Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 4, 2021 1:14 AM
Jan 2021
asiank0ala said:
Just drop something if you don't like it, is it really that hard?

For some people, yea, because they want to know why its hyped if you dont like it
Jul 4, 2021 1:35 AM

Aug 2020
If u don't like it ig it's just not ur cup of tea
Jul 4, 2021 1:35 AM

Mar 2019
I didn’t like at all S1 and dropped it a few months ago, then when I saw the hype for S3 I decided to give it another chance so I completed S1 and started S2, but dropped it after ep 10…
You don’t have to force yourself watching something that doesn’t suit your tastes, S2 is nothing different from S1, I can’t say anything for S3 but I guess it’s still heavy crying and dripping with drama…
Jul 4, 2021 1:37 AM
Apr 2020
Maybe it isn't your type of anime
Just like what happened to me, watched the first season and then gave it a score of 1
Jul 4, 2021 1:51 AM

Oct 2020
Ponzerelli said:
I have watched about 6 episodes now and I really do not understand what makes this anime so amazing, I think it's boring as hell and I dont wanna watch more of it. I know the final season is one of the best anime of all time now I guess but im having a hard time believing that. So please lmk what to look forward to in this anime cuz rn im thinking of dropping it
did u drop Stein's; Gate???? Because in 6 eps it's just like a boring SOL anime still it's rated 9.9 on mal, it should have a reason right? Same goes here, in s2 till the end after ep 18 of s2 h will start understanding what this story means, i recommend you to finish s2 and then you will understand why it's so highly rated and worth watching, i don't wanna giev spoilera but every eps of s3 is a huge twist
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 4, 2021 1:52 AM

Oct 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
If you don’t like then drop or you may keep on hold just to watch years later
also one thing is that the last of eps of s1 was a shock to almost everyone, try it
Jul 4, 2021 1:54 AM

Oct 2020
SarutoKen said:
I didn’t like at all S1 and dropped it a few months ago, then when I saw the hype for S3 I decided to give it another chance so I completed S1 and started S2, but dropped it after ep 10…
You don’t have to force yourself watching something that doesn’t suit your tastes, S2 is nothing different from S1, I can’t say anything for S3 but I guess it’s still heavy crying and dripping with drama…
bro watch ep 18 or close by of s2, after ep 18 of s2 the mystery gets unwrapped, it's amazing, you never met great characters like Rin,Kureno and you didn't even unlock half of the mystery of the series, you didn't get to watch Rin's backstory ep which was great, man Hatsuhara was amazing try it at least finish s2 and you will know why it's amazing
Jul 4, 2021 1:55 AM
Apr 2021
Rollout22 said:
I recently started it too and the first couple episodes made me nearly drop it but I’m glad I didn’t since it’s growing on me. I’m finding little gems of emotion tucked in there that are hitting for me. Honestly it’d be more interesting without the zodiac stuff and just focus on relationships but I’ll keep giving it a try.

Yeah but ngl the zodiac stuff is what takes the edge with this anime. Ofc the relationships are already interesting themselves but it’s arguably because of the how the zodiac have grown up/their experiences that make them that way.

Aside from Tohru, Hana and Arisa who are “normal”, though Hana is arguably.. not, everyone else is a zodiac. If you’re not that far in, you’ll come to appreciate the story in its entirety once you reach the final season. I personally loved the zodiac aspect and the story surrounding it as it’s an original concept. The characters are also really well developed on top of that
Jul 4, 2021 1:56 AM

Oct 2020
Ponzerelli said:
christianlsc_ said:
If you found it boring then that's fine. You don't have to like it just because it's one of the best animes of all time (I think it's the best). Personally, what I like most is the message about the importance of forgiveness and compassion.
Ive seen some of the best romance / drama stories such as clannad and toradora and absolutely loved them. Idk why Im having a hard time with this one
bro clannad was also not good till ep 6, it became good after ep 24 which is clannad afterstory so give time
Jul 4, 2021 2:33 AM
Jun 2021
If you don't wanna watch it then don't. I got really into it once they showed kyos true form episode
Jul 4, 2021 2:34 AM

Apr 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:
If you don’t like then drop or you may keep on hold just to watch years later
also one thing is that the last of eps of s1 was a shock to almost everyone, try it
Not for me But thank you , I was bored with ep 22 so I watched last ep
Jul 4, 2021 2:36 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Drop it if you are not enjoying it. It'll be like this throughout.

