Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2021 6:46 AM
Feb 2021
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Gimai Seikatsu Volume 3 Discussion

Gimai Seikatsu Volume 3 Description
----------------------------------------

It's their first summer break as siblings. Precious days pass as they slowly grow closer.

It's Yuuta and Saki's first summer break since they became step-siblings. Saki suddenly shows up, submits her curriculum vitae, and begins working as Yuuta's junior at the bookstore. Yuuta begins to interact with her as a senior and not as an older brother, seeing new sides of her that he previously didn't know existed.
Then one day, while working the same shift as Saki, Yomiuri Shiori notices something inauspicious in Saki's actions and brings it to Yuuta's attention.
"That girl is always serious, she's way too strict to herself, and this solitary personality will cause her problems one day."
Now Yuuta is forced to make a decision. No expectations, no overbearing meddling---Should he break their initial promise and support her in a way that would change her way of living, or let her continue to her own ruin?
What is the choice he makes as her older brother, and what is the result?

-----------------------------------------
List of Chapters

Prologue
Chapter 1: 22nd of August (Saturday)
Chapter 2: 23rd of August (Sunday)
Chapter 3: 24th of August (Monday)
Chapter 4: 25th of August (Tuesday)
Chapter 5: 26th of August (Wednesday)
Chapter 6: 27th of August (Thursday)
Chapter 7: 28th of August (Friday)
Epilogue: Ayase Saki’s Diary?
Jul 28, 2021 11:00 AM
Feb 2021
Can someone please suggest a similar ln or manga with psychological character writing like this one i just loved the asamura yutta's psychological monologues
Jul 28, 2021 8:07 PM
Jul 2021
Well, Saki's POV (in epilogue) this time was unexpected. these 'adjusting' agreement they made months ago turned out bothering her own feeling to Yuta to the point where she almost can't even hold it anymore.

Anyway, I can't help but wait to see how thing's gonna escalate in the next volume
Sep 1, 2021 9:42 AM

Jun 2012
I was quite expecting some major events to happen in the bookstore since they'll be working there side by side now but apparently nothing drastic happened, well.... maybe for later then.

To start with, I'd say it was a bit overwhelming to see that serious side of senpai during that complicated humanities talk they were debating, honestly it flew over my head since I wasn't really prepared for that nor am I that interested. That's a pretty cool addition to her layers. Need to see more from her.

But for the most important part of this volume, it's definitely Saki's jealousy surfacing here and there. It's cute, I'm pretty sure Yuuta had intuitively detected it and probably one of the reason he was getting some doubt about howSaki views him or simply just getting charmed by it.

And what a timing, as soon as he's aware, she cuts her own feelings. But will they really be able to completely throw it away and move on? That's something to look forward to but honestly I won't mind it either way.
Zaphkiel_El_RemSep 1, 2021 9:48 AM
Sep 4, 2021 4:34 AM
Jul 2021
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
I was quite expecting some major events to happen in the bookstore since they'll be working there side by side now but apparently nothing drastic happened, well.... maybe for later then.

To start with, I'd say it was a bit overwhelming to see that serious side of senpai during that complicated humanities talk they were debating, honestly it flew over my head since I wasn't really prepared for that nor am I that interested. That's a pretty cool addition to her layers. Need to see more from her.

But for the most important part of this volume, it's definitely Saki's jealousy surfacing here and there. It's cute, I'm pretty sure Yuuta had intuitively detected it and probably one of the reason he was getting some doubt about howSaki views him or simply just getting charmed by it.

