Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2021 8:24 PM

Nov 2018
This is just hypothetical (and maybe wishful) thinking, but instead of an actual anime adaptation, what about something similar to Ghost of Tsushima?

I know many people are of the opinion that an anime adaptation of Vagabond would be virtually impossible, and realistically, a live action series is the most practicable way of adapting the series. And I agree. This only came up because of GoT's Director's Cut for the PS5, but why not have a Ghost of Tsushima-styled cinematic CG adaptation of the series?

(Note: it doesn't have to be the creators of GoT, I'm just using them as an example)

Firstly, I think Inoue's art style can translate really well into GoT's artistic style, as the game's visuals are absolutely stunning and realistic. They have realistic character designs and landscapes/vegetation. And they can do one thing that most other anime cannot, deep immersion within its visuals.

Secondly, they can use world editing software to create the necessary landscapes and render them in.

Thirdly, they can use cinematic mode and render it in HD or in 4K. Those who've played the game can attest.

Fourthly, GoT already used famous Seiyuus (like Zoro's VA) for the MC, so they can bring in a lot of talented staff and VAs.

Fifthly, with the right amount of money, they can make this into a long-running series and take their time.

This is just me throwing my two cents in, but it would be cool if others realized the potential of something like this being able to bring alive series that can't be animated (like Vagabond)
_cjessop19_Sep 19, 2021 2:14 AM

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 1, 2021 8:30 PM

Mar 2020
A Vagabond videogame style anime? Fuck yeah, I'm in.
There's also this reddit post.

It just depends on how much a studio is willing to make it, I guess.
I mean I wouldn't mind a regular looking anime either, as long as it's good it doesn't matter.
Jul 2, 2021 3:07 AM
May 2020
well its not like i didnt like your idea, but i believe what makes vagabond so great is the natural and sophisticated atmosphere of the manga itself. i believe (no matter what studio) the feelings cannot be directly adapted
Sep 17, 2021 9:57 AM

Jun 2020
I whole heartedly agree with the fact that a live action would be most sensible.

However, instead of a full CGI series, It might as well be a video game adaptation. No matter how great, a full cgi series would eventually becoming uninteresting due to the fact that it would be equal to watching cutscenes.

A video game adaptation I feel would do the trick.

Still, the artstyle is very grounded and it is hard to imagine Vagabond outside of manga form. A CGI series would take a lot of effort and budget, like a LOT to do justice to the manga.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!
Dec 9, 2021 5:19 AM

Oct 2017
If anything I really think a LA or a CGI in the style of episode 1 of Star-Wars Visions anime would be really neat. I can list many series that would benefit in this style and its very nice eye-candy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.