Jul 4, 2021 2:39 AM

Oct 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Not for me But thank you , I was bored with ep 22 so I watched last ep
then SOL isn't for you, better watch anime like AOT,KNY,FMAB,JJK and all similar shonen, because i don't think you will like SOL anime like Furuba,Clannad,Hyouka,Nichijou,Oregairu and all. Because Sol is about daily life and many ppl hate that genre, i love that but if u think you will get stick fights or anything shocking like in shonen then No. It's about Daily life but with mysteries bounded all over and mostly uncovers at the last
Jul 4, 2021 2:50 AM
Mar 2021
Season 3 topping the MAL Top anime chart.
Jul 4, 2021 3:07 AM
Sep 2019
Lol if you don't like it just don't watch it why forcing yourself to watch it in my case i don't like Vineland sage and attack on titan i dropped it in middle (i am romance genre type person ) so comments on this please lol but if you like it , it's suite your taste watch it don't like it watch other show their are still many anime left to be watched
Jul 4, 2021 4:04 AM
Jun 2021
Because you are too mature to love this. So drop this anime and celebrate your maturity
Jul 4, 2021 4:05 AM

Dec 2020
I also had it on hold after the first 6 to 10 episodes, but eventually I kept watching it and now it's my favourite anime. However if you don't like it at all or are not intrigued by the characters, you should just drop it. No one forces you to watch it ;)
Jul 4, 2021 5:00 AM
May 2021
It has a slow start but gets better. If u WANT to like it then keep watching till end of the season. If u feel the same way after first season then it's up to u to drop it. Personally I think it's best shoujo and I liked it very much
Jul 4, 2021 6:13 AM
Dec 2016
If you're not getting anything out of it, don't waste your time. You don't have to like everything, it's OK not to like something even if other people have a high opinion of it.
Jul 4, 2021 7:02 AM
Dec 2020
Ponzerelli said:
I have watched about 6 episodes now and I really do not understand what makes this anime so amazing, I think it's boring as hell and I dont wanna watch more of it. I know the final season is one of the best anime of all time now I guess but im having a hard time believing that. So please lmk what to look forward to in this anime cuz rn im thinking of dropping it
You don’t need to trust me but, this anime is shockingly overrated even the final season, some animes i can understand why people like but Fruits basket is legit a cliche romance unrealistic overdramatic crap, just drop it at this point
Jul 4, 2021 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
It gets better but if you don’t like it then drop it
Jul 4, 2021 8:29 AM

Apr 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
then SOL isn't for you, better watch anime like AOT,KNY,FMAB,JJK and all similar shonen, because i don't think you will like SOL anime like Furuba,Clannad,Hyouka,Nichijou,Oregairu and all. Because Sol is about daily life and many ppl hate that genre, i love that but if u think you will get stick fights or anything shocking like in shonen then No. It's about Daily life but with mysteries bounded all over and mostly uncovers at the last

NICE JOKE MAN !!!!!(I don't like SOL!!! you should really visit my profile, I have Hyouka in my fav ,gave Clannad a 9 and Oregairu is trash, I just got bored because it's a SHOUJO and ROMANCE not because it's a SOL, and I am planning to watch it after some time )

JUST SEE HOW MANY ARE SHOUNEN AND HOW MANY ARE SOL.

Some SOL are just epic and some are trash.(ain't calling FB a trash)

The Manga isn't a SOL.

Mystery is my favourite I watched All detective Conans 950 episodes in few months.

P.s.If you really like a Oregairu and think that hating it means hating SOL , we should settle that in comments .I highly recommend you to state your views.
Tristar_ShinobiJul 4, 2021 8:43 AM
Jul 4, 2021 9:12 AM
Mar 2021
Ponzerelli said:
I found it really boring up until like...episode 12? After that it got better tbh.
Jul 4, 2021 11:59 AM
May 2021
It’s a slow burner for sure, i didn’t get into it until the second half of the first season. but it really is rewarding watching the character growth and how the story progresses. i’d say if you want to like it, watch until the end of season one then decide what you want to do. i thought it was over rated at first but finishing it, i rated it 9/10 overall
Jul 4, 2021 2:36 PM
Jun 2021
I mean if it's not your type of anime that's ok!
The story is good and the characters are very relatable to most people. Season 2 is when it starts picking up a lot!
But hey if you're not feeling it, that's valid too.
Jul 4, 2021 5:51 PM
Jan 2019
Honestly I had no idea what the anime was about and only started watching Fruits basket based on an impulsive decision. Seemed hella fluffy and sappy at first but still kept watching, and I’m glad I did. Ayo I did not at all expect to take such a strong liking to it. Anime In general is profound like that, twists you in such a way you can’t not like it.
Jeez forgetting the point :|

6 episodes in is way too soon to give up. There’s a lottttt still to come.
Give it a chance. Watch more and get into it. Might surprise you how likable fruits basket really is.

The characters are quite peculiar, the content is amusing and thoughtful. It can be interesting and before you know it, you’ll swoon over how cute everything is FOR REAL.