And what a timing, as soon as he's aware, she cuts her own feelings. But will they really be able to completely throw it away and move on? That's something to look forward to but honestly I won't mind it either way.
Man, i was so sad that as soon as Yuuta realised his feelings for Saki, she cut her own and started calling him Nii-san. That had an affect on Yuuta to a degree, but just like it was said at some point in this volume ‘keep trying too hard and you’ll just break down’. I would love it if they crumble in the next volume, but it prolly wont happen. I'd be pretty disappointed if this containing feelings thing extends Volume 5. Would be good if it crumbled in Vol 4 or 5.
Sep 4, 2021 5:28 AM

Jun 2012
Domeoryx said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

Man, i was so sad that as soon as Yuuta realised his feelings for Saki, she cut her own and started calling him Nii-san. That had an affect on Yuuta to a degree, but just like it was said at some point in this volume ‘keep trying too hard and you’ll just break down’. I would love it if they crumble in the next volume, but it prolly wont happen. I'd be pretty disappointed if this containing feelings thing extends Volume 5. Would be good if it crumbled in Vol 4 or 5.
I think it would depends more on Yuuta's decision. Saki is such a frail girl, I believe it would be easy enough for her to fall apart without too much pressure or she could easily be swayed by anyone close to her.

It's a huge difference to Yuuta though, for now I can't see him defying reasons. That's why this relationship will definitely rely on his own discretion.
Sep 4, 2021 8:18 AM
Jul 2021
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Domeoryx said:
I think it would depends more on Yuuta's decision. Saki is such a frail girl, I believe it would be easy enough for her to fall apart without too much pressure or she could easily be swayed by anyone close to her.

It's a huge difference to Yuuta though, for now I can't see him defying reasons. That's why this relationship will definitely rely on his own discretion.
Hmm, yea thats a good point. He will most likely try to lock away his feelings unless they grow too much to a point where he has to confess, regardless of what it means to their family. He prolly wont back down without a tough fight tho. Things bouta get real spicy in the next vol
Dec 3, 2021 8:11 AM

Sep 2021
Fabulous wonderful I really like slow story progression and a bit of tension
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
Dec 18, 2021 1:48 PM

May 2016
Amazing volume as always! Can't wait for the next volume release!!

This series managed to leave quite the impression on me with only 3 volumes so far. I absolutely love the chemistry between the main characters. Their conversations and thought processes are quite intriguing. I'd say this series has the potential to be one of the best romance SoL series if the author keeps on delivering quality content like this volume.

Hopefully, we'll get an anime adaptation in the future.

Jan 2, 2023 9:56 AM

Aug 2021
Soo....
I just have finished my reading....
In short, to summarize my review, I want say... It was another god level volume..
πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’πŸ’

First I want to say my great respect and special thanks towards the author and the best out of best illustrationist Sir Hiten.... You people really reallly did a great job.... Thank you soooo much for your hard work....

I also want to thank the voice actors of the charecters in the official YT channel.
The acting was so great... The voice overs were incredibly Kawaii.πŸ’–πŸ’πŸ’
Thanks Again....πŸ’˜πŸ’–

And Last but not least...
What an Script plan... The dairy πŸ“–
That was the first thing that cought my attention.... I will leave a screenshot
Ofcourse in English though...

I mean You see....
I am saying it because.. You just can't type the crosslines in pages... But you can actually draw it...
The crosslines in the page of dairy is the thing that I liked most...πŸ’˜πŸ’˜

And thanks again for the volume..
Hope to read some more...
Best of Luck..."Gimai seikatsu" team..
πŸ’–πŸ’πŸ’˜
Jan 16, 2023 7:16 PM

Aug 2021
Okay.... Let's say I just forget somthing to write in my previous post...

I really really want to say something I just couldn't say in my previous post.

First... The thing oh my....
The pool scene in this volume 3.. πŸ’πŸ’
Man.... Finally.......  Finallyyyyy.... My dear Asamura-kun
I will attach some screenshot from the novel. But first,

What are you?! Mikawa-san

These awsome script planning... Ahhhh...
My word won't be enough to praise you. Your idea of writting the script, linking one story with another, The format of writting, the phrases that you used  I am just So much glad to read this novel..

Really I liked it from the bottom of my heart.πŸ’–πŸ’  You are really really a great author. I mean You reall did a great job.

