noticed at the statistics this has more completed than the previous episode are people skipping the previous episode or just some trolls?
Jul 28, 2021 8:46 AM

Apr 2018
There's always dumbasses who jumped straight into the entry they found on the top 100 without checking if it has a prequel or not, same case of Aria series which a lot people skipping the first two seasons (Imagine starting a series on ep 41).
Jul 28, 2021 10:23 AM
Feb 2020
HaChiiman said:
There's always dumbasses who jumped straight into the entry they found on the top 100 without checking if it has a prequel or not, same case of Aria series which a lot people skipping the first two seasons (Imagine starting a series on ep 41).

This right here. Go check Gintama 2015 it has more members than season 2 and 3. Literally skipping 64 episodes
Jul 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Mar 2019
cuzpLay said:
I noticed at the statistics this has more completed than the previous episode are people skipping the previous episode or just some trolls?
People skipping episodes, or trolls? I say both, considering Eps 8 manga is ranked in Top 40. I mean, just look at 1/10 statistics.

HaChiiman said:
same case of Aria series which a lot people skipping the first two seasons (Imagine starting a series on ep 41).
Ah yes this too. Really sucks seeing something like this. I feel like people are getting too hyped up on score and rank, that they forget to check if there are prequels or such.
-Mention-Jul 28, 2021 4:15 PM

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Jul 29, 2021 7:22 AM

Sep 2020
Some people just give it a 1 without reading it,others read it without the previous parts just because it is highly rated same happened to ashita no joe 2nd season , aria the origination and even Gintama seasons
Welcome to MAL lol
Sukeroku_IVJul 29, 2021 7:26 AM
Jul 30, 2021 9:58 AM

Jan 2021
SenseiC_ said:
HaChiiman said:

This right here. Go check Gintama 2015 it has more members than season 2 and 3. Literally skipping 64 episodes

This is why you check the ''prequel, sequel'' first before starting an anime you found on internet. But i saw ppl watching Clannad after story first, so its obviously because of the animes being in top 50.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 3, 2021 10:32 PM

Jun 2020
Oussamabenzekou said:
Some people just give it a 1 without reading it,others read it without the previous parts just because it is highly rated same happened to ashita no joe 2nd season , aria the origination and even Gintama seasons
Welcome to MAL lol
I highly agree lol, I didn't even know that people skip Gintama.
Aug 3, 2021 10:48 PM

Jan 2020
It's the highest rated so naturally it gets a lot more attention.

For example, gintama season 4 (with 9.09) has more members than any other season except the first.. It's weird

Aug 4, 2021 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
Scores are big deal for those people. They literally jump off to any high rated sequels without trying the prequels. Well, that's it.
Aug 4, 2021 7:05 AM
Feb 2017
Although other answers here makes perfect sense. But I think it could be because in the visual novel, proper answers were not given, so, many VN readers (including me) read only the 8th episode for the "confessions of the golden witch" chapters and some other small bits. I speedrun the entire manga when I was reading the visual novel side by side btw, but I read the 7th and 8th episode' manga properly because of the extra stuff and some differences.
Aug 5, 2021 6:39 AM
Nov 2019
It could be VN readers checking out the manga after reading the VN to see how episode 8 was adapted. I have only just finished episode 6 but I have heard that episode 8 in the manga has slight variations which does make me curious so naturally I'd check out the manga. Looking at it from this perspective it makes sense why this episode has a higher reader count than the previous one.
Sep 11, 2021 6:36 PM

Nov 2016
A lot of people reccomend to read this along side the VN mostly because of the "Confessions" part. There are also the obvious trolls and people that don't know what a multi-part series is but let's just ignore that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2021 6:38 PM

Nov 2016
powerOfNeo107 said:
It could be VN readers checking out the manga after reading the VN to see how episode 8 was adapted. I have only just finished episode 6 but I have heard that episode 8 in the manga has slight variations which does make me curious so naturally I'd check out the manga. Looking at it from this perspective it makes sense why this episode has a higher reader count than the previous one.

Yes, it has a lot of differences. It has a whole entire flashback arc that wasn't in the VN (Well, technically it was but it was glossed over there, Ironic that the VN ends up being more fleshed out than the manga here).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2021 7:06 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I know some people who watch all the related stuff but only put either the very first or the very last entry. Also, the number indicating the members also includes the people who put this entry on their plan to read list.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 3, 2022 9:10 PM

Mar 2016
cuzpLay said:

This manga, especially the omnibus English version, is the most 'popular' in respect to being published. This means that previous installments like episode 7 and prior are not currently publishing, leaving the re-selling in the hands of third-party venders or people trying to flip the manga for delusional prices. Prices around the 80-450 USD mark. AKA, this Episode is the easiest to get right now and has been for awhile. This is probably why it has more entries than the previous installments.
Of course all of this discounts the advent of digital manga but we all know that's not real manga. Most people I know don't even list a digital read.
Femboy_HootersJan 3, 2022 9:14 PM
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 28, 2022 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Most of VN readers only read this episode cause it has more clear answers about story.
May 29, 2022 11:16 AM

Jan 2019
Mileena-san said:
Most of VN readers only read this episode cause it has more clear answers about story.

and for the emotional factor and...for the boat scene ;/
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jun 25, 2022 9:19 AM
Mar 2021
There is the fact though that the visual novel has an open ending while episodes 8 and 7 of the manga close the plot points that were open ended. Though I don’t think too many people actually have read the visual novel so I assume the rating is the bigger cause

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 42 Discussion

allenjke - Mar 11, 2016

35 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 41 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Mar 2, 2018

3 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:22 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 40 Discussion

DefeatingMe - Oct 29, 2023

0 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 4:27 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 39 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Mar 2, 2018

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:15 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 38 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Feb 27, 2018

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 2:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.