Forum Settings
Forums

Is flavor of the month anime better than the regular anime that you watch?

New
May 18, 2021 9:07 PM

May 2017
How much has popular anime changed your viewing habits over the years? Are you still watching popular, mainstream anime or the regular anime that you used to watch?

May 18, 2021 11:17 PM
Feb 2019
I suppose popularity hasn't influenced my viewing habits much, if at all. There've been plenty of shows that set the internet on fire, but I passed on them because they didn't sound interesting.

On the other hand, I've learned not to automatically write off a show just because it's mainstream. I used to turn my nose up at big name shonen and isekai, but in recent years, I've actually found some that I really enjoy. It pays to watch a wide variety of things, so you don't get too burned out.
May 18, 2021 11:19 PM
Jan 2021
Haven't been watching anime for years but if I have to say they haven't changed my viewing habits, I just watch whats on my watchlist and some mainstream if they interest me
May 19, 2021 1:46 AM

Feb 2019
Popular means "appealing to everyone," not "appealing to me," so I don't watch anything mainstream unless I already had prior interest in it, which itself is once in a blue moon.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
May 19, 2021 3:10 AM

Sep 2014
Popularity doesn't matter. I'm watching everything I'm interested in.
May 19, 2021 3:29 AM

Aug 2019
I watch pretty much anything popular that is currently airing, for example if a popular show is getting a sequel I’ll use that as an opportunity to watch it since I try to give every show a chance instead of just skipping it, but otherwise I usually just watch stuff that I interests me

but to answer your question personally I think there is good and bad mainstream anime, so just popularity isn’t a good factor if a show is good or not; but if I’m being honest a lot of the newer stuff that I see getting high scores don’t do it for me sadly, and it’s not like I dislike them solely because they are popular I just genuinely don’t find them that entertaining like I swear each season I see more and more shows that get 8.50+ super easily when I can’t even fathom what’s so special about them
snowykevinMay 19, 2021 3:41 AM
May 19, 2021 3:34 AM

Nov 2014
albertbrown said:

Finish Texnolyze dude. That's a legit hidden gem.

Anyway with popular seasonal anime, a lot of the time it feels like I'm only watching it cause it's new and popular.
May 19, 2021 7:14 PM

Jan 2020
It's nice if there's other fans out there but I'll enjoy something regardless of popularity

May 20, 2021 9:43 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Any elitist anime had been watched by myself, some acceptable the rest nope especially if there'are fickle MC like Monster n Evangelion lucklily MC Texhnolyze didnt acted like them just always get unlucky fate whenever n whatever that he had decided

More topics from this board

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

33 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

123 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - Yesterday

18 by Nemo_Niemand »»
3 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - Apr 18

26 by ColourWheel »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

246 by Vaturna »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.