Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2008 6:13 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The was nothing interesting or new this time around. I did get a few laughs though when Christmas mentioned she wanted a baby and also seeing Kurau in a waitress uniform. That look really doesn't suit her.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 26, 2010 10:33 AM

Feb 2010
Maybe with different colour choice... ^_^
Christmas child's frankness caught me off guard just like people in lunchroom, cute :D And the scene when they were staring at the poster together is quite funny too.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 1, 2020 11:05 AM
Dec 2019
Did I just get tricked into watching a slice of life?

Anyway, they're doing themes about familial connection and ethics in science and I hope they do them with more nuance than "you should focus less on work and more on family" and "you should be humane in your approach to science".

The connection between the pair is too in your face and not well set up in my opinion. The minute Christmas was born they love each other and it's been that way for 5 episodes without much development.
May 29, 2021 11:57 AM

Mar 2010
Nice slice of life episode. Wonder what Doug wants to do now. That bad scientist found out about Kurau and Christmas which sucks.
Aug 28, 2021 5:10 PM

Jun 2016
A laidback, family orientated episode this time.

Kurau still has doubts and feels insecure regarding what's best for her and Christmas. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

The mad scientist guy learns about Christmas. His eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets from the news.

Jan 22, 2023 5:43 AM
Apr 2020
Recynon said:
Did I just get tricked into watching a slice of life?

Anyway, they're doing themes about familial connection and ethics in science and I hope they do them with more nuance than "you should focus less on work and more on family" and "you should be humane in your approach to science".

The connection between the pair is too in your face and not well set up in my opinion. The minute Christmas was born they love each other and it's been that way for 5 episodes without much development.

Had to agree on the connection between the girls
It feels forced just so the plot continues rather than having a realistic bond
My only problem with this show so far beside the filler like events that doesn't serve anything
Apr 18, 7:33 PM

Sep 2018
i thought this one was pretty touching, and the ever-present foreboding that we know these folks are gonna go through some really bad stuff contrasts well with the positivity of the familiar bonds theme of this episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

3 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 24, 8:00 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 11 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 11, 2008

5 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 9, 2008

4 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 22, 8:39 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 9 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 9, 2008

5 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 21, 9:31 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 8 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 7, 2008

7 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 19, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.