Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2021 12:59 PM
Master

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And the case is solved... As I remember, Conan NEVER before did solve a case with Yamamura-Voice, so that was kinda funny and intresting.

But I feel sad for Ayumi Q__Q she really believed in Zenda-Sensei...

Also, Wakase-sensei should have kept the four leaf clover T_T Rather than just let it get blown by the wind

But Rumi Wakase is getting more and more sus
Jul 17, 2021 1:03 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
And that wraps up this cannon Conan case. The method used to hide the body was easy to determine. Add to that the lack of anything new done with Rumi, and this episode feels like a waste of time. This case could have easily been fit into just one episode.

Jul 17, 2021 2:59 PM
May 2021
man rumi kinda spoooooky
Jul 17, 2021 4:58 PM

Jan 2017
Alex-chii said:
As I remember, Conan NEVER before did solve a case with Yamamura-Voice, so that was kinda funny and intresting.

It's not the first time.

He did it when he was first introduced , with the help of Yukiko. (Episode 96/Chapter 136-138)
In a filler. (Episode 360)
In Episode 466-467/Chapter 556-558 , with the help of Agasa & Haibara
& in Episode 600-601/Chapter 719-721.

But yeah , that's unusual.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 17, 2021 9:30 PM

Jul 2016
anime-prime said:
And that wraps up this cannon Conan case. The method used to hide the body was easy to determine. Add to that the lack of anything new done with Rumi, and this episode feels like a waste of time. This case could have easily been fit into just one episode.

I remember the op which showcased the chief, Rumi and police chief, implying they would have a massive role, but nope, it has not moved forward whatsoever.
And I think these Rum potentials are very lazy. Rumi was probably a associated with a victim of Rum, and became "cold hearted" vengeful, she also allowed that murder to test Conan on her first episode, so morally grey.
The Police Chief is silent, stoic, watchful, always observing, never doing anything. I doubt he can have any proper episodes like Rumi or sushi chief because he is police and involved in main plotline.
It's hard to tell if he was aware of camp fire or observing Conan.
And the best guy, the chief, up until that recent episode with the whodunnit church, he was not at fault or could have prevented any murders. I think he purposely orchestrated that whodunnit to test Conan, and knew there would be an opportunity for him to accompany kogoru and Conan.
He is the most developed character of the three, and is very likeabd and talkative.

This episode has one highlight, police brutality against Conan, up until now, I don't think any of the inspectors had hit Conan on the head.
Jul 17, 2021 10:56 PM
Master

Sep 2012
Alexioos95 said:
Alex-chii said:
As I remember, Conan NEVER before did solve a case with Yamamura-Voice, so that was kinda funny and intresting.

It's not the first time.

He did it when he was first introduced , with the help of Yukiko. (Episode 96/Chapter 136-138)
In a filler. (Episode 360)
In Episode 466-467/Chapter 556-558 , with the help of Agasa & Haibara
& in Episode 600-601/Chapter 719-721.

But yeah , that's unusual.

Oh, I forgot thoese XDD
Since It's years ago since I saw these Episodes...
But thank you for the reminder!
Jul 18, 2021 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
There goes Conan poking holes in someone's logic. Surprised Yamamura hit him though. That's more Kogoro's style. But then again Kogoro is like a hero to him.

Love Conan's 'this guy is useless I have to do something quick' face. Also like how Haibara looking at Conan as if saying 'welp someone's about to take a nap'. However, to just go that short a distance and make it visible to Wakasa? Not a good idea. Can't be helped I guess.

Darn it, thought we'd get more on Wakasa. Maybe next time. Up next is filler but it doesn't seem like there'll be a filler killer, so that's good I guess.

あゆみちゃんかわいそう。また最低な人に信じてしまった。
あゆみ 「四葉クロバーあげる」
わかさ先生 「不器用なじゃないから、いらない」

冷たい女。

冷たいってば、あいつの冗談が。。。
Jul 18, 2021 1:35 PM

Oct 2015
All the Urusei Yatsura nods were definitely the highlights of this two-part narrative for me. These were unquestionably easy throwaway jokes (and Aoyama kind of overdid it this time), but at the very least they were more interesting to watch than this quite frankly bad and empty mystery.

What I like most about this show's take on the Dr. Thorndyke/Columbo type of cases is that they allow the writer to focus on working on cleverish tricks to trap the audience into thinking that the sold 'howcatchem premise' is real. It is certainly a cheap way of surprising the audience, but Aoyama and his team, for the most part, managed to write effective twists as a result. Here is one of the exceptions to the rule however, one that has to be worse than Aoyama's least convincing detective stories so far.

Indeed, the scheme used by the culprit was mind-boggling easy to figure out: so easy in fact that it should not have been told in a 48-minute format - this mystery could have, and in fact should have been fit into a single episode. In all honesty, it was such a bore to sit through. It was neither funny (outside of the very obvious Takahashi references), nor were there any compelling character actions: Rumi is an intriguing suspect for sure, but Aoyama does not find use for her particularly well. She is merely observing Conan, putting from time to time some genuine pressure on the small detective's shoulders - but it has been so long since her proper introduction that the mangaka has long exhausted this formula. I am sorry to report that the 'little tease until the next one' is not enthralling anymore - and this case especially is quite testament to that.
BertKnotJul 19, 2021 12:00 AM
Jul 18, 2021 2:09 PM

May 2014
unfortunately I gotta agree with Bertknot's comment above.

I wish these episodes weren't so predictable and repetitive. We're geniunely interested in the newer characters, but the format of introducing them and giving us bread crumbs every 100 eps is really boring by now.

Aug 7, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
A canon case...and we learn nothing plot wise...in fact Wakasa learned Conan's trick but Conan doesn't realize he was caught.

Idiot...
Jul 22, 2022 5:07 AM

Nov 2021
Wakasa sensei seems to be aware of Conan's little trick... Felt bad for Ayumi, not only did she believe zenda cant be the perp but also wakasa sensei didn't truly treasure the four leaf (for a reason). Every rum candidate is getting mysterious but I do believe wakasa isn't rum.

Aug 13, 2022 11:42 AM
Jun 2021
This show is turning to sh**. Boring as hell. I thought she used some mechanism to hide the body ok the top of the tree and then lower it using pulleys attached to the car (hence why moving the car).

The way the case is, the fact that no one realizes the body at first is simply non believable, very poor writing...as most of the story since chapter 900. But as long as the Japanese audience keep clapping, Aoyama will keep milking the cow.
Dec 14, 2022 8:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Conan resolve a hard case!!!
the 4 leaf clover, flew!!! kekeke
Dec 20, 2023 11:28 AM
Mar 2018
Part of me feels that this case could've been adapted as a tight one-parter; some bits felt like they dragged on for too long and I wasn't a fan of Yamamura's banter.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

3 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 704 Discussion

Conan_Kudo - Aug 3, 2013

38 by Elyshion »»
Apr 20, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 957 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 19, 2019

6 by animefan8800 »»
Apr 19, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
Apr 18, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.