Excuse the long ass post, probs a bit extra and won’t be read. Oh well.
Keep watching otherwise it’s no fair.
Fruits basket is sweet. Not sure how I feel about the finale (lowkey unsatisfied) but the first and second season are very good.

I mean it’s whole story line and characteristics are peculiar. It’s not the kind of anime you come across often. Gotta respect its uniqueness.
Jul 4, 2021 6:14 PM
Jan 2019
Who cares if it’s unrealistic or cliche or whatever else people are labeling it. Anime is art. Just enjoy it.
Not like the human population knows what’s real anyway :D
Jul 4, 2021 6:50 PM

Oct 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

NICE JOKE MAN !!!!!(I don't like SOL!!! you should really visit my profile, I have Hyouka in my fav ,gave Clannad a 9 and Oregairu is trash, I just got bored because it's a SHOUJO and ROMANCE not because it's a SOL, and I am planning to watch it after some time )

The Manga isn't a SOL.

Mystery is my favourite I watched All detective Conans 950 episodes in few months.

P.s.If you really like a Oregairu and think that hating it means hating SOL , we should settle that in comments .I highly recommend you to state your views.
if u r a SOL fan then "Oregairu is trash" is a pretty hard line to say because it's one of the peak Rom-com,Sol as many ppl say, it's very hard to understand the thinkings of the MC, all that matters are the characters, those who loved that show have in favs and those who didn't understand hated it, so not that Oregairu is boring, almost all SOL are boring imo which i love the most. Not all Sol are good, i agree i didn't like Uzaki Chan, many ppl didn't like Violet Evergarden still if u r a Sol fan then u should watch till the end,
Jul 4, 2021 6:52 PM

Oct 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

The Manga isn't a SOL.

don't go off-topic by talking about Oregairu now, i won't see anything to hate the genre if u hate one series, that's all, talk about Furuba here, that's all matters
Jul 4, 2021 8:36 PM

Apr 2020
@Anayan_Kashyap , didn't you see the p.s. I said if you want to say anything about Oregairu come to comments, did you even read before replying???,peak rom-com nice joke btw

And I said about FB that (it's a SHOUJO + ROMANCE) a torture for me binging it , I would rather watch it one episode per month. And its on-hold not dropped. Do you understand what on-hold mean?.
Jul 4, 2021 8:41 PM

Oct 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
@Anayan_Kashyap , didn't you see the p.s. I said if you want to say anything about Oregairu come to comments, did you even read before replying???,peak rom-com nice joke btw

And I said about FB that (it's a SHOUJO + ROMANCE) a torture for me binging it , I would rather watch it one episode per month. And its on-hold not dropped. Do you understand what on-hold mean?.
i didn't want to talk about Oregairu btw, and yeah it is considered one of the best rom-com. Also if u don't like shoujos then just drop it because shoujo is mostly for female audiences but many Sol fans like shoujos, still that's your opinion watch it or drop it, i just told that from the end of s2 i.e. ep 18 the show starts uncovering the hidden mysteries, and still if u don't believe then just drop it....smh
Jul 4, 2021 10:42 PM

Apr 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:

i didn't want to talk about Oregairu btw, and yeah it is considered one of the best rom-com. Also if u don't like shoujos then just drop it because shoujo is mostly for female audiences but many Sol fans like shoujos, still that's your opinion watch it or drop it, i just told that from the end of s2 i.e. ep 18 the show starts uncovering the hidden mysteries, and still if u don't believe then just drop it....smh
Did you did a survey of how many "people like shoujo or not" , Natsume is a shoujo it's in my favourite, Chihayafuru is a Josei , one of my favourites. Just don't go assuming things about people ("most people consider xyz a top tier anime") , just because it's popular doesn't make it good .

And you are the one who changed subject, hypocrite. You are the one giving advice to don't watch SOL assuming that I am a shonentard.

I have watched Fruit Basket from ep 1 in 2019 and put in on hold till all 63 eps are available but it's too boring to binge watch that's why it's on hold .And btw Oregairu is "trash"
Jul 5, 2021 3:47 AM
Nov 2020
I skipped past most of the first season, since I watched the old one, but it wasn’t until around season 2 when I really started to get invested, and the final season is the best out of them all in my opinion.
OnesessionJul 5, 2021 3:51 AM
Jul 5, 2021 6:08 AM
Mar 2018
If there is 1 episode of season 1 I remembered vividly from the first time I watched season 1, is episode 24. Hands down the most impactful episode of season 1. However, in a similar thread on season 3, I recommended to someone to watch at least episode 7 (of the first season) before deciding on whether to drop it or not. Hatori's story is a turning point in my opinion. I started watching the anime again now that the story is complete and I realized that episode 1x10 is basically a prologue to season 3. It sets up so many stories and yet, if you are not familiar with what is going to happen next, you are not going to realize a thing.

