Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2021 4:09 AM
Apr 2018
Well, first of all, I'm not a big fan of isekai, and not a big fan of mmorpg games either, so I didn't even care about SAO when it aired. But ironically, all that bashing everywhere in the anime community made me curious, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I think that for me the best part was the surprisingly realistic and interesting premise, (no random loser guy hit by truck-kun, and boring story, but advanced technology bringing the virtual world closer to us, and an evil mastermind triggering the conflict) and all that character development, romance, and character interaction that happened within the virtual world, and also outside of it. Obviously the Aincrad arc had the best world building, with all that nice portrayal of a society within a virtual world; like who will show their evil true nature, who will lose hope, and who will keep fighting till the end. Sure, the climax of the first arc was somewhat premature and dissappointing in a way, but I honestly didn't hate the later arcs either, because each arc introduced a new world/conflict, focused on a new character, and developed them nicely; Suguha's unrequited love, Sinon's ptsd drama, and finally that heartbreaking last arc in season II.

Also, the soundtrack is really bautiful and the animation is amazing. Sure, there are also a few unneccessary rape attempt scenes, op Kirito, who is unsurprisingly poplar with the ladies, but even that is handled quiet appropriately for the most part. So, if these are the biggest issues, then SAO shouldn't be that bad in my opinion.

Apr 5, 2021 4:18 AM

Aug 2020
SAO is fine, I liked Aincrad and Alicization arcs, but the rest wasnt that enjoyable.
Apr 5, 2021 4:23 AM

Sep 2015
I haven't finished the first season but it's decent, especially in the first half.

I have a feeling this second half will be worse though.
Apr 5, 2021 4:25 AM

Dec 2018
I only liked the Aincrad arc. I thought the world-building in Aincrad and the relationship development between Kirito and Asuna in Aincrad were very detailed and believable. It was easy for me to get invested in the characters, especially Kirito and Asuna, in Aincrad.

BUT... it all fell apart for me after that.
Apr 5, 2021 4:26 AM

Aug 2020
I like the world and animation other than that I hate the plot and characters.
Apr 5, 2021 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
premise: shit
fighting choreography: shit
characters: shit
romance: cringe and shit
everything else: shit

i hate it a lot but i respect other people's opinion abt it.
Apr 5, 2021 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
it was a decent anime, it has some pretty interesting SF elements but that's it. Aliciazation was so so, the world building was cool and Quinella was ok as an antagonist but somehow it didn't make me love it.
Maybe the movies will be better, Aincrad was the best arc
Apr 5, 2021 4:42 AM

Aug 2018
One of my first animes so I'm a bit biased towards it and I've always loved the idea of being trapped in a VR game. I actually like the video games more, they're mediocre compared to other games but it's fun to me :) I understand the anime isn't the best but I enjoy my time watching. Can't wait for the movies!
Apr 5, 2021 4:43 AM
Jun 2020
Because it made me start anime and that's all
Apr 5, 2021 5:34 AM

Sep 2020
It has some flaws but it's really interesting when you watch it

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Apr 5, 2021 5:35 AM

Apr 2020
i like sao only for the babe and cute anime girl.Idc about kirito XD
:3
Apr 5, 2021 5:50 AM

Feb 2021
I’ve yet to see alicization and alternative ggo. So I think my opinion would change after completing the series. And the Aterisk War makes SAO look like a masterpiece. It’s one of the only anime I regret ever watching.
Mo168Apr 5, 2021 7:59 AM
Apr 5, 2021 6:02 AM

Nov 2019
i dont love sao,its the last term i would associate with this show but the only thing i loved in the show was the first opening everything else was just not for me ig
Apr 5, 2021 6:42 AM

Aug 2010
It's not bad as everyone says and it opened path for the whole genre, no matter what everyone says. There are several enjoyable moments and whole premise sounds good. Then there's soundtrack that is banger. My personal favorite are both arc and spin-off that take place in GGO because I enjoy guns way more than swords (except for Kirito's lightsaber, that's lame xD).
Apr 5, 2021 8:49 PM

Jan 2020
I don't. But the openings, nostalgia, concept and character designs are cool

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think 3-episode reviews are valid?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

43 by Akuya »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite anime vs best anime

Kenzolo-folk - 48 minutes ago

7 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

65 by mohamedo_abuduru »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite romance ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - 10 hours ago

55 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
17 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

75 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.