Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 22, 2021 7:25 PM
Dec 2020
mal has it listed as "other" so i'm unsure as to how this places in with the story as a whole. is this a sequel? is it something that happens in the middle of season 1? is there some kind of timeskip?
Apr 23, 2021 12:34 AM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
I believe it's meant to be a side story to where the manga currently is, just like how Those Awaiting a Star was a side story to that part of the manga.

I haven't actually gotten around to reading the manga yet myself though, so I may be wrong.
Apr 23, 2021 1:53 AM
Dec 2020
MagicPolly said:
I believe it's meant to be a side story to where the manga currently is, just like how Those Awaiting a Star was a side story to that part of the manga.

I haven't actually gotten around to reading the manga yet myself though, so I may be wrong.

the way the synopsis describes it is confusing... "the story takes place shortly before cartaphilus took a nap and chise became an auditor at the academy." my memory might not be working properly but i don't personally remember either of those events?
Apr 23, 2021 9:43 AM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
hamifihekrix said:
MagicPolly said:

the way the synopsis describes it is confusing... "the story takes place shortly before cartaphilus took a nap and chise became an auditor at the academy." my memory might not be working properly but i don't personally remember either of those events?

No clue about Cartaphilus taking a nap, but I know later on in the manga Chise goes to the mage college that was mentioned once in the anime
Apr 25, 2021 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
Cartaphilus taking a nap is in the last episode ppl.

She battle with the villain on season 1, the white hair crazy dude called Cartaphilus. Then she gets a curse in one of her arms and now is black. Then, on their ward has a hole where Cartaphilus will be sleeping for some time there, I don't remember the exact reason why. There was something to do like you cannot remove the bad side of him, so they just put him to sleep idk lol

Then she married Elias and honestly this should be considerate a second season. However I believe it depends on the amount of episodes. If it's like 3 then I'm not sure if it can be considered a 2nd season
Apr 29, 2021 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
it's a continuation of the series. The Side-story was the one about her flash-backs at the library and Elias.
May 5, 2021 11:46 PM
Aug 2017
As someone reading the manga past the anime but haven't caught up yet, the scenes where their in school uniform is part of the next arc the anime would have covered if continued. Other stuff I'm not too sure about (probably b/c I haven't got that far in the manga).

Either way, I'm hyped for more!
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Things more important then what your hunting for, could be right there on the side of the road.”

Jul 6, 2021 2:12 AM
Jul 2011
Reialice said:
it's a continuation of the series. The Side-story was the one about her flash-backs at the library and Elias.

Nope, this is a side story. As I am a manga reader I reading till the college arc and this one is happened before the college arc and after the TV series end.
Aug 25, 2021 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
uhm...it's great you read the manga. I read the manga too. so which manga are you reading the original japanese or the english translation?
sorry-- but, when someone says side-story it means to say it's not part of the main story as it is-- like a filler. even if it's part of the manga itself. mostly it is a build up from there. you're answer is more of the time line itself.

then perhaps I misunderstood the question on hand. either way.
it's a side story.
Sep 9, 2021 9:47 AM
May 2019
hamifihekrix said:
MagicPolly said:

Chise agrees to go to the college to audit it...basically learn things there that will help her and other Sleigh Beggys. And Cartaphilus/Joseph was put to sleep by Chise at the end of season 1.
Sep 9, 2021 9:48 AM
May 2019
HazelShonenFan said:
As someone reading the manga past the anime but haven't caught up yet, the scenes where their in school uniform is part of the next arc the anime would have covered if continued. Other stuff I'm not too sure about (probably b/c I haven't got that far in the manga).

Either way, I'm hyped for more!

Those scenes of Chise in a college outfit in the preview have nothing to do with this OAD/side story.
Sep 10, 2021 10:07 AM

Mar 2021
What time does this drop?
Respectfully ofc

Sep 10, 2021 12:06 PM
Apr 2016
Where can we watch it ?
Sep 10, 2021 10:43 PM
Oct 2019
I mistook this for a new season of Akatsuki no Yona at first. I was excited. But now I'm not
Sep 11, 2021 2:12 PM

Jun 2019
gprime70 said:

It's not airing on TV; it's an OVA. So I suppose it doesn't have as specific and set of a time. It's a matter of when someone acquires and uploads it rather than a more regular schedule established sites have with the TV aired series.
Sep 12, 2021 4:06 AM

Mar 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
gprime70 said:

It's not airing on TV; it's an OVA. So I suppose it doesn't have as specific and set of a time. It's a matter of when someone acquires and uploads it rather than a more regular schedule established sites have with the TV aired series.
Ty, appreciate the response. Looks like we just have to play the waiting game for now.
Respectfully ofc

Oct 1, 2021 3:33 AM
Mar 2021
gprime70
gprime70 said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Ty, appreciate the response. Looks like we just have to play the waiting game for now.

Bro, its already out.. go check it. i already watch it but, how many episode of the ova will be?
Oct 2, 2021 2:46 AM

Mar 2021
samudera_26 said:
gprime70
gprime70 said:

Bro, its already out.. go check it. i already watch it but, how many episode of the ova will be?

Noticed it was uploaded yesterday to most sites, gonna watch it this weekend. --> also 3 episode OVA btw
Respectfully ofc

Oct 19, 2021 12:03 AM

Dec 2015
the quick and dirty answer is, this is a sequel to the TV series.

that's all anybody really needed to say. :>

as the MAL listing has been updated, the three 'episodes' will be one on each disk. and each disk will be a little extra 'goodie' attached to one of the volumes of the manga.

as to when each OAD comes out? well the 1st one is out. it's even online via 'the pirates'. as to 2 and 3 somebody will have to look up when each of those manga volumes are supposed to be published and in-stores in Japan. as to when they'll get online? huge shrug there.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome: Nishi no Shounen to Seiran no Kishi Episode 3 Discussion

Sacerdotisa - Sep 15, 2022

31 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome: Nishi no Shounen to Seiran no Kishi Episode 2 Discussion

Khunime - Apr 20, 2022

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:42 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome: Nishi no Shounen to Seiran no Kishi Episode 1 Discussion

trampler8324 - Sep 13, 2021

29 by MizuhoKamui »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:56 AM

» Should I watch this first?

Potatoboy11 - Dec 14, 2022

13 by Kays90 »»
Jul 9, 2023 1:47 PM

» When is the next episode going to be released...?

prettyprint - Dec 13, 2021

11 by Fox-Paw »»
Jun 16, 2022 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.