Overall, I think you should at least see the 1rst cour at your own pace or even better watch the whole season, to get a better understanding of what this story is about.
Jul 5, 2021 8:36 AM
Jan 2016
MK17_2 said:
Who cares if it’s unrealistic or cliche or whatever else people are labeling it. Anime is art. Just enjoy it.
Not like the human population knows what’s real anyway :D
Agreed Anime is the pinnacle of human entertainment
Jul 5, 2021 9:00 PM
Jun 2021
sobergintoki said:
Idk. If you don’t like it, you don’t like it. However, for me, I don’t think it was really until the end of the first season that I started to become really invested in this show. It was kinda slow at the start.
I second this. You don’t always love everything that’s popular and that’s okay.
Jul 6, 2021 5:13 AM

Oct 2018
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

The Manga isn't a SOL.

Check out in Anilist. Furuba tagged there that Furuba is a SOL anime. And it's obvious that Furuba is a SoL genre.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 6, 2021 5:32 AM

Apr 2020
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:

The Manga isn't a SOL.

Check out in Anilist. Furuba tagged there that Furuba is a SOL anime. And it's obvious that Furuba is a SoL genre.
Damn man, sorry but you are surely dumb , why? You should have just said to me see this anime tags this site ,I know it's a SOL but Romance and Shoujo elements are more in it.

I was just telling a dumb guy who judged me to not like SOL just because I got bored in one show , and I really enjoyed most of it .
Jul 6, 2021 9:45 AM
Jan 2016
brose_MHA said:
Dropping this is like not having breakfast lunch and dinner for me, I recently finished it and let me tell you I cried- it has so much added to it.
see, I totally know how that feels! I dont want to be that guy who drops a really good anime...
Jul 6, 2021 10:51 AM
Sep 2009
hear me, I must cry for attention and for others to validate my thoughts

#pussyboi
Jul 7, 2021 6:44 AM
Jul 2020
I feel this anime resonates on a more personal level with people who have experienced similar situations as the zodiac signs do/have. Fruits basket is my personal comfort anime it makes me feel like I’m laying on a flowerbed with a slight breeze in the wind under a tree catching some shade. It’s peaceful when the world is a riot, tohru’s kindness and love is definitely something a lot of viewers of this anime wish they could have, and then there’s the romance element and such. In summary if you don’t have much of an interest 6 episodes into the first season of this series and you’re the type to drop an anime if it bores you then just drop the anime pretty much, different strokes for different folks
Jul 8, 2021 9:24 PM
Dec 2019
It spices up the next season and tohru will be less in the middle of all and be more focused on other characters and backgrounds and progress of characters
Jul 9, 2021 12:22 PM

Jul 2019
Ponzerelli said:

"I know the final season is one of the best anime of all time now" how do you know it if you only watched 6 episodes from season one? MAL scores don't mean a shit, so don't think an anime is one of the bests just because it got high score on a stupid website.
Jul 9, 2021 12:30 PM

Mar 2013
do not push yourself like me. I watched it because I wanted to know about Season 3 and the hype. I forced myself and dropped the second season. Not healthy and a time waste
Jul 10, 2021 9:46 PM

Oct 2020
nurfee said:
do not push yourself like me. I watched it because I wanted to know about Season 3 and the hype. I forced myself and dropped the second season. Not healthy and a time waste
try watching s3 and you will definitely love the series, just complete s3 and tell me after that u regret it or u loved it
Jul 10, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Damn man, sorry but you are surely dumb , why? You should have just said to me see this anime tags this site ,I know it's a SOL but Romance and Shoujo elements are more in it.

I was just telling a dumb guy who judged me to not like SOL just because I got bored in one show , and I really enjoyed most of it .
if u complete s3 and finish watching till the last ep you will prove yourself wrong
Jul 10, 2021 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
Your taste in anime is pretty apparent when I visited your profile. You're obviously not into the genre of the show in general and as you say you don't even understand what makes it good. Just drop it then, if you keep going without knowing it you're just wasting time.
Jul 11, 2021 12:15 AM
Apr 2019
These vids do a good job in highlighting what makes this show great. Enjoy~
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOwZsnZQ7XUL_FhTISa1cXLjkwFTDZDBc
Jul 11, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:

if u complete s3 and finish watching till the last ep you will prove yourself wrong
What are you talking about ?? FB I said i will watch after some time, or Oregairu I said. Settle it in comments
Jul 11, 2021 6:15 AM

Oct 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
What are you talking about ?? FB I said i will watch after some time, or Oregairu I said. Settle it in comments
Furuba s3 i mean u will love s3 just after ep 6 of s3 watch till the end
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

219 by kiteall »»
May 9, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

192 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

140 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

152 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

131 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 6:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.