Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 5, 2023 10:40 PM

Jul 2016
Well that explains the show's name and why everyone's rocking silver hair. Wonder what Spearhead's own silverheaded girl's story is.

These battles sorta look like a futuristic tower defense or RTS game, especially when pretty much all units on both sides have those insect legs.
Mar 10, 2023 4:00 AM

Jul 2016
if the undertaker can fight like that with a janky, damaged, and cheaply/poorly constructed 'juggernaut', imagine how he'd play using a new toy... i'm very impressed by the animation. switching forth from an inadequately funded airing adaptation which must pull strings and conserve effort to this wonderful mecha display only serves it more apparent. and "avid" comes from this anime?! i always thought it sounded like it belonged to a mecha anime (most of sawano hiroyuki's [nZk] project for that matter) but i never checked. awesome. that girl (kaie?) with the bread stuffed in her mouth letting the cat out of the bag was funny, even though i dislike humor bits in serious anime often. if people are going to perhaps die by the dozen, i'd rather not get whiplash.
Apr 11, 2023 5:38 AM

Mar 2015
Shedding more light on the situation..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 5, 2023 6:11 PM

Feb 2015
The opening song it trash. The ending song is a clean 9/10. Perhaps this reflects my current feelings about this anime. It has potential, good moments, and an interesting premise. But.. weak moments keep piling up. This may be an average story at the end of the day. We will see.
Jul 20, 2023 7:14 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So this is really some racism because of the looks of the people. Is this the kind of anime that will have her punished and end up in 86 as well? Curious how this will continue.

Aug 29, 2023 10:22 PM
Aug 2023
Still not feeling it for this show yet, nor the characters. The MC preaching to the students was the show just awkwardly bashing me over the head with "you must respect human rights!", and screaming "how dare you!" if I dare disagree with them. I actually kind of wanted the 86 to lose to the Legion, the 86 are just handling the fight too effortlessly, making the victory seem hallow, and taking away from the characters because they aren't even struggling at all. More scenes of the 86 just hanging out having dinner all happy isn't going to make me like them more. Also Undertaker shooting the cans like that doesn't make him look cool, it makes him look like a reckless jackass since his friends are standing right beside the cans, and could have been hit.

Anyways, something doesn't add up. If the war started 9 years ago, and that's when they un-citizen the 86, why do the students actually think the 86 are humanoid pigs? Sure propaganda might be strong, but surely the students would think "I remember seeing non-silver hair non-silver eye people back when I was kid!" Not nearly enough time would have passed for people to actually believe the 86 are humanoid pigs, those students would have to be like 12 years old to not remember 9 years ago. It would actually be much easier to lie by not acknowledging the existence of the 86 (ie. "they all died of a sickness, silver hairs were immune"), and pretending the mechs were just robots with A.I.s. Maybe there's more of twist coming regarding this? Otherwise kind of bad writing.

Also since the silver hair society are a bunch of liars, I'm guessing the Legion aren't autonomous, probably got people inside of the mechs also, and they're not going to be running out of batteries after 6 years. The 86 think they're going to released after the war is over in 2 years ("what are you going to do after the war?"), LOL...they probably better get ready for a bad surprise after the war.
Garrett_DarkAug 29, 2023 10:26 PM
Sep 7, 2023 10:29 AM
May 2016
soo good i need more
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM

Dec 2022
The Legion are just rogue autonomous robots that already supposedly wiped out the Empire that manufactured them? Assuming that's true, what a hilarious way for Giad to fall. If the Legion are still attacking San Magnolia anyway, then they must still be following their programming to an extent.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 2, 12:00 PM
Jul 2020
It's a good anime, I wonder how it will turn out in the next episodes...
Apr 2, 12:00 PM
Jul 2020
It's a good anime, I wonder how it will turn out in the next episodes...
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

242 by ILLARX »»
Apr 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

458 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

380 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 14, 10:42 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

430 by grizmuth »»
Apr 5, 5:57 PM

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

24 by SSRSyt »»
Apr 3, 10:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.