Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 17, 2021 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
Am I missing something, or does the second season or manga have some explicit gay content? This is an adaptation of a shonen manga from one of the Shonen Jump sub-brands, so it's strange for me to hear that, but I've seen quite a few fujoshi on the internet claim that there is some sort of mutual attraction between Sherlock and Morianti.
May 17, 2021 11:50 PM

Jan 2020
I-

Listen I love me my BL content, but in no way shape or form the rivalry between Moriarty and Sherlock is BL. Fujoshis need to chill on this one. Both characters are very competitive and thrilled by the idea of having a rival or someone that can outsmart them/challenge their abilities. Maybe it's admiration or fascination or even respect, but nothing romantic.

I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 17, 2021 11:55 PM

Apr 2012
samashi20 said:
I-

Listen I love me my BL content, but in no way shape or form the rivalry between Moriarty and Sherlock is BL. Fujoshis need to chill on this one. Both characters are very competitive and thrilled by the idea of having a rival or someone that can outsmart them/challenge their abilities. Maybe it's admiration or fascination or even respect, but nothing romantic.

Well, to be honest, I hear this about every shonen and every time they non-ironically believe that it will really be canon. At the same time, every time it is so loud and sincere that even me it becomes interesting.
May 18, 2021 12:07 AM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
samashi20 said:
I-

Well, to be honest, I hear this about every shonen and every time they non-ironically believe that it will really be canon. At the same time, every time it is so loud and sincere that even me it becomes interesting.

You're right. Fujoshis can literally turn anything into BL if they put their mind to it, so Moriarty the Patriot is no exception. However, I can safely say, this show is BL-free. There are no hints whatsoever, not even fanservice you would find in other "shounen" shows.
May 18, 2021 12:10 AM

Apr 2012
samashi20 said:
RobertBobert said:

You're right. Fujoshis can literally turn anything into BL if they put their mind to it, so Moriarty the Patriot is no exception. However, I can safely say, this show is BL-free. There are no hints whatsoever, not even fanservice you would find in other "shounen" shows.

Then what about "normal" romance? If I remember correctly, there was a bit of Sherlock x Miss Hudson in the first season. I also heard that Irene Adler added to the cast this season.
May 18, 2021 12:19 AM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
samashi20 said:

Then what about "normal" romance? If I remember correctly, there was a bit of Sherlock x Miss Hudson in the first season. I also heard that Irene Adler added to the cast this season.

I saw people complain about the depiction of Sherlock as the "lover" a couple of episodes ago when he followed Irene to her meeting with the older Moriarty. I personally did not see it like that. I thought of it as admiration of her strong personality, the way she rescued the drowning girl and maybe the way she also managed to use Sherlock's status to protect herself.

As for Miss Hudson, I think they're jokingly flirty and nothing serious. Some might argue that the tension between Irene and Miss Hudson is jealousy, but I also see it as females seeing through each other's act and simply not clicking.

I guess it depends on the way you interpret and view it, but given the themes of the show and even the tags, it would be kind of irrelevant to introduce romance this far in the story.
May 18, 2021 12:22 AM

Apr 2012
samashi20 said:
RobertBobert said:

I saw people complain about the depiction of Sherlock as the "lover" a couple of episodes ago when he followed Irene to her meeting with the older Moriarty. I personally did not see it like that. I thought of it as admiration of her strong personality, the way she rescued the drowning girl and maybe the way she also managed to use Sherlock's status to protect herself.

As for Miss Hudson, I think they're jokingly flirty and nothing serious. Some might argue that the tension between Irene and Miss Hudson is jealousy, but I also see it as females seeing through each other's act and simply not clicking.

I guess it depends on the way you interpret and view it, but given the themes of the show and even the tags, it would be kind of irrelevant to introduce romance this far in the story.

So, as in the first season, romance and ships are only subtly teased here and nothing more?
May 18, 2021 12:25 AM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
samashi20 said:

So, as in the first season, romance and ships are only subtly teased here and nothing more?

I believe so. Also, I'm an anime-only, so these are just my speculations.
May 18, 2021 2:37 AM

Dec 2020
? haven't read the manga but idt there's meant to be any romantic relationships between the male characters. people just like to ship
May 18, 2021 7:41 AM
Jan 2021
laughs in manga reader
no not really
There is some sort of affection and possibly love between Sherly and Liam in The Final Problem, but not romantically.
May 18, 2021 7:52 AM

Feb 2021
No, I’ve caught up and thankfully there hasn’t been a hint of yaoi.
May 18, 2021 8:33 AM
Oct 2020
First of all, if you’re watching this show for ‘relationships’ live a romcom or something then hop off. Second, If BL isnt a new slang for Brutal/Leave Speechless, then no this show ain’t got it.
Respect for another dudes abilities in the field isn’t a gay feeling by a long shot. Is competition between people gay? Do you not thank the man who invented the step ladder for making the ladder an easier tool? And now the original ladder creator is motivated to create a new design! Or do you that somewhere in the translation there, the motivation was changed to sucking off the competition???
Like what kindof question is this smh pick up a damn ball and find a rival.
May 28, 2021 11:38 AM

Apr 2017
I would rather ship Sherlock with Watson
May 29, 2021 1:53 PM

Oct 2020
I wouldn't say BL cause that's a whole separate category in & of itself... but yea I'm guessing most of the people in this thread are anime-only's so that kinda makes sense considering the anime cut out almost ALL of the major development between the two of them - to the point where the ending is gonna be hardly as impactful now. But the 'shippers' on the internet actually have a more than valid reason to ship them b/c as far as I can tell they're mainly referencing the manga, in which case the pairing is actually probably as "explicitly gay"/canon as a non-hetero pairing can get in a Shounen Jump manga. At this point I just genuinely feel bad for anyone who hasn't read the manga yet *Cries in chapter 55*
LuminescentMoonMay 29, 2021 1:58 PM
May 30, 2021 9:13 AM
Jan 2021
Im a male.I don't know anything about that and so far,there was never a hint of BL and the story is amazing,that why I kept up with it.if there even a BL scene,I would drop it a long time ago.
May 30, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
I don't think that this show has any BL.. Moriarty and Sherlock may have strong feelings for each other but probably aren't of love..
This show is filled with some great handsome Husbandos tho.. i love me myself a Dakimura of Sherlock!
Nov 27, 2022 1:01 AM
Jan 2021
Ik this post is old AF but sorry to break it to y'all they are gay gay. I'm sorry but there is nothing straight anymore they aren't even hiding it. And here's proof: 1. they exchanged wedding vows in chapter 75 2. the whole confession thing in chapter 67 3. literally living with each othe 😔
Dec 28, 2022 9:37 AM
Dec 2022
Hahahah this one didn’t age well
Mar 16, 2023 5:13 PM

Jun 2017
BAHAHAHA THIS AGED LIKE MILK, COPE SO HARD

Aug 12, 2023 10:10 AM
Aug 2023
How does it feel to know that you've found a great show and they said it include freaking bl...
bromance is great but don't be in romance

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

168 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.