Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2021 3:17 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
I really don't have much to say about the beginning of this volume since it's just your typical dungeon exploration. And honestly, I never really missed the Toki gang, they already had their episodes and seems like nothing that significant have change on their side, still a rambunctious bunch. Ranta is already too good and too much for that role.

So let's talk more about Renji, he's just ridiculously strong as always. If Haru is comparable to Akira, then Renji is the 2nd Souma. And this duo is doing good alright, the only problem is Haruhiro is contemplating again his lack of genius again in the same manner before he lost his memories. But it's fine for now since his skills is not waning any at all so it's just a matter of time he found himself on the right path......

Anyway, let's talk about Shinohara next. We all knew he's not as kind as he seems and his true nature is still left in the dark but what he pulled right there in the end is some next level acting. If it is really all calculated then he's some pretty good antagonist in that category. Also, what happened to the crown? I think I missed that detail, what did Haru did to it afterwards, did he gave it away too or stored it? It's a useless item anyway, right? Since Shinohara didn't mention any "elixir" in it.

And lastly, that moment we've been waiting for when will Haruhiro will stand up again came sooner than expected. And I did not expect it would be due to Ranta saying something wholesome. It's a mixture of surprise and disbelief for me but very pleasant of course. After all the weird conversation throughout this volume, that last part balanced it out, maybe even more so.
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

Aug 2016
I agree though it felt like nice going backk to the roots even though entire volume was just one dungeon to explore. Haruhiro's fangirl was kinda cute even though I didn't like Tokis much before they were more managable here, probably because there was team Renji and Orion too and Haruhiro heroes (I think Goblin Slayers sounds better though) are on par with other teams now, Ranta's rants are also toned downed and he is capable like any others. Only if we could do something about Shihoru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 15 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Aug 7, 2020

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM

» Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 14++ Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - May 9, 2020

5 by Tememe »»
Apr 29, 2022 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.