Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 20, 2022 5:17 AM

Jul 2016
CallMeAnything said:
I loved the ending lol I loved how she ran away

Was a great scene. Loved it.
Sep 20, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
Shigure crying about his house even though he's instigated everything, sir.

Yuki gave Kyo a much needed reality check and pushed him out of his own head. Kyo's dad guilt trip Kyo so much that he forgot that his dad is the one who caused his mom's death.

Hiro and Kisa's conversation & Yuki running to Machi was so sweet. Tohru running after she saw Kyo caught me off-guard and made me laugh.
Nov 15, 2022 12:46 PM
Jul 2019
Both heart-warming and heart-wrenching in admirable ways
Jan 30, 2023 2:24 PM

Jul 2022
Having irritated eyes, tears coming out from time to time, lump in the throat so that in the end I laugh at how Tooru runs away xDDDD

May 13, 2023 5:04 AM
Apr 2020
ajhahahaha
I loved the final scene ahahah kyo running after her saying he runs faster... this anime has always managed to combine humor with romance in a very lovely way :) i will miss this
Dec 17, 2023 2:12 PM

Aug 2018
The big clash showdown between Yuki and Kyo finally happened! They have been teasing this ever since the anime started, and it's here,Yuki and Kyo were finally honest with each other about how they feel, how Yuki wanted to be like Kyo, and Kyo like Yuki. Ironic enough, Kyo was the one that took the iniciative, which is something Yuki always looked up on Kyo, how he was always able to overcome his hardships and try to make changes and be open about that. I think this discussion was really important for each other, for them to understand they have to accept themselves as who they are. And with that, each one of them got to know each one better. Kyo understood that he is important to Tohru, just like she is important to him, and Yuki understood his feeling for Macchi.

Of course Fruits Basket couldn't be so bubly happy, and so we see Kyo's father being the worst father ever, and wanting his own son locked away, for his fathers mistakes. I think this episode was important for Kyo and for us (viewers) to understand that the reason why Kyo's mother was depressed wasn't even Kyo, but instead Kyo's father, that always blamed her for giving birth to the Cat Zodiac Member, like she made some kind of choice to begin with. And that's why she always treated Kyo the way she did, she was worried about what his father would say, and not because of Kyo was. I personally never thought about it that way, but it makes sense now, and I'm glad Kyo caught on that too. If there's one responsible for his mother's death, it's his own father, that treated them both so badly. That man needs a hospital now. I'm curious to see what Akito will say to him.

Talking about Akito, wow, she really is redeeming herself. First of all, she is not locking the cat away anymore (something good needed to happen in Kyo's life at this point). And then she aknowledge the mistakes she has done, and apologized for them, especially to Arisa, that has a love interest in Kureno, the man Akito almost killed. I'm still a bit confused on why everyone is brushing away what Akito did so easily and not making her accountable for her acts. Kureno literally says he needs to get away, because he doesn't want to torture Akito by showing to her everyday what she did to him. Like the man lost his mobility in the leg (I suppose, because in the ending he's also seen using a crutch), and everyone is like "Who never stabbed a loyal friend?". But I'm liking Akito's character development! She's actually tolerable now!

To end the episode off, we got this funny and sweet scene with Kyo and Tohru, were Tohru runs away from Kyo, due to how shy she is about their relationship, it's so cute! And the way he just goes after her, GOALS. For real, this scene was so WHOLESOME!
Tohru and Kyo best pairing, no one can tell me otherwise.
Excited to see more of this relationship and to see Yuki confessing (maybe?) to Macchi! Fruits Basket is so good, and I'm so sad it's getting to an end so soon! Only 3 more episode to go!
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

318 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.