Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

(Ques for LN readers) Is it safe to read fan translations or should I stick with official translation

New
Jul 20, 2021 4:54 AM

Apr 2020
I just finished 7th volume and moving on 7.5 but since offical translation got only till 8th volume
Should I start reading fan translations is it safe to read it ?
Jul 20, 2021 5:04 AM
Mar 2019
Yeah it's ok. Just read from the good ones. I recommend zerobooks. They have finished upto 2nd year volume 3. Also volume 4 will probably be releasing this month.
Jul 20, 2021 5:06 AM
Jan 2021
Jinn_44 said:
Yeah it's ok. Just read from the good ones. I recommend zerobooks. They have finished upto 2nd year volume 3
On zerobooks we have to download the pdf or we can read it online ?
Jul 20, 2021 5:09 AM
Mar 2019
_A_S_R_ said:
Jinn_44 said:
Yeah it's ok. Just read from the good ones. I recommend zerobooks. They have finished upto 2nd year volume 3

U have to download the pdf.
Jul 20, 2021 5:13 AM
Jan 2021
Jinn_44 said:
_A_S_R_ said:

ohh I read online on classroom of the Elite fandom and on that site there is fan translation long summary of the volumes and it is upto the latest volume..i.e 2nd year volume 4.5...
Jul 20, 2021 5:17 AM
Mar 2019
_A_S_R_ said:
Jinn_44 said:

ohh I read online on classroom of the Elite fandom and on that site there is fan translation long summary of the volumes and it is upto the latest volume..i.e 2nd year volume 4.5...
yeah they r also from zerobooks. Join their discord, u will get updates on release dates of upcoming volumes, summary of the latest volume i.e., yr2 v4.5 along with the pictures from the raw material that recently got released in japan.
Jul 20, 2021 5:29 AM
Jan 2021
Read the official one because not everything is translated correctly.
Jul 20, 2021 5:31 AM
Jan 2021
I would recommend you to read from jnovels, its safe to read it. They are doing a good job with a translation
Jul 20, 2021 11:10 AM
Oct 2020
Official is batter
Jul 20, 2021 5:55 PM
Mar 2021
NaughtySempai said:
I just finished 7th volume and moving on 7.5 but since offical translation got only till 8th volume

There is no problem with translations except if you want the newer volumes. Graze is a very high quality translator (you could almost say he is better than the official translators) however, he has a job and his translations are slower so I found a Spanish fan translator that has people who edit it into English even if you use google translate to make the newer volumes they will be readable but have many pronoun errors. The name of the fan translators is the white’s room translations.
Jul 20, 2021 9:04 PM

Apr 2020
Tasnemo said:
NaughtySempai said:

There is no problem with translations except if you want the newer volumes. Graze is a very high quality translator (you could almost say he is better than the official translators) however, he has a job and his translations are slower so I found a Spanish fan translator that has people who edit it into English even if you use google translate to make the newer volumes they will be readable but have many pronoun errors. The name of the fan translators is the white’s room translations.

Can you provide me a link of graze's page
So that I can search of COTE
Aug 23, 2021 11:01 AM
Mar 2021
Oh sorry I am sending it this late but if you search of confused translations you'll get it. I'm not putting the direct link because I hear you could get banned and stuff for that.
Aug 24, 2021 6:05 AM

Apr 2020
Tasnemo said:
Oh sorry I am sending it this late but if you search of confused translations you'll get it. I'm not putting the direct link because I hear you could get banned and stuff for that.

thanks bro
yup i have found them already but they are slowed down a lot in past few months ,so now i have read indo->eng TLs
Aug 31, 2021 4:16 PM
Aug 2019
I use JNovels to read the light novels. Translations are official up to 1st Year Volume 9 rest are fan translations but it is really good quality. There might be a typo or the wrong pronoun here and there but its not common at all i'd say maybe every 100 or so pages you'll see an error. For the recent volumes if you search on YouTube "Anime boii" he has links in the descriptions of his videos for 2nd Year Volume 4 & 4.5 which are translated by him and they are also good quality. Hope this helps.
Sep 1, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
Turnere said:
I use JNovels to read the light novels. Translations are official up to 1st Year Volume 9 rest are fan translations but it is really good quality. There might be a typo or the wrong pronoun here and there but its not common at all i'd say maybe every 100 or so pages you'll see an error. For the recent volumes if you search on YouTube "Anime boii" he has links in the descriptions of his videos for 2nd Year Volume 4 & 4.5 which are translated by him and they are also good quality. Hope this helps.
seriously thanks man i was really searching all over for vol 4.5 and finally found it
Sep 1, 2021 9:37 AM
Aug 2019
NaughtySempai said:
Turnere said:
seriously thanks man i was really searching all over for vol 4.5 and finally found it
glad I could help! :)
Sep 13, 2021 12:06 PM

Feb 2018
The official translations are night and day compared to the fan translations in terms of readability. But that should be quite obvious when taking into consideration that the official translations are being done by paid professionals.

But of course, that also depends on which fan translations we are talking about as not all the volumes are translated by the same people.

I remember that i tried reading the fan translated version of volume 3 that i had gotten from the official subreddit. It was extremely difficult to comprehend it, i felt like i was reading something straight out of google translate.

Just like you i've been going back and forth on this topic. In the end i decided to settle for the official translations and read the fan translations for the volumes that weren't available. I don't regret it.
SomeNewGuySep 13, 2021 12:13 PM
Sep 13, 2021 12:11 PM

Jan 2021
The official translations.
But the fan translates are also pretty good. But it depends on which one we are talking about.
Sep 13, 2021 8:26 PM

Apr 2020
SomeNewGuy said:
The official translations are night and day compared to the fan translations in terms of readability. But that should be quite obvious when taking into consideration that the official translations are being done by paid professionals.

But of course, that also depends on which fan translations we are talking about as not all the volumes are translated by the same people.

I remember that i tried reading the fan translated version of volume 3 that i had gotten from the official subreddit. It was extremely difficult to comprehend it, i felt like i was reading something straight out of google translate.

Just like you i've been going back and forth on this topic. In the end i decided to settle for the official translations and read the fan translations for the volumes that weren't available. I don't regret it.

yeah i felt that too
even fan's translations was upt year 2 vol 3 only so after tthat i read machine translations of Y@ vol 4 and vol 4.5 and it left bad taste in my mouth...
there was all sorts of error.. now i regret reading those last 2 vols

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.