Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2021 10:19 AM
Apr 2021
The MHA manga has gotten a lot better ever since MVA started most people can agree with me there. But the series always has somebody complaining about something the story didn’t do or did do which is fine but it comes to the point with MHA that people will ignore the amount of great things that happened in a particular and solely focus on something the story didn’t do correctly in their eyes. Examples: Mirio returns during the War Arc (foreshadowing with Eri’s horn being significantly smaller when All Might was holding her but people were afraid she would revive all the injured after the War Arc which didn’t happen, Gran Torino didn’t die (I would agree with this but with Deku having his cape it’s highly likely he died off-screen... he should have died sooner or died in general if he didn’t die or least be retired or paralyzed but it’s whatever and all we can do is assume he either survived or died, Deku’s arms being fine is something people complained about last chapter which I understand why but we haven’t gotten more information or the aftermath after the Muscular fight which Muscular is implied to have lost. Something thing’s Hori and his editor decide isn’t always the greatest thing for a story but the positive outweighs the negative and Hori has produced more positive than negative while working on MHA. Other arcs do things that people have issues with MHA for doing but they never get backlash nearly as hard when they do it. Focus on the good more than focusing on the bad is what I really want you to take away from this.
Apr 12, 2021 12:17 PM
Jan 2021
No. This is still one of the most popular shounen series that is currently going on. With how widespread it is, of course there's going to be a growing amount that would also express opinions about it that we would tend to disagree on. As long as they have justifiable reasons as to why, or they just say something like "eh, not a fan of this and that", then I really could care less if they dislike it. They have the right to. You say the positives outweigh the negatives and I agree so far, but there have many valid disagreements, even from fans, about what happened last arc and what's currently happening now that I found completely fine and fair. People should focus on the good, but that doesn't mean that people should treat the very noticeable flaws that it definitely has as less important.

Besides, this goes both ways. While I do agree that there are many that overly nit pick about the series and how its going so far, there are still way too many that overrate the series far too much, and there are still many that react very negatively and irrationally to anyone that have expressed any type of valid criticism and opinions about the series in general, such as the popular characters, the pacing or the general fashion regarding how the story is being written, what is currently going on (such as people expressing that some of the fights were really messy, the aftermath of the war so far was executed weirdly, still a huge imbalance of character focus, so on and so forth), etc. You say other arcs in other popular shounen series did things that MHA gets more backlash for doing the same, sure, but this again goes both ways (MHA also did things that other arcs in other popular shounen had done, yet MHA gets more praise for them), and with how toxic the community is and how many still really love to overreact with how much of masterpiece this series is, honestly just makes those negative reactions stronger. Happened with Steven Universe, happened with Shingeki No Kyojin's last arc (and especially the ending), and it happens here. They're very toxic about it on Reddit, very toxic about it on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, very toxic about it on here.
Apr 12, 2021 12:45 PM
Apr 2021
Dengogiki said:
No. This is still one of the most popular shounen series that is currently going on. With how widespread it is, of course there's going to be a growing amount that would also express opinions about it that we would tend to disagree on. As long as they have justifiable reasons as to why, or they just say something like "eh, not a fan of this and that", then I really could care less if they dislike it. They have the right to. You say the positives outweigh the negatives and I agree so far, but there have many valid disagreements, even from fans, about what happened last arc and what's currently happening now that I found completely fine and fair. People should focus on the good, but that doesn't mean that people should treat the very noticeable flaws that it definitely has as less important.

Besides, this goes both ways. While I do agree that there are many that overly nit pick about the series and how its going so far, there are still way too many that overrate the series far too much, and there are still many that react very negatively and irrationally to anyone that have expressed any type of valid criticism and opinions about the series in general, such as the popular characters, the pacing or the general fashion regarding how the story is being written, what is currently going on (such as people expressing that some of the fights were really messy, the aftermath of the war so far was executed weirdly, still a huge imbalance of character focus, so on and so forth), etc. You say other arcs in other popular shounen series did things that MHA gets more backlash for doing the same, sure, but this again goes both ways (MHA also did things that other arcs in other popular shounen had done, yet MHA gets more praise for them), and with how toxic the community is and how many still really love to overreact with how much of masterpiece this series is, honestly just makes those negative reactions stronger. Happened with Steven Universe, happened with Shingeki No Kyojin's last arc (and especially the ending), and it happens here. They're very toxic about it on Reddit, very toxic about it on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, very toxic about it on here.
The hate for this series is way too extreme tho. Many Shonens out rn have more flaws than MHA but don’t get nearly as much hate or criticism. Also I’m not saying it’s a masterpiece but it’s a really good battle Shonen. The writing is fine, the pacing during the aftermath of the war arc was fine and the fights aren’t messy. Yes I agree with the amount of character focus with certain characters but when you have so many characters it’s kinda hard to handle them all. That’s why I’m glad Hori dropped the whole “Academia” part. Some of the criticism for the series is rather dumb so of course people will respond but some is fair. I think in terms of battle shonen this one has less flaws than most.
Apr 12, 2021 12:49 PM
Apr 2021
Dengogiki said:

Very series has very noticeable flaws. It’s not a knock on MHA. Honestly there are currently a lot more battle Shonen that have way more flaws than MHA which has a few IMO with the biggest being the mishandling of a large cast. I also think the power system and the fight choreography isn’t great but still average and sometimes the pacing can be weird.
Apr 13, 2021 3:51 AM
Aug 2016
Dengogiki said:

Basically how it is... If every series gets criticized so should mha.... I for one loved the "academia" more than the show trying to add experimental flavors now and i still think the characterization given to the villians is outright disgusting (hate victim card playing with my life)
.... Do i still read the manga... Yes... Do i still enjoy it?? Kinda yes.. But i will criticize too.

It's Basically mha fans that try calling out other Shonens for their flaws and act like what others are saying concerning mha's flaws don't exist that are annoying
Apr 13, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2021
nakkki said:
Dengogiki said:

Basically how it is... If every series gets criticized so should mha.... I for one loved the "academia" more than the show trying to add experimental flavors now and i still think the characterization given to the villians is outright disgusting (hate victim card playing with my life)
.... Do i still read the manga... Yes... Do i still enjoy it?? Kinda yes.. But i will criticize too.

It's Basically mha fans that try calling out other Shonens for their flaws and act like what others are saying concerning mha's flaws don't exist that are annoying
I think the series is better than it’s ever been but it still has flaws. The characterization given to the villains tho is a bad complaint. MHA has flaws like every other Shonen. I’m not denying that but when people complain about every little thing the series hasn’t done or didn’t do it gets pretty nit picky. Also the “Academia” part of the series was the worst part IMO.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

2 by TengenFr »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.