I don't know if this comment will reach you or not...maybe... But I want to show some great great and greatest example of your work from this volume that attracted me the most...πŸ’–

If normal people want to see this you guys are welcome... Please don't get me wrong.. I will use spoiler tag and please take those as a sponsor of this volume. (Though it is not sponsored... I am just doing it from my own will.) πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ“–

And In the same 151 page The Line arrangement at the ending was sooooooo gooooood.....πŸ’– I mean I am talking about the moon. Just look at this passage. 
Just How good can you be....πŸ’–
And also the definition of "Negotiation" from Ayase san's Dairy.
It is Soooo Cool....πŸ’–πŸ“–
And The Best part of the Diary is this... I bet You really fell in love of her I mean Ayase san after reading this. This kind of passage is tricky but at the same time very good.. Though to understand it, you need to read the whole novel.
Come on!!!  You fell in Love with her right?πŸ’–
And the very Interesting part of this Novel was The content table...
Yes... The table of contents..
Which I was confused at first because of the question mark(?) But when I read the diary...πŸ’– I understood the meaning of that.πŸ“– 
And there are Also so many examples like that which I will leave up to the other readers. But the whole point of writting it until now is to show how the author I mean You Mikawa-Sama did the great job to make this kind of wonderful masterpiece. πŸ’
And you know when I read the After Words of this novel, you said that your staff said "This is the most Divine volume of this novel."
And Let me say that this Is absolutely correct. This is most divine light novel I have ever read.

And In short, Thank You very much..  Really thank you for making such an incredible masterpiece. You really is the greatest.πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’

This is my post dedicated to The best author by me Mikawa-Ghost

ChicairoJan 16, 2023 9:03 PM
Nov 5, 2023 1:49 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This volume certainly picked up tons, after the last two volumes, the first was good to read (first time commenting on forums for this series), and already gave us clear hints about what was happening inside the characters. The second volume and up to around the middle of volume 3 were harder and slower to read than I would have liked, thus I would never rate this the same as something like Otonari, which is peak stuff for the slow development of romance as LNs goes, in my books.

Still one could say that Ayase was much quicker to start to realize her feelings, already in volume 2, and only now has he also come to an understanding and even put it to words, that scene was just great, definitely a climax, look to see that adapted!
I found the epilogue with Ayase's diary very enjoyable, gave us an insight into her, when otherwise we would be a bit lost, she is GOOD at hiding it.
It is kind of a shame that such a thing will end with this volume... it was disjointed to read since she did not write it in her diary and gave proper chapter separation like before.
I like to go ahead, after reading a chapter, and see what were her thoughts on said chapter, which made it much harder for this one.

Having already started with vol4, I won't be missing it that much tbh, since we also start to get double chapters for each day, and we see LIVE the PoV of hers, which achieves the same goal.

The culmination of this volume was a banger, you would think in context to her feelings, she finally called him Nii-san was she letting her desires run free and give in, but easily she used that as a reminder to put even more restrained, and same for Yuuta, they grew even closer, but more than ever have to face head on their conscience and hold on their feelings, buckle them inside and tough it through.

It is bittersweet and I love, and just like the afterword says, it wont be the same after this and it is true the style of volume 4 does change, the mood being one.
Things will definitly go at a faster pace now.

The anime should cover the first 4 volumes, it can not afford to cover only up to this, knowing the end of volume 4, but it will do so in 12-13 episodes, which is the typical bullshit, being pacing will be rushed, which is good for parts of volume 2 and 3, but I will loath when they skip or didnt give a bat about a part I loved...

Currently there are 9 volumes out now, translated in english, the official should easily take 2-3 years to cover up to it, thank god fans love for this work, to allow such a fast translation. I m very curious to see in deep those youtube videos which this series spawn from, but also have tons of other stuff going on, and there around 2x more content to read after reaching here, dunno when I will get to those videos.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Volume 1 Discussion

A1ter_00 - Feb 8, 2021

9 by R_j_s »»
Jan 27, 1:24 AM

» Which Studio should Animate?

CreepHazard - Jul 24, 2022

9 by Playcool »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:13 AM

» Licensed by Yen Press

Jesse-kun - Apr 7, 2023

5 by Playcool »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Chapter 7 Discussion

Chicairo - Feb 23, 2023

1 by Chicairo »»
Feb 23, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Chapter 6 Discussion

Chicairo - Feb 12, 2023

1 by Chicairo »»
Feb 13, 2023 11:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.