Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2021 6:23 AM
Apr 2021
So in the end ash couldn’t live a peaceful life. All of his life he lived with pain and suffering.
Jul 27, 2021 6:37 AM
Feb 2021
All the big moments of his life had pain and sufffering. But the little things in life must of had some joy. He had Shorter (R.I.P) some members of his gang and Eiji for the last leg of it. You have to find sunshine in the rain to keep on living.
Jul 27, 2021 7:24 AM

Apr 2021
shaani05 said:
So in the end ash couldn’t live a peaceful life. All of his life he lived with pain and suffering.

The writer just wanted to do it to make it more sad. There was no reason for him to not go to Japan.
I love Monogatari Series
Jul 27, 2021 11:21 AM
Feb 2021
Mappa has him as ending up alive on their site. For this series, fuck the manga. Ash was taken to a hospital after he passed out as far as I'm concerned.
Jul 27, 2021 11:31 AM
Jun 2021
Don’t worry I think everyone who watched Banana fish sobbed for a full 10 hours of their life because of it. :,)

-My soul will always be with you (I’m sorry I just-)
Jul 27, 2021 12:07 PM

Oct 2020
shaani05 said:

I think there was a video on youtube that predicted there was gonna be a death or not end in a happy ending based on the short story analysis on “A Perfect day for Banana Fish” by J.D Salinger.
He was cursed from the start.
Jul 27, 2021 1:40 PM
May 2021
That was so sad... The whole story.
Jul 27, 2021 4:28 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly it personally makes the anime better imo, I like watching anime when people suffer.
Jul 27, 2021 5:24 PM
Jul 2020
Welcome to the club :,)

Jul 29, 2021 10:46 AM
Jun 2021
anayeet1 said:
shaani05 said:

I think there was a video on youtube that predicted there was gonna be a death or not end in a happy ending based on the short story analysis on “A Perfect day for Banana Fish” by J.D Salinger.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking- saw a comment under King Gnu’s ‘Prayer X’- yep, that banger of an outro- and it really got me thinking. Was like: ‘The worst part of all is that Ash has always wanted to die, but then the second he found out that he wanted to live for someone else he gets stabbed and dies.’ And it’s true. Ash didn’t want to die. At least, not until he actually reads Eiji’s letter and we find he’s actually on his way to the airport before he gets stabbed by Lao, and then he’s kinda reminded of the fact that he’s a ‘killer’, and that their love would prove a tragedy- not something the Ash Lynx couldn’t have overcome, knowing him- which is why we find him going to the library instead of asking for help, where he eventually dies.

Seriously tho, anytime you feel sad about Ash, just think about the legacy he leaves behind, how he still gets Eiji, Sing and many other associates to think about him after 7 years, as explored in ‘Garden of Light'- if you haven't, do check that out, as well as 'Angel Eyes'- it is going to make you shed a few tears, but it's surely something.

And, for all those 'Given' stans out there who are also fans of BF, have a little something by Kizu Natsuki, for Ash: https://i.redd.it/yrc58i8zx8971.jpg
Jul 29, 2021 11:35 AM
Jun 2021
Also, think of it as Eiji having saved Ash, and given him ‘salvation’ from all his strife- Yoshida said that, unlike the innocent, naive conveyance of Eij’s character in the anime, she believed he was the stronger of him and Ash, similar to the Japanese saying: ‘Willows do not break but bend under the snow’, where she likens Eiji to the willow tree that remains as the last tree standing even after the most powerful of storms, to Ash’s strong, hard tree that is blown away as soon as it is in the storm’s hold.
Jul 29, 2021 1:00 PM

Oct 2020
ThatWheatFlour said:
anayeet1 said:

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking- saw a comment under King Gnu’s ‘Prayer X’- yep, that banger of an outro- and it really got me thinking. Was like: ‘The worst part of all is that Ash has always wanted to die, but then the second he found out that he wanted to live for someone else he gets stabbed and dies.’ And it’s true. Ash didn’t want to die. At least, not until he actually reads Eiji’s letter and we find he’s actually on his way to the airport before he gets stabbed by Lao, and then he’s kinda reminded of the fact that he’s a ‘killer’, and that their love would prove a tragedy- not something the Ash Lynx couldn’t have overcome, knowing him- which is why we find him going to the library instead of asking for help, where he eventually dies.

Seriously tho, anytime you feel sad about Ash, just think about the legacy he leaves behind, how he still gets Eiji, Sing and many other associates to think about him after 7 years, as explored in ‘Garden of Light'- if you haven't, do check that out, as well as 'Angel Eyes'- it is going to make you shed a few tears, but it's surely something.

And, for all those 'Given' stans out there who are also fans of BF, have a little something by Kizu Natsuki, for Ash: https://i.redd.it/yrc58i8zx8971.jpg

Oh yea, I'll definitely check out 'Garden of Light" and 'Angel Eyes'! I wasn't aware there was a something after the story. Is it in the manga or like a side story?
Jul 29, 2021 1:08 PM
Jun 2021
Very confusing, but it’s kinda part of the manga- I mean, it’s definitely official as one of Yoshida’s works, but nah, I wouldn’t really say side story, cause she stated in an interview that it’s a sequel of sorts, set 7 years after Ash’s death. ‘Garden Of Light’’s the main one you might wanna look out for, as the one I was referencing ^^^ in terms of the ‘7 years’. ‘Angel Eyes’ I can’t quite remember, but it’s more of a ‘special’ than a ‘sequel’. Hope that helps!
Jul 29, 2021 4:04 PM
Jan 2021
DoobieSam said:
Mappa has him as ending up alive on their site. For this series, fuck the manga. Ash was taken to a hospital after he passed out as far as I'm concerned.
exactly! i refuse to believe that the anime ends in any other way, like hell if you look at the second opening closely you can see my man walking at night in the same outfit he was wearing in episode 24,, he must’ve been walking to the hospital after he woke up or something no??
Jul 29, 2021 5:22 PM
Feb 2021
sahara_san said:
DoobieSam said:
exactly! i refuse to believe that the anime ends in any other way, like hell if you look at the second opening closely you can see my man walking at night in the same outfit he was wearing in episode 24,, he must’ve been walking to the hospital after he woke up or something no??

Glad I'm not the only 9ne who noticed. The entire arcs opening shows us that Ash is walking his bleeding ass to the hospital.
Oct 26, 2021 11:18 AM
Mar 2021
I feel you bro, this show hurt me on another level.

Eiji is all alone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2021 11:36 AM

May 2021
aktiwkunn said:

The writer just wanted to do it to make it more sad. There was no reason for him to not go to Japan.

This. Banana Fish was okay until the author decided to do a forced sad ending.

Sep 7, 2022 8:16 AM
Dec 2017
No such thing at all as happy endings here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

346 by carladepalabras »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

121 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

69 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:41 PM

» how gay is this shit?

KuroudoAkabane - May 14, 2023

37 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 13, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

66 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.